Old, unarmored mounts

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Old, unarmored mounts

by Beef » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:38 am

Or at least add them and remove them accordingly to the patches like how content was added.

"Dude awesome mount! Where did you get it?!"

"I have been playing here since launch, Limited time mount availability like how it was in retail."

"Thats awesome!! I'm so jealous!"

Something along those lines.
"BIG DADDDDYYYYY BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFF!!!!"

-BDB
Beef
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Smorgeybork » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:35 am

Beef wrote:Or at least add them and remove them accordingly to the patches like how content was added.

"I have been playing here since launch, Limited time mount availability like how it was in retail."

No, limited availability is dumb. Any mount collectors that miss limited time mounts will immediately be put off. There's no worse feeling than knowing you missed the bus on something cool and special.

I know there's an argument to be made for rewarding those who were here first, and for being able to show off, but I personally don't think that's worth alienating new players down the road.
Smorgeybork
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Yapatou » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:52 am

SanderP, you have not included the [Reins of the Bengal Tiger] -myth and legend.
Isn't it good to add this mount for collectors - like the talisman.

"Regarding equipment, we decided to introduce the Talisman of Binding Shard for example."
    Viper - Question about the timeline & PvP.

Check it ! myths and urban legends
You tell me. ;)

Please, excuse me for my poor English. :?

Yapatou
Trag - Tauren Hunter

"Look kid, I'm not gonna bullshit you, Ok? I don't really give a good f*** what you know, or don't know, but I'm gonna torture you anyway, regardless."
Yapatou
Tester

by Letalis » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:03 am

Smorgeybork wrote:
Beef wrote:Or at least add them and remove them accordingly to the patches like how content was added.

No, limited availability is dumb. Any mount collectors that miss limited time mounts will immediately be put off. There's no worse feeling than knowing you missed the bus on something cool and special.

I know there's an argument to be made for rewarding those who were here first, and for being able to show off, but I personally don't think that's worth alienating new players down the road.

This. +1

While we're at it, if we're talking donations, you could put up some toy items on there as well, however few Vanilla has. Just make them unlimited uses. There are some people, like myself, that would make sure to get every single one of em.

Toys are fun! *excited clapping and jumping*

Let
Letalis
Grunt
Grunt

by SanderP » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Still no admin reply?
Flavie, 60 Hunter
Illusion, 60 Rogue
Star, 43 Paladin
<The Council>
SanderP
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hatson » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:13 pm

Yapatou wrote:
    "Regarding equipment, we decided to introduce the Talisman of Binding Shard for example."

Do you think that means they're doing it blizzlike? As in, before BWL was released. Tier 1 and 2 were obtainable in MC, including Talisman of the Binding Shard.
And then in preparation for BWL's release, in patch 1.4, the Talisman became no longer obtainable along with the Tier 2 sets (save the pants from rag and helm from ony). The Tier 2 sets were then once again obtainable in the BWL patch, but the Talisman was never put back in the game.

If I remember correctly, only one person ever had it drop, and he got to keep the item after it was removed from the game's loot.
Last edited by Hatson on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Sélenne » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:15 pm

I don't think that the staff will modify the loot table to add T2 to MC ( except Ragnaros off course )
<Raid is Dead> Horde side guild
Slade - Orc Warlock
-----------------------------
Sélenne
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hatson » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:18 pm

Sélenne wrote:I don't think that the staff will modify the loot table to add T2 to MC ( except Ragnaros off course )

That would also make the most sense to me, seeing as we all know T2 is coming anyways with BWL's release. But I'd be curious seeing the Talisman drop. But the question is, would it be removed like in Vanilla when BWL is released? Or will it drop somewhere else than MC entirely?

I also think it's the only necklace that has a visual effect on the wearer, if I remember correctly? I think it was a lightning orb or something, like Shaman's Lightning Shield.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Shaggoth » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:34 pm

I don't know about the visual effect, but those RF and RN are something
Last edited by Shaggoth on Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
PRAISE THE SUN \ o /

Beta-tester :
Shaggoth - warrior tank
Drokhun - shaman heal
Morfodion - warlock unstuff

Soon to be :
<3 <3 <3 Bountyhunter - Hunter <3 <3 <3
http://kmod.free.fr/root/Vid%E9os/kevin.swf
Shaggoth
Grunt
Grunt

by SanderP » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:48 pm

Hatson wrote:
Yapatou wrote:

Do you think that means they're doing it blizzlike? As in, before BWL was released. Tier 1 and 2 were obtainable in MC, including Talisman of the Binding Shard.
And then in preparation for BWL's release, in patch 1.4, they moved most of the Tier 2 gear to BWL, the Talisman became no longer obtainable along with the Tier 2 sets (save the pants from rag and helm from ony). The Tier 2 sets were then once again obtainable in the BWL patch, but the Talisman was never put back in the game.

If I remember correctly, only one person ever had it drop, and he got to keep the item after it was removed from the game's loot.

When was T2 in MC except legs on Rag? And that's not the topic either.
Flavie, 60 Hunter
Illusion, 60 Rogue
Star, 43 Paladin
<The Council>
SanderP
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions