FIX BLADE FLURRY

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: FIX BLADE FLURRY

by Pottu » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:30 am

Let's keep the discussion to the topic of Blade Furry and not veer off the tracks.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Aslan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:41 am

Well... GMs recognised the bug, are aware of the severe dps gimp for every valid pve rogue because of all the short cleave encounters.. Looking forward for a fix by next christmas, this threat can be flooded with 2/3-of-dps-but-we-have-lay-hands-on pallies, our job is done :).

Now fix windfury and nef head too and we are golden!
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Slicy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:16 am

Holy shock go hijack some other threads Theloras with your paladins issues for once. Is this thread about paladins ? No, so go spread your requests, statements and videos elsewhere please thanks.
And I'm not your 'bro'.

"AFAIK Blade Flurry is supposed to deal the exact same damage to the second target as you dealt to the first target (unless it's immune because of Banish or something)."

Not really (even though it would be an easy way to "fix" it, yet not really a proper one as ppl would start complaining that melting a war by cleaving it from attacking a clothie isn't intended, which is true past a certain patch).
It doesn't work as a simple copy/paste of initial damage dealt. It takes armor amounts into account.
If you're cleaving 2 mobs with different levels/different amounts of armor, the damage dealt should be different.

Right now it's just utter garbage as BF dmg is mitigated by initial target's armor AND by cleaved target's armor.
So it's pretty much like the cleaved mob had twice his actual amount of armor (assuming you're cleaving mobs of the same type/lvl like Molten Giants for instance).
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Youfie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:07 pm

Slicy wrote:Holy shock go hijack some other threads Theloras with your paladins issues for once. Is this thread about paladins ? No, so go spread your requests, statements and videos elsewhere please thanks.
And I'm not your 'bro'.

"AFAIK Blade Flurry is supposed to deal the exact same damage to the second target as you dealt to the first target (unless it's immune because of Banish or something)."

Not really (even though it would be an easy way to "fix" it, yet not really a proper one as ppl would start complaining that melting a war by cleaving it from attacking a clothie isn't intended, which is true past a certain patch).
It doesn't work as a simple copy/paste of initial damage dealt. It takes armor amounts into account.
If you're cleaving 2 mobs with different levels/different amounts of armor, the damage dealt should be different.

Right now it's just utter garbage as BF dmg is mitigated by initial target's armor AND by cleaved target's armor.
So it's pretty much like the cleaved mob had twice his actual amount of armor (assuming you're cleaving mobs of the same type/lvl like Molten Giants for instance).

Yes, of course, BF should take armor into account on both target, and not just replicate damage, i.e. it should do the exact same damage only if both targets have the exact same amount of armor. As you said it wasn't the case during early / mid (? ; too lazy to look up the patch) vanilla and you could cleave a warrior as if he was a clothe if he was standing near one and you had BF activated.

I think you misinterpreted what Robotron said. We were discussing the damage modifiers affecting Blade Flurry itself, and as far as I understood it in this context, he basically said BF should replicate damage "before armor", i.e. shouldn't be affected by damage modifiers :).

Long story short : a small bug is currently slightly increasing Blade Flurry damage by 2% in most case, a bit more in some specific and rare PvP situations (BG Berzerker), and another one is gimping BF DPS like crazy, by 20-50% depending on targets :D.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Dr. Doom » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:27 am

Theloras wrote:You guys come into my threads and spew your crap - so if you can't take the heat with me coming into your threads and providing you with much needed context to your QQ problems, then perhaps you should go outside more.

Besides, Rogues having one bug affecting you is laughable compared to the sheer number of bugs that we have to try and work around:

Theo, you're a grown man, act like one.

Nobody in this thread is going to your retri bugs thread to talk about blade flurry, or sweeping strikes, or flurry, or windfury, or any other class bugs. That, is your thread, and if it is important for you, keep it updated. This one serves another purpose.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Robotron » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:03 pm

Youfie wrote:We were discussing the damage modifiers affecting Blade Flurry itself, and as far as I understood it in this context, he basically said BF should replicate damage "before armor", i.e. shouldn't be affected by damage modifiers :).

I meant only on the secondary target. If I deal 500 damage to something (this number is what I see after I make the attack, i.e. after armour calculations are done), BF should hit the secondary target for 500.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Youfie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:20 pm

Robotron wrote:
Youfie wrote:We were discussing the damage modifiers affecting Blade Flurry itself, and as far as I understood it in this context, he basically said BF should replicate damage "before armor", i.e. shouldn't be affected by damage modifiers :).

I meant only on the secondary target. If I deal 500 damage to something (this number is what I see after I make the attack, i.e. after armour calculations are done), BF should hit the secondary target for 500.

Well, in that case I agree with you but ONY if the secondary target has the same armor than the first one. Otherwise, your BF could hit for more, or for less. The situation you describe is how it used to work in early vanilla, before BF was changed.
You could Ambush for, say, 2k a critter, and your BF would hit for the same amount the T2 Tank standing right next to it :lol:.

What I was pointing out is that BF shouldn't (in theory, no 100% proof atm), hit for MORE than what you hit your first target if the secondary target as the same armor.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Dr. Doom » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:27 pm

Youfie wrote:
Robotron wrote:

Well, in that case I agree with you but ONY if the secondary target has the same armor than the first one. Otherwise, your BF could hit for more, or for less. The situation you describe is how it used to work in early vanilla, before BF was changed.
You could Ambush for, say, 2k a critter, and your BF would hit for the same amount the T2 Tank standing right next to it :lol:.

What I was pointing out is that BF shouldn't (in theory, no 100% proof atm), hit for MORE than what you hit your first target if the secondary target as the same armor.

Pretty much, that's hoow Blade Flurry should work:

You swing at your target.

- Your base damage, mix of base stats, talents, gear and RNG on crit is applied on your main target. Target A's armor, defense, dodge, parry and block chance (if they're facing you) mitigates the incoming damage, or avoids it, and a result is obtained.

If Blade Flurry is activated and there's someone next to the other target:

- Your base damage, mix of base stats, talents, gear and RNG on crit is applied on the secondary target. The secondary target's armor, defense, dodge, parry and block chance (if they're facing you) mitigates the incoming damage, or avoids it, and a result (100% independent on the main target result) is obtained.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Robotron » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:36 pm

This might be unrelated due to the time it occurred, but it disputes the above theory: In Cataclysm, there was a fight called Halfus Wyrmbreaker. When you killed adds, Halfus would take increased damage (50% or 100% per add killed). You would attack Halfus, activate Blade Flurry, deal double/triple damage to him, and your Blade Flurry would also deal double/triple damage to any remaining adds. If you cleaved off the adds, only Halfus would take the increased damage.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Theloras » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:27 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:
Nobody in this thread is going to your retri bugs thread.

orly?
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions