Fixing Windfury (please read)

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Fixing Windfury (please read)

by Toxicshock » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:34 pm

I'd like to add to this post, and possibly bump it back into the spot light.

Currently, the enhance shaman spec is trash when it comes to pve..... and maybe even pvp. For those of you that remember enhance on retail from open beta (2004) to pre-bc release, you can agree with this statement. I'm having a hard time believing that Nostalrius is asking players to support the servers when a large population of players, favorite class, has broken mechanics. Hell, I will even go so far as to say on the pve server the class spec is unplayable, as most of the mobs and even player character spells don't interupt when hit by earth shock.
Windfury imbue is essential to the enhance shaman. As an enhance shaman you can't even get top tier without taking a talent that buffs windfury attack power proc. Windfury has two major issues that I see with it currently. First, the ap bonus isn't applied over the remaining attacks (We all know this),and second the procs seem to dry up. I've tried several different weapon speeds (1h/2h) etc. At a certain point the procs just stop for extended amount of time. I know that late vanilla blizz had added an internal cd to windfury to keep the procs from chaining 1 right after the other. It just seems like this cd is causing an occasional issue where the buff has to be reset by recasting the imbue.
Being on the pve server I have to say these bugs have made Raiding as enhancement next to impossible due to the talents that buff windfury totem being usless and windfury just being unreliable and not as hard hitting for the shaman himself in general.
I beg that the nost dev team take a look at this imbue and figure out a way to make it viable in a blizzlike sense. This server is becoming player funded, and to see something this big for one class being ignored is heartbreaking. Yes I say ignored due to lack of green posts and having seen the bug tracker from 9 months ago with no results.
Toxicshock
Grunt
Grunt

by activate » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:09 pm

really unfortunate they seem not to care at all to fix the issue :(
activate
Tester

by kroven009 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:59 pm

activate wrote:really unfortunate they seem not to care at all to fix the issue :(

Yeah all I would like is some sort of reply. It's better to have them say something like "we disabled it" or some crap than have no acknowledgment at all. Kind of driving me nuts because I really want to play my shaman. :(
kroven009
Tester

by borisy » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:12 am

kroven009 wrote:
activate wrote:really unfortunate they seem not to care at all to fix the issue :(

Yeah all I would like is some sort of reply. It's better to have them say something like "we disabled it" or some crap than have no acknowledgment at all. Kind of driving me nuts because I really want to play my shaman. :(

It would be nice if the dev team actually replied to this thread. :?
borisy
Tester

by Rafale » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:04 am

As elemental shaman, i support this thread. We need more posts about bugs resolving.
Rafale
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ziru » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:47 pm

Bumping this thread.

The reason I started Nos was because I've always wanted to do vanilla melee shaman PvP and this bug hit really hard and pretty much made me stop playing my shaman. It seems like a huge problem that needs a fix asap, I do not understand why it is being ignored like this.
Ziru
Tester

by goondicker » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:21 am

I was just sitting in trade chat and it appears that the vast majority of the population (even the shaman population) don't know that this ability is broken here. I've even had some level 60s try to argue with me about it.

Please spread the word in-game as well. This needs to be realized by more players before it can be fixed.
goondicker
Tester

by Arixtra » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:27 pm

Either for leveling or for endgame PVP/PVE Windfury is one of the most important abilities of the enhancement shaman. In additiom to that, and also as a matter of balanace please Nostalrius respond to this threat, and fix the bug! ;-)
Arixtra
Tester

by Tamanous » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:40 pm

Full support. This is a keynote ability for the class and ruins one entire spec. Upon hearing this many shamans reroll and this hurts the Horde class mix and popularity which is important on the PVE server where their pop is far lower than alliance who already get their inherent raid progression benefits.
Tamanous
Grunt
Grunt

by Dr. Doom » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:12 pm

Can confirm this bug. The extra 2 swings for the same amount of your regular AP, after that you get an AP increase that you can see in your character tab that fades away 1-2 secs later; and of course, here's not grey wind animation.

At the moment it seems like the most pressing Shaman bug, in fact I've yet to find other bugs (level 32 only mind you) affecting the class; thus a fix here would put shamans in a pretty good spot, with only secondary issues left.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions