The Issues regarding "Runed Arcanite Rod"

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

The Issues regarding "Runed Arcanite Rod"

by StillOutOfMind » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:56 pm

Hey there,

as the enchanters here probably already know, at the moment it is litterally impossible to get the Recipe for "Runed Arcanite Rod" in any (decent...) way, other than paying the skyrocketing prices in Auction House. I'm writing this post not because I feel I'm missing out on an opportunity to gain some goldz, I just desperately want to get this damn rod for my lvl 300 Enchanting.

This issue is actually a combination of several issues, which should be adressed by the administration team:

1.: The Campers at the Vendor.

It is totally expectable that vendors for important "limited supply" recipes are getting camped. So I wasn't too suprised that this is the case, too, for Lorelae Winterspring in Moonglade - the vendor of the "Runed Arcanite Rod" recipe. I didn't even mind camping the vendor myself for several hours, constantly opening the vendor's window in hope of being faster than the people surrounding me.
The VERY SUSPICIOUS thing here: I actually managed to find a timeslot, where I was at the vendor almost by myself. The only other toon there was a Level 10 Horde Druid ("Moodudu") who was flagged afk. The odd thing: He never logged off, even though sitting there seemingly afk for several hours. So he must have been doin SOMETHING meanwhile, in order to not get auto-logged-out.

As I was trying to get this recipe for several hours, with only him being there (constantly "afk"), and noone else getting the recipe (I asked every single toon that passed by, everyone was pissed cause noone got it) I must heavily suspect this toon "Moodudu" of being using an automatic buyscript of some sort. Trust me, I was getting PRETTY bloody fast in opening => cklicking to last page => closing again at the vendor window (about 1,5 seconds each time). I didn't see the recipe pop up within 4 hours.

I added this guy to my friendlist, too have an eye on him. He is camping there ever since, every day, several hours a day. I once even chatted him to confront him directly with my supicion, see yourself how he answered:

Im posting his toon's name here not primarily to get his guy banned (which would be kinda useless anyway i guess...) but to show you an example of the situation. I'm pretty sure hes not alone. Just have a look at the current sellers of said recipe in the aucion house:

This aint one guy trying to make a quick buck for a single time - this is serious, script-aided farming, probably for gold selling reasons. Everyone knows by now these guys have entered Nostalrius quite some time ago already. This has to end!

2.: The Issue with "limited supply recipes" in general

This was an issue in general on retail vanilla already, and it is an even bigger one now and here on Nostalrius. Why are these recipes not "Bind on pickup" in general? Why can these recipes be abused for gold farming reasons?
There are many other ways to get freakin' rich in this game, but this one can be (like in the case of the Runed Arcanite Rod) literally gamebreaking - I just can not proceed with my main profession (Enchanting) without having that recipe! So this would be the best solution, which I already suggested in retail vanilla times, even though I don't know if it is possible to do this:
Make "limited supply recipes" BOP in general!

So why is this even a bigger issue on Nostalrius then on retail? Easy: We have about 13.000 players online at peak times at the moment. To adress this, the Dev Team already adapted spawn times for mining nodes, herbs, questmobs, even world bosses. They did not adapt the "spawn" rates of "limited supply" items. So we still got the same spawn rates for those items as on retail vanilla (in this case 2 hours), but we have about 5x as many people trying to get it. This ain't "vanilla feel", this is just plain wrong. So here is the second (and easier to implement) solution:
Up the "respawn" times of "limited supply" items accordingly to the number of players online, as it has been done already for mining nodes and such!

Even though I could afford it, I'm not willing to pay the actually requested +110g for the recipe in AH, because I don't want to support people making real money with selling gold on a private server. And it is literally impossible to get it in any other way right now.

PLEASE FIX THIS, SOON!

Besides that, keep up the awesome work.
Nostalrius, big loves <3
StillOutOfMind
Tester

Re: The Issues regarding "Runed Arcanite Rod"

by Botmaster5 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:46 pm

+1'd
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by TomDeBaere » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:46 pm

+1. I had to suck it up and pay 60g for it. I guess that's the nature of private servers. But true, could be fixed easly and doesn't make the server less vanilla or blizzlike...
TomDeBaere
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Sponza » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:20 pm

Many of you know from Emerald Dream how you could buy the Black Lotus from DMF vendors, they were controlled by scripters. The only way to beat the scripters would be by having it yourself and make it click faster then him. I think I bought mine for 100g so not sure how the prices are right now. It's disgusting, I can give you that, hopefully they deal with it.
Sponza
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Uzephi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:07 pm

Idea... group up and plan with the opposing faction... have two rogue or hunters (ones that can leave combat after the kill) just spawn camp the scripter's corpse...
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Mencius » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:24 pm

This hits on the complicated issue of where to draw the line for keeping everything "blizzlike," even if doing so creates situations that didn't exist on retail. The vendor recipes with the long respawn timers was a designed feature in the game (so it's not like it's exploiting a bug). However, the current server population far exceeds what was ever blizzlike and exceeds the design of the game mechanics (which is why they've already had to increase node respawn times).

I'd be in favor of the team making changes in situations like this where a designed feature is nevertheless being severely exploited to the detriment of most players, and I like the idea of simply making recipes like this BoP (as is the case with the Major Mana Potion recipe, for example).
Mencius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Botmaster5 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:32 pm

imo, remove all timers from limited quantity recipes.
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Sharax » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:35 pm

Botmaster5 wrote:imo, remove all timers from limited quantity recipes.

I would agree with this. If people are using scripts to buy out limited recipes, then I don't see any value supporting a limited recipe mechanic.
@CharaxS
Sharax
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Uzephi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:52 pm

Sharax wrote:

I would agree with this. If people are using scripts to buy out limited recipes, then I don't see any value supporting a limited recipe mechanic.

I think they should silently do it for a day or two so those scripters will fill their bags with a useless recipe then let us know 24hrs after the hotfix :twisted:
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by umandez » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:11 pm

Uzephi wrote:
Sharax wrote:

I think they should silently do it for a day or two so those scripters will fill their bags with a useless recipe then let us know 24hrs after the hotfix :twisted:

+1 :lol:

Make it Blizzlike cap the server at 2500 pop. (don't do that really! just make it BoP or a dynamic refresh rate.)
umandez
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Suggestions