Make a second PvP server.

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Make a second PvP server.

by Niko » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:16 pm

Glenzig wrote:
Niko wrote:
Glenzig wrote:No, you don't understand. It's not that I'm saying they can't as in they shouldnt. I'm saying they basically cant. People accessing the game from china are already pretty proficient at using proxy's and VPN's. They need to use them to access most of the internet. The amount of time, staff, and money needed to track the source of the connections just wouldn't be feasible for a non profit project like Nost.

I will do this absolutely without charge, actually I will even donate to get this position.

Have fun.

Confident knowing would help making this realm a better place not only for myself, but also my friends and guildies, I know I would have not only fun but would feel alot more confident about Nostalrius remaining the better of all private projects out there.
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by hattemager » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:55 pm

Too many people on the server. Lagging :(
hattemager
Tester

by Konwizzle » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:00 pm

Since the Nost devs are silent on this whole debate, why don't we start sending people to [the other Vanilla 1.12 server that shall not be named]?

They're under-populated and we're over-populated. Seems like it'd be good for both of us...
Konwizzle
Grunt
Grunt

by Maniakpyro » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:53 pm

yep agreed this game is about seconds or "miniseconds" and if something lagg only for 0.5sec.. all is gone
i love duels vs enha shams when is 10yards from me and sec. after he staying in my body and i am dead :/
Maniakpyro
Tester

by Levinas » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:04 pm

Konwizzle wrote:Since the Nost devs are silent on this whole debate, why don't we start sending people to [the other Vanilla 1.12 server that shall not be named]?

They're under-populated and we're over-populated. Seems like it'd be good for both of us...

But how do you convince people to go there?

Established players have their 60s here that they would lose and new players risk ending up on a dead realm.

Seems like this could only work if a very large player base were to go there at once.

*cough Chinese cough*
Greatness, at any cost.
Levinas
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Konwizzle » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:09 pm

Levinas wrote:
Konwizzle wrote:Since the Nost devs are silent on this whole debate, why don't we start sending people to [the other Vanilla 1.12 server that shall not be named]?

But how do you convince people to go there?

Established players have their 60s here that they would lose and new players risk ending up on a dead realm.

Seems like this could only work if a very large player base were to go there at once.

*cough Chinese cough*

Just lock new accounts out from the PvP server and tell people to either roll on the PvE one or go to another Vanilla server if they want PvP.

People don't necessarily need to leave, it just needs to stop growing. I know a lot of people enjoy the high pop, but at a certain point it stops being a Blizzlike experience and I think Nost is already pretty far beyond that.
Konwizzle
Grunt
Grunt

by Crazymachine » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:20 pm

Why do the devs team never answer our treads ?
They use a lot of censure but never talk about what they are planning to do, we want to know !!^^

May your blade never dull.
Crazymachine
Private
Private

by vel19 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:42 pm

Crazymachine wrote:Why do the devs team never answer our treads ?
They use a lot of censure but never talk about what they are planning to do, we want to know !!^^

More than likely they are trying to sweep this shit under the rug and ignore it long enough for it to not be a problem anymore. If that is the case nost has just a few weeks left before it implodes.
vel19
Grunt
Grunt

by PeaceHammer » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:47 pm

vel19 wrote:
Crazymachine wrote:Why do the devs team never answer our treads ?

More than likely they are trying to sweep this shit under the rug and ignore it long enough for it to not be a problem anymore. If that is the case nost has just a few weeks left before it implodes.

Maybe they have something up their sleeves. I hope there is some sort of plan that they will soon execute. Because if the PvP server pop continues to grow... eventually the damn thing is gonna explode! :o
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Launchd » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:54 pm

Some of these responses are just plain ignorant or lack some common sense.

While the thought of another server is likely a fantastic one to most, the cost factor is something that is surely a huge brick wall for them. They are not sourcing income from anything other than donations.. How much could they possibly be receiving this way? From what I understand, a MAJORITY of their staff are volunteers. They've done a great job so far with this project - don't expect them to just let it all fall to shit. Have some faith!
Launchd
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions