Make a second PvP server.

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Make a second PvP server.

by Crazymachine » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:11 am

Launchd wrote:Some of these responses are just plain ignorant or lack some common sense.

While the thought of another server is likely a fantastic one to most, the cost factor is something that is surely a huge brick wall for them. They are not sourcing income from anything other than donations.. How much could they possibly be receiving this way? From what I understand, a MAJORITY of their staff are volunteers. They've done a great job so far with this project - don't expect them to

Yes this server is fantastic there is truth in what u say, however thats totally irrelevant, i was asking why they never answer our tread, and AFAIK it dont cost money to say : "No we lack of money" or "Yes we are planning this" or "We dont give a fuck we are tired" i would understand all of this.

Because im still making donation and dont even now if it help them or not because they dont communicate.
Im starting to feel the same thing than Vel19 and it despair me : / .

May your blade never dull !
Crazymachine
Private
Private

by Maraudon » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:35 am

Realistically, as the server grows in population some sort of solution would have to be in place. I've read the thread separating the Asian players from the server but there's really no polite professional way to do that. Gold farmers will stay in whatever place is most profitable, so no avoiding that. I believe this is the better solution, give people the option to move their characters. I hate grouping up with people who talk with blank spaces as well, but it can't really be helped.
As an Australian player with no chance of having good MS regardless, having the lag worsened really destroys the gameplay.
Maraudon
Tester

by Mopar » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:07 am

They could make a 2nd PvP server at the same patch level, and just transfer anyone with a Chinese client. Then allow Chinese as the main language in the chat channels.

They'd need a chinese-speaking GM of course.
The pizza level in my bloodstream is dangerously low.
Mopar
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guirssane » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:17 am

+ for this, it's unplayable atm
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Niko » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:17 am

make a pvp server
that allows no china
and I will move there
and i promise I will remove myself from ever posting on forums again
ok?
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Koobkrow » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:04 am

Hi Nostal community!

I'm french, sorry for bad english.

I wanna start playing in nostal but there's some problem.
-If I wanna play in decent condition I have to play on PVE server. (by reading the forum) due to massive population and ganking.
-But I don't wanna play wow vanilla without world pvp!

If a second pvp server open, I will play on it at release day for sure!

btw, thanks nostalDevTeam! You're doing an amazing job!
Koobkrow
Tester

by Mariehu » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:19 am

05-08 Servertime:
Im willing to testify to seeing that over 75% of horde players online at this hour in Orgrimmar is from China or are in a Chinese guild.

Inside auction house there's hundreds of them ranging in levels and I'm willing to bet that over 95% are Asian players. At least their names/guildnames are enough evidence for me to prove such.

95%+ of the Alliance I see at this hour out in the world is also Chinese or from a Chinese guild. (<Friends> <light hope> <The Twilight> <BL wu gan bu shi ren> <The Alliance Pub>)

Any place where 10gold or more can be gathered in an hours time is heavily camped, you cannot go there and expect to earn anything, because they have 2-3players at every farming spot in the whole of Azeroth. You cannot herb in EPL anymore either, it's a chinese farmzone as of now. They usually dont even bother levling to 60 on their herbalists and just run around there picking flowers / camping black lotus spawns in stealth (usually all of them at every spawn is from the same guild or come and help eachother when a black lotus spawn is threatened by a westerner)

When did the official language of this server change into Chinese? I didnt sign up to start playing on a server where English was a minority language, I'm really considering stopping my play here completely due to the overfloodedness of the lagging chinese players. I do not have any prejudices about Chinese people in general, I just do not like that they generally do not speak any English what so ever and that they are lagging so hard that it destroys my gameplay. It's not fun seeing your instant casts take 3-4sec to channel on a enemy player target which is meleeing you from 30 yards away, just because he's playing from Asia.

This server is dieing, or at least I belive it's decreasing heavily in quality. If you check out any American/European stream of Nostalrius, you're gonna see maximum 50-100 people watching the stream. Chinese streamers have up to tens of thousands of viewers while playing Nostalrius, and more and more are starting characters here every day. It's going to be so that within 2 months from now, the Chinese community will have passed the European/American community in size. This is nothing that I am "fearing" or guessing, this exactly is what is going to happen if y'all don't do something about this and I really do mean about now.
Mariehu
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Levinas » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:46 am

You guys keep clamoring for a new PvP server. Why not try out one of Nostalrius' competitors?

I made a character on theunderpopulated K server and was extremely impressed with the scripting and the community was beyond helpful (one guy sent me 1g, another 2g and a third rode all the way from Orgrimmar to Razor Hill to give me a Malachite).

If the Nostalrius PvP experience is this bad, why not look elsewhere instead of hoping for something that might not happen for months or even at all?
Greatness, at any cost.
Levinas
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Konwizzle » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:45 pm

Mariehu wrote:It's going to be so that within 2 months from now, the Chinese community will have passed the European/American community in size. This is nothing that I am "fearing" or guessing, this exactly is what is going to happen if y'all don't do something about this and I really do mean about now.

The Chinese community is already bigger than the NA community, according to the Nost developer AMA on Reddit 4 weeks ago.
Konwizzle
Grunt
Grunt

by Kruglife » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:58 pm

A fresh pvp server would be pretty fantastic, I rolled onto the pve server to get a fresh start and the pvp is non-existant: For the server's duration, games have been empty or one sided while the premade scene has been destroyed by design (premade vs premade que system doesn't work when one side doesn't premade) Not to mention this past AB weekend, the horde weren't queing for Arathi Basin so, majority of battlegrounds that popped were warsong. Personally, I wouldn't play on a pvp server that I would have to catch up on and, I think it is a little ridiculous to think that you can just move an entire population / group of players without their consent; a new server would become populated naturally, no need to force people off.
Kruglife
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions