Fixing Windfury (please read)

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Fixing Windfury (please read)

by djdavy » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:44 pm

Nano wrote:Does this bug impact just the shaman's personal weapon enchantment or the totem or both?

Hey Nano!

As a 42 Shaman I Support this thread. Both Windfury Weapon and Windfury Totem are bug. I noticed that in the combat log the extra attacks are not considered "Windfury attack" but only as normal attacks, kinda like an Ironfoe proc. This makes sense why Windfury animation is broken and also not granting the Attack power for those extra attacks.

I wanted to add that During TBC Windfury was change to due to an old code, if people notice during tbc and up Wnidfury attacks where Skill Damage(Yellow damage) and not White damage like in Vanilla.
Alixzander - Tauren Shaman
djdavy
Private
Private

by Totemi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:12 am

activate wrote:Opened a ticket and spoke with a GM about this issue. He pretty much tried to play it off like it worked and told me something along the lines of "let me refer you to our website for an answer to this issue". What does that even mean?! Every damn post on the shaman class forums is about how WF is broken. Do they not even read these posts?? Or even worse just blatantly ignoring us? It was pretty disappointing and disheartening to say the least. I really hope the devs can find time to fix this issue. It's crazy that it is broken in the first place. End rant.

That is unfortunate to hear, but keep in mind the GM and dev team are separate entities. So it's evident you spoke with a GM who wasn't in the loop and uneducated on how windfury is supposed to work. The devs certainly know that windfury is broken, and has known since the status of a ticket on the bugtracker got changed to confirmed (seen here https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=1242 ) spanning back 9 months ago.

On a side note, aimed towards other posts as well, this thread was created to bring up the windfury bug in a logical manner while politely reinforcing the high detrimental effect it has on the vanilla shaman experience. Please keep dev bashing to an absolute minimum because realistically 99% of Nost is blizzlike and works perfectly, which is a testament as the Nost team seems relatively small. With enough community support, hopefully we'll see an expedited resolution for windfury.

I appreciate the high support we've already continued to muster and am sure it will continue to increase. Please bump the thread showing additional support and / or comment on something you may think is useful in getting this fixed.
Totemi
Private
Private

by Derkz » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:49 am

Giving this thread a quick little bump as I feel it still deserves attention as we've garnered a decent amount of people asking for this fix
Derkz
Grunt
Grunt

by goondicker » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:59 pm

Is anyone able to give some insight on why this is not a simple issue to fix? Many of us don't understand the difficulties that come with server development.
goondicker
Tester

by Polroy » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:10 am

I'm a dwarf priest and even I support that windfury gets fixed.
What possible reason do the devs have for not wanting to fix it?
Polroy
Tester

by Thatoneguy » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:36 pm

Windfury Weapon works perfectly on the TBC test realm. Both the animation and applied AP bonus work. If the code is somehow transferable then it might be possible to copy the code from the TBC test realm.

The TBC test realm might give insight on how Windfury Weapon should be.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by def1nity » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:04 pm

I looked up the MangOS repository on github and found these 4 devs who seem to be active in the MangOS ZERO (Vanilla) version of the platform, maybe one of them can assist us(our devs) with useful info or at least some insight on why this is happening - https://github.com/orgs/mangoszero/people

Additionally, I have a strange feeling this is not an actual BUG but is actually caused by the high population and the lag on the server. :roll:

These are my 2 cents... /discuss
def1nity
Tester

by Energizer. » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:57 pm

@ above post, could be true, but happens on PvE server/not laggy times as well.

Please fix + animation too! whirlwinds are fun
Energizer.
Tester

by cork113 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:35 pm

I support this! I know the Devs have their hands full (especially with so many d/c & login issues), but this seriously hinders the enhancement spec. I've been playing playing warlock on retail from the start of TBC through WoD as my only toon. I could never get into another class/spec past level 20ish. Well I stopped playing WoD(retail) because it got boring... I was surfing youtube & ran into an old vanilla wow video of an enhancement shaman showing off the windfury weapon proc. I was hooked!!! I found Nost to start my own enhancement shaman & I'm now level 41 o: I noticed the windfury proc being pretty underwhelming, but figured that was due to gear/level. Recently I was surfing the Nost forums & ran into a post about the windfury weapon buff bug. & after further investigating, learned that it has been bugged for over 9 months!! Seems like it's back to the warlock life... /:
cork113
Tester

by Shamanistic » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:06 am

I was just on my Shaman grinding for exp on some scorpions in Durotar when I saw an awesome level 35 enhancement Shaman with a two-handed mace, to whom I whispered, "so how are you enjoying enhancement?" He was so passionate about the class, and told me about the bug in such detail, warning me that it's been a while with no update to whether or not it's being looked into. I was devastated, but he said not to lose hope, and that I should go to the forums to support the others that want to see this fixed like him. Thanks to that, I'm going to level into enhancement anyway.

Now I completely understand that there are other priorities that need to be focused on, especially with the recent population spikes and what have you, but this has been an issue for about nine months. I think I speak for everyone when I say that that Windfury AP is essential to the core mechanics enhancement shamans, and I would like to believe that this should be of higher priority, especially for a dev team that sought to make this server something truly special. Now we're not asking for a insta-fix or anything like that; we just want you to let us know that you are at least addressing the issue.
Shamanistic
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions