Crack down on racism.

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Crack down on racism.

by zamug » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:56 am

Terms of Service:
Nostalrius Begins can't allow all kinds of discussion on the forum. The forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss ideas, give game-play advice, role-play, and converse about any other aspect with other players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow users with respect, courtesy and common decency. Therefore, please be civilized when participating. Nostalrius staff needs to be able to read everything you post to ensure it abides by this agreement. Posts not in English are subject to deletion. Nostalrius staff reserves the right to delete, move or edit any post with or without warning nor explanation to the user. In extreme cases, Nostalrius staff may limit or block the forum access from a user.

Please crack down on the anti-China racism that is festering and in danger of giving Nostalrius a bad reputation.
New to Nostalrius? Need some tips? Read this guide..
zamug
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Crack down on racism.

by Sauska » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:37 pm

zamug wrote:Please crack down on the anti-China racism that is festering and in danger of giving Nostalrius a bad reputation.

Isn't it the other way around? Not from a racist point of view, but playing with people with empty chatboxes is a violation of the EULA.
Sauska
Grunt
Grunt

by zamug » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:07 pm

No, there is no other way around anything. Racism has no place on Nostalrius and the ToS make that clear.

Your complaint is a valid one but completely aside from the racism that people are exhibiting on these forums, in game, and on reddit.
New to Nostalrius? Need some tips? Read this guide..
zamug
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Sauska » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:35 pm

zamug wrote:No, there is no other way around anything. Racism has no place on Nostalrius and the ToS make that clear.

Your complaint is a valid one but completely aside from the racism that people are exhibiting on these forums, in game, and on reddit.

I didn't say there is another way around it, I said isn't it the other way around. I meant: isn't it more a matter of the people who talk in blank and black text on public chat channels and are therefore incomprehensible who give Nostalrius a bad reputation? It's against the terms of use and certainly against the idea of playing in a community.
Sauska
Grunt
Grunt

by Robotron » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:39 pm

I've seen more blank chat lines than racism.

Both of these are against the rules and are bannable.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Sauska » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:48 pm

Robotron wrote:I've seen more blank chat lines than racism.

Both of these are against the rules and are bannable.

Same here. Frankly, I haven't seen racism myself. I've seen people get annoyed while trying to communicate with gamers who don't communicate at all aside from spamming you with blank chats.

A for example I've experienced myself: while trying to finish the triage first aid quest another player kept healing my quest soldiers so I couldn't finish the quest. When trying to point out to the other player he had to wait for me to finish the quest, all I got was a lot of blankness. After half an hour of trying to finish the quest I gave up. Damn straight I was really annoyed by then and it didn't happen just to me. It actually happens to a lot of people trying to do that quest or so I gathered from the responses around me. I'm still not sure if the fellow tried to screw over my quest on purpose or just didn't know how it worked. Giving him the benefit of the doubt the lack of communication certainly didn't help matters.
Sauska
Grunt
Grunt

by joeranimo » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:49 pm

i wonder if the chinese are also racist against english-speakers, but i will never know, cuz i only get empty lines and [] from them xD
joeranimo
Private
Private

by Noxit » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:30 pm

I just answer SB when they whisper me.

Well they have their own forums for nostalrius with a Chinese community which isint made by nost team

But they are not part of community since they are isolated themself. And the Communication is also hard for example dungeons when they dont understand wich target to cc, or if the loot is better for another class or if the guy dont know the tacs and keep dying cuz of lacking knowledge of english which is a rule in nost community.

And no this aint racism
Noxit
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Haitharn » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:09 am

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam, racism
Haitharn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Suggestions