Forum and info access.

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Forum and info access.

by Squaresoft » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:52 pm

Hello there, I'm new here and together with 5 friends are ready to start an adventure here till 60, want to enjoy vanilla to it's fullness and we choose Nostalrius to do it.
My question is.. (NOT WANTING TO SOUND RUDE, IT'S CONSTRUCTIVE)
Why is the main page so empty and lacking of important info? the forums has the same problem, lacking all kind of sections and info.

A good example of what I'm looking for to improve my experience is:
*WHERE IS the realmlist.wtf information?. (seriously, can't find it.)
*List of available commands and chat channels. (I think that a global chat for ally/horde is need, of course it's optional, you dont have to be there, still, it's good to talk about the server, bugs, LFG, events, the website, etc)
*A forum section destined to reported bugs, reported not working quests, instances. etc.
*A command to check how many players are there online.
*Well, more suggestions you all know and may mention too.

Thanks in advice.
Squaresoft
Tester

Re: Forum and info access.

by Hatson » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:25 pm

The server isn't out yet. All the info is on the front page as well as in the Announcement section of the forums.
Then there's also their e-mail newsletter you can subscribe, and their Facebook, etc.
Everything is on their front page. I'm not sure what you're going on about the main page lacking info. Because it links to all info you'd ever need.

Main Page with basic info and links to everything below.
Announcement Section - Where you can read in more details about the server and what is planned and in the works for release.
Media Section - With some Youtube videos about the server, scripts, fixes, etc.
Facebook Page - Stay in touch via Facebook and shed a bit more light on the server's existence.
And even a Twitter page
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Youfie » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:10 am

The OP still has a point regarding the forum that needs more sections and the website that could be a lot more "sexyer", which is weird given that the staff once developed a substantially better one, currently unused for no known reasons :(.
Last edited by Youfie on Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by venven » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:20 pm

Youfie wrote:The OP still has a point regarding the forum that needs more section, and the website that could be a lot more "sexyer", which is weird given the staff once developed a substantially better one, currently unused for no known reasons :(.

Couldn't agree more !
Rogue IG & IRL.
venven
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:28 pm

I'm glad more people are coming into this project, but the server isn't out yet, which is why all these things aren't here. They do need to expand the forum now however, as it has too few sections. Compared to any other forum, it's tiny, and that can easily give a bad impression to new users. They could, at the very least, have sections for PvP, PvE, and Mods/Macros.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Suggestions