Make a second PvP server.

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Make a second PvP server.

by drfrozen » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:28 pm

Due to the 10k+ amount of players that reaches the server every day nowadays,it has came to such an extreme situation that you need atleast 5 minutes to see the npcs in cities and starting zones..... . So my idea would be a second pvp realm with a fresh start.It is gonna be a lot of hard work,I know,but the game is becoming unplayable with all the chinese everywhere.I have played since the beginning of the server(release day) and i can say that back when we had 7k pop it was just fine,no delay,no lag.And its not just me,a lot of people are up for this idea.
drfrozen
Tester

Re: Make a second PvP server.

by Niko » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:50 pm

No, just force move the chinese or permban.
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Tis » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:08 pm

A new PvP server is badly needed.
Tis
Private
Private

by locario » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:34 pm

Yes, ban chinese ppl, or make another PVP server, with migration option.

Thx.
locario
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Glenzig » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:36 pm

You can't just ban Chinese people. Why do people actually think that is a viable solution?
Glenzig
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Brion » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:16 pm

Glenzig wrote:You can't just ban Chinese people. Why do people actually think that is a viable solution?

It's a free server and the admins have total power, they can do whatever they want. Whether that's the best solution or not, the PVP server is overwhelmed and needs something significant done.
Quyzbuk - Tauren Warrior [PVP]
Linguo - Tauren Druid [PVE]
Brion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kogmawn » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:21 pm

Glenzig wrote:You can't just ban Chinese people. Why do people actually think that is a viable solution?

What is unfortunate is that this was my same thought until I started reading the ban appeal section.
There is a disgustingly disproportionate amount of compromised accounts and gold trafficking coming from one particular area.

A couple of Google searches will show you how many websites are trying to monetize stealing accounts on Nostalrius. The majority of people are here for one common purpose, but crazy outliers like this have to be addressed.
Kogmawn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Glenzig » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:31 pm

No, you don't understand. It's not that I'm saying they can't as in they shouldnt. I'm saying they basically cant. People accessing the game from china are already pretty proficient at using proxy's and VPN's. They need to use them to access most of the internet. The amount of time, staff, and money needed to track the source of the connections just wouldn't be feasible for a non profit project like Nost.
Glenzig
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Niko » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:09 pm

Glenzig wrote:No, you don't understand. It's not that I'm saying they can't as in they shouldnt. I'm saying they basically cant. People accessing the game from china are already pretty proficient at using proxy's and VPN's. They need to use them to access most of the internet. The amount of time, staff, and money needed to track the source of the connections just wouldn't be feasible for a non profit project like Nost.

I will do this absolutely without charge, actually I will even donate to get this position.
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Glenzig » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:15 pm

Niko wrote:
Glenzig wrote:No, you don't understand. It's not that I'm saying they can't as in they shouldnt. I'm saying they basically cant. People accessing the game from china are already pretty proficient at using proxy's and VPN's. They need to use them to access most of the internet. The amount of time, staff, and money needed to track the source of the connections just wouldn't be feasible for a non profit project like Nost.

I will do this absolutely without charge, actually I will even donate to get this position.

Have fun.
Glenzig
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Suggestions