Higher level for chat - pesky gold spammers

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Higher level for chat - pesky gold spammers

by nackskott » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:38 am

So seems that gold sellers figured out they have to be a certain level in order to talk. Because the spam has increased very much the last night+morning.

First of for the suggestion; make lvl 10 (or even better, 15) min for chat (except /S when not in a major city perhaps?)

Preferly; You can re-whisper people, you can talk in guildchat and in /s after lvl 10? After lvl 15 you got your channels and yells but not as frequently. This definetly wont get better just worse unless something is done. I know raising the lvl cap wont solve the propblem but it may skim it down a bit. Dunno if this is possible to do with ease but the more variables included the better (I.E there's a 15+ on the account = free chat)

Second suggestion: harder but more permanent. Ban all IP's comming from countries known for gold selling, all VPN (this will ofc affect everybody but the hardest affected are the bandits). From playing the game alltogether or chat alltogether (including all type of chat). Not a solution I really like tbh, but a solution nontheless.

Does anyone have an improved idea/opinion? Share it! But keep countries out of the discussions, we know where they come from and thats enough, no need to make it worse.
nackskott
Private
Private

Re: Higher level for chat - pesky gold spammers

by Elliane2 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:59 pm

I agree so much with your first proposal :!:
Elliane2
Private
Private

by Mimma » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:02 pm

Saw a level 60 spam just 15 minutes ago. So ban all from the chat?

This seriously means account hacking reached a new level - what the last few days shows on the forum as well.

GM's should step in faster and ban gold sellers on the spot here :-(
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by nackskott » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm

Mimma wrote:Saw a level 60 spam just 15 minutes ago. So ban all from the chat?

This seriously means account hacking reached a new level - what the last few days shows on the forum as well.

GM's should step in faster and ban gold sellers on the spot here :-(

Yeah a guy in our guild had been hacked as well. They may use the owned***e "hack" back in 2009, so if you use the same name and pw as you did there hacking you is very easy. Not saying this is the case but it's not unlikely.

And yeah they should ban them straight away would be optimal, but also asking a lot from GMs, it's our effort as players to report them that gets them banned.
So instead of QQing do this;
1. Ignore
2. Report name and time to a GM under verbal harassment
3. Move on with your gameplay.
And we get a nicer server!
Last edited by nackskott on Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nackskott
Private
Private

by Mencius » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:39 pm

I'm pretty sure there's an automatic ban system already in place for anyone trying to talk in general/trade/world etc. up to level 15.

I also don't think the idea of banning all IPs coming from "countries known for gold selling and all VPNs" would work, mostly because you'd have to come close to banning everyone. Gold sellers come from every country. And I don't know much about VPNs. Is it possible to easily identify when someone is using a VPN?

I unfortunately don't have many constructive suggestions, though I do recognize it as an issue. Maybe create a new chat channel for level 50+? Unfortunately, I'd be worried that the lower level channels would get vacated quickly and occupied mostly by spam.
Mencius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by nackskott » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:54 pm

EDIT: One thing that definetly should be done - force a PW reset on all accounts and tell the players not to pick the old passwords, with some luck it stops then.

Mencius wrote:I'm pretty sure there's an automatic ban system already in place for anyone trying to talk in general/trade/world etc. up to level 15.

I also don't think the idea of banning all IPs coming from "countries known for gold selling and all VPNs" would work, mostly because you'd have to come close to banning everyone. Gold sellers come from every country. And I don't know much about VPNs. Is it possible to easily identify when someone is using a VPN?

I unfortunately don't have many constructive suggestions, though I do recognize it as an issue. Maybe create a new chat channel for level 50+? Unfortunately, I'd be worried that the lower level channels would get vacated quickly and occupied mostly by spam.

No there isn't seen many lvl 5's in org spamming today.

VPNs have several users (most do at least) so they are easy to spot (same adress). But also gonna end up hurting the innocent the most (take ppl on LAN also use same adress).

And to your "most countries sell gold" it's better to focus on the wast majority yes? Which the ownwers ought to have a grasp on location-wise.

But as I said, idea #2 isn't really good and idea #1 just prolong things however it's something...
The new chat channel would as you say, be deserted more or less. It's an interesting idea though.
nackskott
Private
Private

by TomDeBaere » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:43 pm

I think you underestimate the dedication some of these gold farmers have. Even putting it on lvl 15 before they can chat, they'll do the effort to level their gold selling spammers :D
TomDeBaere
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by abbath » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:13 pm

last three days i see the fcuking insane OKOGAME spam rate in trade! and noone can handle it (don't tell me abot /ignore - its full already just with goldsellers). so i support the offer to ban wide range of IPs.
you will not lose if all this chinese sellers will be removed from the game (or you could make dedicated chinese server so they can't spam, sell, trade, bot and fcuk up each other there)!
if will be less load to server, and 90% of bots, spam will be removed too. the server will BREATH FREELY!
abbath
Sergeant
Sergeant

by knasn » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:04 pm

CAN YOU FIX THIS ALREADY it's getting seriously fucking ridiculous every second of every minute OF EVERY HOUR theres a goddamn goldspammer. And the hacking aswell has gone fucking fubar pointing to a HUGE security leak somewhere.

YOU are letting your server go down the shitter real fucking fast right now.
knasn
Tester

by thenuclearwalrus » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:35 pm

Whats that? Unable to use chat until 15? Good luck on your group quests before then. OH, you wann do hogger? GL with that, RFC at 14? Hahaha sucks to be you. Wanna know a good way to stop goldspammers? Get Spamthrottle addon, GMs already tell you its good, its your own fault for not using it.
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Suggestions