Make a second PvP server.

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Make a second PvP server.

by Niko » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:11 am

Yeah, if it wouldn't been for me convincing my irl friends to have level and joined my raiding guild I would definitely have rerolled realms a long time ago. The situation right now is manageable, but it'll get out of hand in the upcoming months as it has already escalated severely the past month.
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by PeaceHammer » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:36 am

Niko wrote:Yeah, if it wouldn't been for me convincing my irl friends to have level and joined my raiding guild I would definitely have rerolled realms a long time ago. The situation right now is manageable, but it'll get out of hand in the upcoming months as it has already escalated severely the past month.

I'm hoping Nost already has a plan that they will soon put into action. I can't imagine them letting the population get too much higher.
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Niko » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:38 am

PeaceHammer wrote:
Niko wrote:Yeah, if it wouldn't been for me convincing my irl friends to have level and joined my raiding guild I would definitely have rerolled realms a long time ago. The situation right now is manageable, but it'll get out of hand in the upcoming months as it has already escalated severely the past month.

I'm hoping Nost already has a plan that they will soon put into action. I can't imagine them letting the population get too much higher.

GMs did say so, but cannot reveal what just yet.
I'am nothing but faithful, they've done everything perfectly thus far.
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Hammersplat » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:45 am

Mopar wrote:They could make a 2nd PvP server at the same patch level, and just transfer anyone with a Chinese client. Then allow Chinese as the main language in the chat channels.

They'd need a chinese-speaking GM of course.

I think this would be nice for the chinese population.

Or they just need to stop new accounts being made and make new ppl go to the PVE server.
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Koobkrow » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:03 pm

Yop

totally agree with a new pvp server!

I'll roll on it at its release :)
Koobkrow
Tester

by BeastNips » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:12 am

Surely if this was going to happen there would be some move toward it by now? Hundreds of people have suggested a donation campaign to fund another server but the idea seems to have fallen on deaf ears. It suggests that for whatever reason the Nost devs are happy to have this amount of players on their server; it has been suggested they profit from the server traffic somehow but I don't know if there is any truth in that or how that would work. What's becoming clear is that for whatever reason they are fine with the server traffic being what it is; does anyone really believe that upgrading the hardware can fix the lag problem? Even if that's the case, how can you properly level/gather etc on a server with 12/13k characters?

Nost needs to seriously consider off-loading some of its traffic to other server that are in need of greater populations. Nost sucks up the vast majority of players seeking a vanilla experience which leads to overpopulation on Nost and under-population on other server (some of which offer as blizzlike of an experience).
BeastNips
Private
Private

by Etecc » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:57 am

Nost shouldnt do the same mistake as blizzard and ignore the community and its impact on the game and servers. When the people that made this server big and love it leave they have a server filled with ignorant people, chinese that sell their accounts to each other and people that dont talk. Just like retail :>

and I have nothing against chinese, its just that they wont or cant communicate. That makes it very hard to appreciate their company and that is just natural.
Etecc
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Zlorf » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:33 pm

There are 8000-9000 to 12000-13000 people online which make the game pretty much unplayable. Sure if you have lvl 60 character or so it is probably fine (i don't have lvl 60 character), but for low lvls like me (2 characters 25 lvl horde and alliance) i cant kill monsters or complete objectives because there are so many people online, sometimes it takes like 1 hour (bad luck) minutes to kill 15 monsters , or if i kill them as they spawn (good luck) and got all of them, then somebody else has to wait ( if you are in a group you can save some time, but there could be 2 groups, or 2 groups and a random person etc. ).....
You can leave this PVP realm uncapped, but it's a good idea to create another one with cap of 5000-6000. I'm pretty sure that there are at least 1000 (probably more) people worldwide left Nostalrius because of your population and another 2000-3000 will just abandon their lvl 20 characters and join the new realm.
Zlorf
Tester

by Affax » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:22 pm

If you got the resources and development skills.

Make 2-3 new PvP servers, the exact same patch/scripts to which anyone can migrate to.
-Nostalrius PvP (Nordic/Western)
-Nostalrius PvP (Eastern)
-Nostalrius PvP (NA)

Then make a cross realm BG queue/instance system. If possible cross realm GM system.

If there would be three servers, at peak time there would be in a perfect setting 3-4k on each realm.
Affax
Tester

by reihen » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:44 am

A new PVP server is necessary.
reihen
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions