Question about the timeline & PvP

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Question about the timeline & PvP

by Hatson » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:07 am

Yeah, Drain. I think you're confusing some patches. Because throughout all of Vanilla, people ran LBRS usually 5-man, as it did not really require as many as UBRS - where people ran 10 people, as it was harder and obviously scaled for more people than just 5.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Murloc » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:40 pm

Will players be able to get R14 prior to ZG? Or will it be limited to R10?

Ahuna is right, if you want to have the right timeline with stuff not too strong, there is a problem here.
R10 is already a good stuff compared to ZG. Why not locking PVP to R10 max and release R12 for BWL and R14 for AQ ?
Murloc
Private
Private

by mx420 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:19 pm

I would have to agree with the above poster regarding pvp items. Its a common complaint on private servers that rank 14 is just too strong in regards to the raid gear early on.

I dont think its game breaking by any means, (pvp isnt exactly balanced in vanilla anyway haha). If its possible to restrict it at release... awesome, but there are a lot of other things i would say are more important.
mx420
Private
Private

by Viper » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:14 pm

The server and its mechanics will be as in the 1.12 version of the game, but the content will be slighly different to always ensure a balanced game.

For example, retail timeline can't be exactly the same for multiple reasons ( lack of PvP content for sure, balance between PvP and PvE equipment, etc. ). Our main goal with this timeline is to get closer to the difficulty of the PvE content, like it used to be back in the old days, especially for Molten Core and Onyxia. So that's why Zul Gurub and Dire Maul wont be available at start, neither Alterac (powerfull items easy to get).

Regarding equipment, we decided to introduce the Talisman of Binding Shard for example.
Also, a very interesting discussion started from another server community regarding R14 equipment compared to Ahn Qiraj equipments, which will maybe change our timeline (more information on that topic soon).

To sum up, the current timeline isn't definitive, and we keep our eyes wide open regarding players suggestions and comments.
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

by Hatson » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:17 pm

Cheers for the clarification, Viper. Sounds good to me.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Letalis » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:42 am

Murloc wrote:
Will players be able to get R14 prior to ZG? Or will it be limited to R10?

Ahuna is right, if you want to have the right timeline with stuff not too strong, there is a problem here.
R10 is already a good stuff compared to ZG. Why not locking PVP to R10 max and release R12 for BWL and R14 for AQ ?

AQ40 gear > R14 gear. I don't see why R14 would be released along with a version that is in every way superior for PvP. R14 fits right into the Tier 2 Damage Dealer quota, hence, I'd say that's a great time to drop it, along with the >clear< of BWL - not its release, as people are bound to get R14 long before BWL is on farm for most of the guilds thus rendering PvE players gimped in PvP.

Let
Letalis
Grunt
Grunt

by Ahuna » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:52 am

Yes - remove the gear until BWL has been cleared.

That would keep the balance and feel of the original game.
Ahuna
Private
Private

by cardk » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:55 am

R13 gear is not superior to PvE gear pre BWL, I'm sorry.. Take a fury warrior for instance (One of the most popular vanilla DPS roles).

Shoulder:
Truestrike Shoulders is somewhat on par with Field Marshal's. More hit for a bit less AP and agi.
(Though requires a LOT less work to get Truestrike.)

Chest:
Savage Gladiator Chain > Field Marshal's

Head:
Lionheart Helm > Field Marshal's

Legs:
Titanic Leggings > Marshal's

Boots:
Marshal's pretty BiS for a while

Hands:
Edgemasters/Voone's Vice Grips > Marshal's

So please tell me, how exactly does it make any sense to you, that PvP gear is somehow too OP to ever set foot on this earth? It makes no sense, and it requires a lot of time to get R13, especially if you hardcore raid all the time aswell, gathering consumables, etc. I just don't see the need for this post, as it's simply not true... Sure, the boots are great. 1 item, amazing..

EDIT: Go alchemy and you get 2 of the items whenever someone finds the recipes, and the other stuff is easily farmed.
Last edited by cardk on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
No member ever downed a raid boss, by dying for his guild. He killed the raid boss, by DPS'ing it down to zero.

- Mute
cardk
Sergeant
Sergeant

by cardk » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:56 am

P.S The original game had R13 gear in patch 1.4, BWL was introduced with patch 1.6.
No member ever downed a raid boss, by dying for his guild. He killed the raid boss, by DPS'ing it down to zero.

- Mute
cardk
Sergeant
Sergeant

by balsh » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:20 pm

If I'm not mistaken pvp gear has been buffed one or more times to be on par with the release of new pve content. That explains a few things.

Also you could argue aswell that playing early content with late vanilla 1.12 talents and spells won't be blizzlike and as challenging as it should be cause spells and talents have changed a lot during vanilla.
balsh
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions