Cross-faction mailing

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Cross-faction mailing

by Tinkertown » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:09 am

I suggest that Nostalrius allow mailing of gold and items cross faction.

It isn't Blizzlike. I know.

I'm suggesting this because of the recurring issue of so-called neutral AH bots. While there undoubtedly are players out there who break the rules by running bots to stay online and/or having multiple characters online, the act of neutral AH sniping in and of itself, be it via addon or manual dexterity, shouldn't be considered against the rules even if the morality of it can be questioned.

While I do think that the GM team is generally on board with the concept that addons that don't abuse bugs, spam chat, advertise gold or break the ToS in some other capacity is fine, this particular issue is a constant source of pressure on the GMs to police use of the API. Since we are stuck with the 1.12.1 API and disallowing certain actions if done via addon but not if done without would be both arbitrary and absurd, I think that the least bad of the available options is to give the would be users of the neutral AH for what is essentially a mailing service a better alternative.

I see the current situation as a source of frustration for many players; a waste of time for the GM team; a potential source for false positive permanent bans of non-botters; and a state of affairs that might eventually provoke really bad rules regarding the use of the API. As such I think this is one of those cases where 10 years later leaving it Blizzlike is actually a mistake. A pragmatic fix is in order.
Tinkertown
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Cross-faction mailing

by Ziard » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:39 am

I agree. Cross-faction mailing is a must in a private server.
Ziard
Tester

by Shadowx93ca » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:16 am

I really don't think this is a great idea - Let's not forget that the Neutral AH takes a significant cut of the gold transfer when an item is bought, much more (relatively) to the faction's own auction houses.

You can't do this with cross faction mail, and that's going to be what'll tears this idea in two.
Shadowx93ca
Grunt
Grunt

by Fridolin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:20 am

Ziard wrote:I agree. Cross-faction mailing is a must in a private server.

Why is this a must ?
When you wanna transfer your gold/items you have to use the global auction house and pay the tax.

@Tinkertown
All you say was the same problem on retail in vanilla. So why? Blizzlike means Blizzlike and not ponywonderland.

Greetings,
Fridolin
Nostalrius PvP
Alliance Mage :)

Developing an AddonManagementTool for Vanilla and TBC Addons!
Fridolin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Suggestions