Bugs on private server and solutions

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Bugs on private server and solutions

by TheAnointedOne » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Hi I played on three private servers and they had all certain bugs. I solved some of these bugs with changes in the database and this thread shall be there for all people who solved bugs through database changes. So we can help any private server provider to become better so we can get a better game experience. I am a little bit shocked that as I searched through the Internet there are a lot people who are happy if there are bugs on servers because they wanna abuse them. But I found nobody who really wanted to help to find solutions. My question to the mankind is what the hell is wrong with you people? Here my solutions for some problems I found on private servers:

1. In the dungeon BFD at the endboss there is a Stonealter you can normally click on then it teleports you back to darnassus to the quest giver. Does not work on the servers I played on.

Solution:

table: gameobject_scripts

New Entry!

id=32935
delay=0
command=6
datalong=1
x=10075.5
y=2356.22
z=1331.89
o=3.73

Bug fixed.

2. Door in Uldaman (Ironaya) does not open

Solution:

table: gameobject_scripts

New Entry!

id=14393
delay=30
command=11
datalong=14394
datalong2=120000

Bug fixed!

3. Several NPCs who has a rangeattack with thrownweapons are bugged instead the weapon you see only a white cube. This problem is not really to solve by database because I think that the problem is in the mangos.exe. But at least you can garuntee that all these NPCs get a rangeattack which really work.

Solution:

table: creature_template

Search the NPCs there and change the thrownspell (10277) replace it with 6660. Now you have to change the equipment.

table: creature_equip_template_raw

equipmodell3=10671
equipinfo3=33493506
equipslot3=26

Eventually you have to adapt the damage by changes in the databases too. The last solution is only an idea I did not test it. Thx for reading.
TheAnointedOne
Private
Private

Re: Bugs on private server and solutions

by Floux » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:50 pm

I think those bugs are already fixed here.
Nevertheless, if you want to be really efficient, you should provide "UPDATE" SQL statements.
Hel - undead warlock (beta)
Cernunnos - night elf druid
Floux
Sergeant
Sergeant

by sshroud » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:17 pm

TheAnointedOne wrote:3. Several NPCs who has a rangeattack with thrownweapons are bugged instead the weapon you see only a white cube. This problem is not really to solve by database because I think that the problem is in the mangos.exe. But at least you can garuntee that all these NPCs get a rangeattack which really work.

Solution:

table: creature_template

Search the NPCs there and change the thrownspell (10277) replace it with 6660. Now you have to change the equipment.

table: creature_equip_template_raw

equipmodell3=10671
equipinfo3=33493506
equipslot3=26

Eventually you have to adapt the damage by changes in the databases too. The last solution is only an idea I did not test it. Thx for reading.

This can not be called a solution, it is a hacky workaround, which does not produce the correct behavior. I think it's generally more helpful to provide a clear and concise explanation of what is broken, and if you want to propose the solution you must also provide concrete evidence.

I would also like to add that it's a better idea to just explain thoroughly how it is intended to work instead of just listing a lot of table data (or other server-side data for that matter).
sshroud
Grunt
Grunt

by TheAnointedOne » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Right its no solution. I said that. Nice that you vaste place in my thread with not needed shit. Same the guy over me. All you guys can do is shittin on other humans. Am I right? What are you brainwashed Talmudjews? You are both scum in my eyes.
TheAnointedOne
Private
Private

by Hatson » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:19 pm

Ok, that reply now and the post in the PvP weapons thread.
It's a troll.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Suggestions