Blood of heroes and dynamic spawn timers

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Blood of heroes and dynamic spawn timers

by bockhorm » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:33 pm

TL;DR blood of heroes spawn is tuned after vanilla server capacity, i.e. 4 times lower the amount of players we have on this server during peak times and roughly 3 times lower during off times. Hence, blood of heroes spawns/spawn timer should be increased.

So with the extended implementation of dynamic spawn timers (i.e. on herbs and veins etc) it seems only logical to extend it further to also include blood of heroes. Blood of heroes is currently a 2 h spawn timer with a total of 7 nodes or so and the demand is HUGE since people need it for haste enchant on leg and gloves (libram of rapidity) rogue zg enchant on head and gloves, edge of madness event in zg and probably some other minor stuff too.

Due to the nature of this server's population both in terms of numbers and the globalized character of it (i.e. the server having a high population at all hours, chinese peak times being on euro off-times etc etc) it is impossible to farm these bloods in any way. The only way of actually getting the blood is to camp one spawn for anywhere between 1 min to 2 hours and try to right click it before anyone else, while also having to deal with PvP. Yes, you read that right. First of all one has to stare at one's computer screen for god knows how long literally just doing nothing to just get the timer, and even then chances are small of you actually getting the blood, even when you have timer.

In addition to that, this blood camping creates a lot of toxicity within the community. I've managed to loot 3 out of my 8 bloods that I need and every single time I've been whispered by players who insults me, believeing they are entitled to the spawn. They are of course wrong but still, its not fun having to deal with this and it creates a very bad atmosphere leading to a lot of unnecessary ignores.

Do the reasonable thing and increase the spawn timers to match the currently population of the server. Right now the spawn timer is according to a population 4 or 3 times as low as on this server.
bockhorm
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Blood of heroes and dynamic spawn timers

by Ixl » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:45 pm

Agreed.
Ixl
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Robotron » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:42 pm

I got 3 of these in one day because I stumbled upon one that was actually up and not camped by 3+ Chinese, then proceeded to farm its next two spawns because I was the only one with the timer.

I call this a major major fluke.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Aslan » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:57 am

Its totally doable once you get the spawn timer, I guess in a blizzlike environment it would be quite easy to get hold of these bloods, on this server it takes effort but its not like a huge bottleneck that has to be changed to make the game playable. Would support an increase of spawnrates though.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Glas » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:06 pm

Overtime wrote:https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=3089

https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=3429
Glas
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:31 pm

They should have just given these a 1h respawn, half the timer, to support the larger population. But apparently they like seeing packs of Rogues/Hunters camping these around the clock. You can forget about making any armor that requires this blood because you'll just get ganged and killed by camping groups. If you need it for ZG enchants, then you better start camping for timers and pray you find one that a group doesn't have. When I was getting my bloods, most of them was camped by 3-4 people, who would promptly gang the other faction and take it. Sometimes they'd have other classes helping them out which don't even use the blood for enchants. But usually, it's groups of Rogues/Hunters taking turns on the loot. Getting some of them as a group makes more sense than none of them as a soloer. So my advise is to get someone to farm these with you. You'll get far more blood this way.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by zmandude24 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:54 pm

This +1 so much. That is a strong fire resist chestpiece that I desperately could use as MT of an upcoming guild, but the campers make it insane to get since with that amount of time I can gear up guildies instead of getting ganked by no lifes. I know I could get it if I got people to camp it with me, but again, with the amount of time it would take to beat the no lifes, I could gear up several fresh 60s for MC by tanking 5 mans. I know it's not supposed to be easy to get but I'm pretty sure it was a reasonable option in retail vanilla.
Last edited by zmandude24 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Drain » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:25 am

On retail, you could just run around any time of the day and there would be several bloods just waiting for you. They were not gang camped 24 7 like they are here. On retail, having one jacked off you was rare. Here, it'll happen every spawn. Since there's a set number of spawns and timer, vs an unintended large population, naturally, they should have reduced the timers. I've no idea why they didn't do this right after launch when they saw how big the server was getting. 2x the people, .5x the timers; not a difficult concept, nor would it be difficult to change. I'm talking about going into the code and editing a number on 8 similar objects, simply reducing them by half each. A developer could probably do this in about 10m, and then it be solved forever when the next restart applies the change. I bet even a non programmer could figure out how to do this with access to the server code. You go where "Blood of Heroes" is listed, look for whatever variable it calls a spawn time, and simply reduce the number...

The demons for the epic Hunter quest have the same problem. It takes weeks to do this miserable quest because of our population when on retail, you could just go around and kill all of them right after you picked up the quest with no problem at all. If all the demons were up, and they usually were, you could turn in the quest the same night you got the leaf out of MC. Failing that, you would just come back to check a few times until one was back. There were never crowds of Hunters at spawns like there is here. Here, there is typically 10 Hunters at every Klinfran spawn. How our respectable developers can ignore this for so long, I'll never know. Now they claim to have fixed it but any Hunter trying to do the quest can tell you it's not fixed at all.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Bambam » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:20 pm

Black lotus, blood of heroes, demon spawn for hunter quets, azuregos, kazzak, everything is being camped here :lol:
Bambam Warrior 60, tank
Bambam
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Suggestions