Fixing Windfury (please read)

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Fixing Windfury (please read)

by Shinigamy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:26 am

Shadirrasda wrote:... and finding out it's broken has killed me enthusiasm to keep on playing.

Hey, hey! Don't be upset about it! You can still play your enhancement shaman! I mean, I play in the PvP server of Nostalrius, and I still find it fun to play. It doesn't affect your game at low levels. But yeah, when you get to level 60 ... you miss a lot of DPS! I get that.

And also: you are trying to play as an enhancement shaman in the PvE server? Well my friend, sorry to disappoint you but, umh, enh shammys are just not that good for raiding. They make burst damage and that means high amounts of damage in a very short period of time! Doing burst damage normally causes the player to run out of mana much faster. In PvE, it also gives the opportunity to draw aggro, making it inefficient and even dangerous as a means of beating bosses in most cases. So you won't deal constant damage and won't be accepted. Believe me! So, it'll be kinda hard there for an enh shammy like yourself. You'll be forced to switch to heal, believe me... even if they fix that (the WF proc bugg), you'll be forced.

Cheers.
Shinigamy
Grunt
Grunt

by Shadirrasda » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:09 am

Shinigamy wrote:You'll be forced to switch to heal, believe me... even if they fix that (the WF proc bugg), you'll be forced.

Cheers.

Just checking , but does being on the PVE server not allow me to do WSG? AB? AV? Everyone seems to assume that rolling on the PVE server means you only care about raiding? i just didn't care for having 1second+ delay from the pvp server when i played there for a bit...
Shadirrasda
Tester

by cuttrogue » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:03 pm

I'm a new guy on this server and at first I was so enthusiatic about it learning there is a huge number of players here and that it's supposedly the best Blizz-like vanilla server out there in terms of working mechanics, scripts, etc. I'm not even a shaman, I'm leveling a mage for about a week now, but I keep seeing more and more broken essential things that the Nost dev team completely ignore, give no comment about fixing or even acknowledging it. For example Windfury bug has been around for more than 9 months already with no official comment about fixing it, or the raid target icons that just disappear completely as soon as you kill the first marked mob.

Honestly, seeing the dev team completely ignore game-breaking bugs like these for MONTHS truly killed my enthusiasm to stay on this server. I just can't wrap my head around why such crucial bugs are not being fixed and even worked on for almost a YEAR.
cuttrogue
Tester

by Pottu » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:08 pm

Because the solution isn't simple and because there are always many more issues to solve and a limited developer time to fix them. Please do not assume that the WF bug - or any other bug - exists in a vacuum and the developers are laughing over a pint about it. They do not. Just the recent gold seller and hacking wave cost us over a week of developer time. They are also working on the clustering issue and on any server crash issues that can pop up at any time.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by lockpower » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:28 pm

Pottu, thank you for saying something acknowledging the issue. Simply knowing that it is on the radar is huge. I don't play a shaman but it is great to see an open line of communication regarding bugs like this.

Could I suggest that the devs have a post which lists the known major bugs (not things like NPC's hair is wrong color.) which will or will be worked on. Once again, simply knowing that the developers are aware of the issues will put the community at ease.

I'd also like to thank the devs for all of the work they have and continue to put into this server. Despite the bugs, it is honestly THE BEST private server I have ever played on. Keep up the great work team!!!
lockpower
Grunt
Grunt

by Pottu » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:38 pm

There is a reason why the thread is still open. Same goes to the Blade Flurry one.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by packersville » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:59 pm

Have any of you that keep complaining about the Team not paying attention to your bug that just maybe they are busy or have high priority issues to fix that you very well may not know of?

This Team did not spend years putting together this amazing experience and then suddenly want to alienate their users to just see it die.

Please stop being so close minded.
packersville
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Shadirrasda » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:54 pm

packersville wrote:Have any of you that keep complaining about the Team not paying attention to your bug that just maybe they are busy or have high priority issues to fix that you very well may not know of?

This Team did not spend years putting together this amazing experience and then suddenly want to alienate their users to just see it die.

On the other side of the equation , they have what , like 100k active users almost? if they show their findings and ask the community , i'm pretty sure you'd find some knowledgeable people willing to assist squashing some of these bugs , but instead it's near complete radio silence (up until pottu's posts today ,which are awesome to see).

If it's low priority? that's understandable , but it would be nice to have some confirmation/public "known bugs" tracker.
Shadirrasda
Tester

by Earthpacu » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:41 pm

packersville wrote:Have any of you that keep complaining about the Team not paying attention to your bug that just maybe they are busy or have high priority issues to fix that you very well may not know of?

Lol, you say "your bug" like it's the creation of the shaman' on the nost forums. It's a bug that effects the entire game population. You see barely any Ench shaman at 60 compared to Vanilla? This happens to be why!

The reason so many people are angry is because the bug completely invalidates a spec in vanilla that was already struggling to be viable to begin with. The only other spec that happens to be in the same boat are ret pally's (though they apparently have SotC bug to level out the negative bugs) and it feels like the reason these bugs have been around for so long is because they aren't core raid specs.

9 months is a very long time so I doubt the dev team have had 9-month long hidden issues that we haven't know about.
Earthpacu
Tester

by Dr. Doom » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:43 pm

If you get angry, be sure you can do something about it.
Otherwise, getting angry is just a waste of energy and a stupid thing to do.

In this particular case, no matter how much outrage or indignation you write down, it won't make a fix for windfury come any sooner. If you can kidnap developers and have them fix it under the threat they can't eat until they do, then it changes something.

Or maybe after writing down all the anger, you have a cathartic moment, stop caring about the game altogether and try a new hobby. That works too.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions