Question about the timeline & PvP

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Question about the timeline & PvP

by Ahuna » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Will players be able to get R14 prior to ZG? Or will it be limited to R10?
Ahuna
Private
Private

Re: Question about the timeline & PvP

by cardk » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:38 am

Why would it be limited to R10?
No member ever downed a raid boss, by dying for his guild. He killed the raid boss, by DPS'ing it down to zero.

- Mute
cardk
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ahuna » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:53 pm

They seem to be taking great care in releasing content in a timely manner so that it doesn't upset the original flow of the game. If we can get R14 too early, then that would defeat the purpose all together.

R14 gear came out much later in the original timeline.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Ahuna
Private
Private

by cardk » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:38 pm

Field Marshal's Battlegear
Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Added.

I don't see your point? It was added quite early..

EDIT:
Besides, it's not like you can get R14 instantly :)
No member ever downed a raid boss, by dying for his guild. He killed the raid boss, by DPS'ing it down to zero.

- Mute
cardk
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ahuna » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:02 pm

It's still after MC, Ony, Dire Maul, Lord Kazzak and Azuregos.

The gear from R11 - R14 could make it a bit too easy.

EDIT: And getting R11 gear isn't that difficult.
Ahuna
Private
Private

by Hatson » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:21 am

I agree, this is something that rectifies a response and clarification, as this has been an issue on privates I've played on before. Well, maybe not a MAJOR issue, but definitely factors and changes the gameplay and power level curve of the game quite noticeably.

Getting to high ranks is not that hard. It might be for average people, but then again people always underestimate how much some people play, and grind. The true hardcore PvP'ers will have no problem grinding the ranks way faster than anyone else expects them, as they've already done this process many times before. And they live to PvP.
I'm a middle man in that myself, I love PvP in WoW. But I don't have the real life time to commit myself hardcore enough to reach R14. Unless I really spent all my free time doing it, haha.

But I digress. The point is: If they're going for blizzlike, they should definitely make it so that you cannot get the BiS PvP gear off the bat. That does indeed change things quite a bit, and is definitely not blizzlike. I've seen this with my owns eyes a couple of times now. And there was always people that complained about it.
Even as an avid PvP'er myself, as much as I'd love to have better items than anyone else early on, it is not blizzlike, and would cause a commotion among the community for sure. It always has on other servers.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Drain » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:18 am

I have a question as well. In their timeline, they say LBRS is a dungeon, but UBRS is a raid. This is true and false for both of them, but that's together, not separately. Originally, they were BOTH raids, and later, BOTH dungeons. So which is it, Nostalrius? I assume we're going with the dungeon version of level 60 content, not the raid version, so why does that not include UBRS? Originally, both of these were raids, along with the other instances(Strat and Scholo). Later, they were all scaled down to 5man dungeon groups. This includes UBRS.

In fact, why are you even giving the wings names instead of naming the whole instance? LBRS and UBRS are actually the same instance(Blackrock Spire); you just take a different door after you enter. The same applies for the different wings of Maraudon and Strat. Players decided to separate wings and give them unique names; the game itself never made any such separation.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by mx420 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:43 am

Drain wrote:I have a question as well. In their timeline, they say LBRS is a dungeon, but UBRS is a raid. This is true and false for both of them, but that's together, not separately. Originally, they were BOTH raids, and later, BOTH dungeons. So which is it, Nostalrius? I assume we're going with the dungeon version of level 60 content, not the raid version, so why does that not include UBRS? Originally, both of these were raids, along with the other instances(Strat and Scholo). Later, they were all scaled down to 5man dungeon groups. This includes UBRS.

In fact, why are you even giving the wings names instead of naming the whole instance? LBRS and UBRS are actually the same instance(Blackrock Spire); you just take a different door after you enter. The same applies for the different wings of Maraudon and Strat. Players decided to separate wings and give them unique names; the game itself never made any such separation.

the timeline seems pretty clear to me lol....

LBRS was a 5man that could be run with 10 ppl... no one i knew did
UBRS was a 10 man

everyone at that time called them UBRS and LBRS.... cause if you ran one... you only needed 5 ppl... if you ran the other, you needed more.

All those instances you mentioned could have 40 people in them at one point.

but seeing as the patch is 1.12 ... it looks about right. They said they are trying to release stuff in the same order as retail... they are doing that, its just going to be all 1.12 versions of the content
Last edited by mx420 on Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
mx420
Private
Private

by Drain » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:32 am

I don't know if you could enter them with more than 15; 15 is what everyone ran them as. This is LBRS+UBRS, everyone did 15 in both. Blizzard later reduced their difficulty and capped them at 5, reducing them from raids(>5), to dungeons(<6). If it's a 1.12 with these instances in their final versions, they will all be 5 mans, including UBRS.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by mx420 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:44 am

blackrock spire... both instances were always up to 10 in vanilla... ppl just ran lbrs with 5

the other instances mentioned got capped at 5 a couple patches earlier
mx420
Private
Private

Next

Return to Suggestions