Please make a CH realm.

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Please make a CH realm.

by nackskott » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:36 pm

This honestly needs a permanent solution..
And not because racism but because of the language barrier.
It's fine as long as you are in a dungeon with your guildies. But try to lead a BG (as example) with 50% not understanding more than 1 word being spoken it's most likely a loss. Because WoW is a team game, you can queue solo but you will still end up in a team, you can join a half done dungeon solo for your own selfish purposes, but you still become part of a team that you have to cooporate with in order to succeed.

There is a reason Blizz gave Germany, RU, FR, and so forth their own realms, because many of the players didn't speak the required language, which ruined the teams, or in other words, it ruined a huge portion of the fun part with the game and turned it into agression instead.

Suggestion; PLEASE make a new realm, enable free char migration one way for either the english talking side or the chineese side. I honestly think this would give both sides less headaches (TBH it's pretty annoying to listen to both <blank> <blank> <blank> as well as insults over and over).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another post from that thread I found both well mannered and constructive no breaking code of conduct there? Just ban the trolls derailing threads instead of locking them?

Tbh there is no racism.

I think that the Nostalrius community has been incredibly patient in the face of the Chinese onslaught which has brought:

1. Terrible lag that makes the server almost unplayable.
2. Players who cannot communicate.
3. Botters, gold sellers and mafia.

I would recommend that Nostalrius create a separate server for the Chinese and move all players with a Chinese IP thence.

I agree 100%. Started playing here after they did but I've seen the server go from 11k to 15k peaktime (something like that) it's too much for any realm to handle anyway. And I dont mean the physical server but fact is blizzard had the limit on them for 2 reasons; lag and it's good to balance things out. 14k people on one realm is just too much in Vanilla WoW or any WoW for that matter. The mafia shit is that they camp recipes for different professions, and other camping methods.
Last edited by nackskott on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nackskott
Private
Private

Re: Please make a CH realm.

by nackskott » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:49 pm

And there are more differences in retail vanilla between us, CH were allowed buying and selling gold for real money.

It would be great if an english speaking chineese would jump in here and tell the differences between retail and this when it comes to terms, how hard your GMs were with exploits that were in the game, how your GMs handled breaking rules by botting for example.

Also when a realm has as much as 15k online at the same time the ranking system. If someone who ranked before server got overpopulated and after while using the MRE addon please tell me how much it's off now compared to then.
I notice it harder to rank here than on Vanilla, and MRE (addon) was off by XX% last week now and it was correct before server got this huge increase in population right? So, can the honot system handle 15k players? Because this population will keep raising, it's a repeat from retail. I remember reading about a guy who once had 3 people get progress on their rank 13 because the server pop was so high (but propably half of what we have if thats enough) - hope the devs are 100% on that.

Maybe something with bracket will need adjusting after a few k more join? Or may already need to be raised, badly? Not trying to sound like a douche I really wanna know because if it's screwed up I wont go for 11.

Oh and another thing, AH prices have been ruined with several items. They are used to their mafia methods in AH too with monopoly.
nackskott
Private
Private

by smilkovpetko » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:29 am

I think that the Nostalrius community has been incredibly patient in the face of the Chinese onslaught which has brought:

1. Terrible lag that makes the server almost unplayable.
3. Botters, gold sellers and mafia.

1: Not true at all , this is because of server that is not limited to amount of players and unable to handle overpopulation even if there was 100% europeans.
3: partial true but not completely and those are 0.1% compare to the rest.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Aslan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:49 am

A swiss realm? xD. Gief!
Also, while I fully support to split the server into multiple ones, just to have a bearable player base, you should really get your facts straight about what racism means... You say there is no racism and then give the very definition of it, that was so hillarious to read haha.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Rarilmar » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:40 am

smilkovpetko wrote:
1: Not true at all , this is because of server that is not limited to amount of players and unable to handle overpopulation even if there was 100% europeans.

You have no fucking clue how the population looks like. On H side 1st 8 populated guilds are Chinese 1st english guild comes on 9th place fallowed by more china. I got this info from running census addon for about 2 times / day for the last month. So if population would be european/us we will not have this problems.

I would like an official post about the server demographics based on IP that would factor in the small guilds and unguilded players properly.

Also playing BGs at china hour is insanity! chat converts to 75% china chat... What happend to english only? GMs take no actions about china spam
Rarilmar
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Nelythia » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:42 am

Screenshot it, upload it to imgur.com and make a Ticket.

Then GM's take care of the "English only" rule.

No report with proof, no actions.
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by nackskott » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:34 am

Aslan wrote:A swiss realm? xD. Gief!
Also, while I fully support to split the server into multiple ones, just to have a bearable player base, you should really get your facts straight about what racism means... You say there is no racism and then give the very definition of it, that was so hillarious to read haha.

If you would have read the post fully it was a quote from another thread. However I stand by it I dont think there's any racism involved here. Not as ground issue at least, the term racist means different things in different countries nowdays. Which part did you find racist exactly?
nackskott
Private
Private

by nackskott » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:35 am

Nelythia wrote:Screenshot it, upload it to imgur.com and make a Ticket.

Then GM's take care of the "English only" rule.

No report with proof, no actions.

Making tickets wont solve the root of the problem...
nackskott
Private
Private

by Aslan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:03 pm

nackskott wrote:If you would have read the post fully it was a quote from another thread.

Ye, I actually did but as you stated now again, you found it "well mannered and constructive and not breaking code of conduct" so I just treated it as a quote of your own.

nackskott wrote:Not as ground issue at least, the term racist means different things in different countries nowdays. Which part did you find racist exactly?

Quintessencially discriminating a grp of people for who they are, meaning unchangeable facts and characteristics/features that cant be changed/they have no influence of. To be clear, "race" cant be used as a biological term in a political or sociological discussion, hence it includes nationality, religion (depends on country) and so on.

To be specific now, you throw in X people into the category "chinese" and enforce actions on them.The racist part about it? All chinese are affected by these "sanctions" because they are chinese and not because they are gold sellers, botters, mafia.

That accuse obviously doesnt incude 1.) and 2.) on your list. 2.) cant be argued about and isnt anything that offends the ToU aslong as they are just quiet in public channels and play in their own isolated world and 1.) Is at best to be debated by what the retri pala troll above me said.. The mass of players produce the lag, why not make 3 different servers with each 30% western european 20% american, 20% china and 30% eastern european, russia, rest. Why seperate the chinese solely. I know it would make sense with the "everyone can communicate", but why it just let everyone chose where to play on their own?

Now obviously Nostalrius can do whatever the fuck they want, but since they listed racism in their ToU I expect them to stick to it.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by nackskott » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:57 pm

Quintessencially discriminating a grp of people for who they are, meaning unchangeable facts and characteristics/features that cant be changed/they have no influence of. To be clear, "race" cant be used as a biological term in a political or sociological discussion, hence it includes nationality, religion (depends on country) and so on.

To be specific now, you throw in X people into the category "chinese" and enforce actions on them.The racist part about it? All chinese are affected by these "sanctions" because they are chinese and not because they are gold sellers, botters, mafia.

That accuse obviously doesnt incude 1.) and 2.) on your list. 2.) cant be argued about and isnt anything that offends the ToU aslong as they are just quiet in public channels and play in their own isolated world and 1.) Is at best to be debated by what the retri pala troll above me said.. The mass of players produce the lag, why not make 3 different servers with each 30% western european 20% american, 20% china and 30% eastern european, russia, rest. Why seperate the chinese solely. I know it would make sense with the "everyone can communicate", but why it just let everyone chose where to play on their own?

Now obviously Nostalrius can do whatever the fuck they want, but since they listed racism in their ToU I expect them to stick to it.

How is this discrimination? I never claimed all of them bot/cheat and the main issiue lies in the communication, not monopol etc even if those still are big factors. This isn't racism you PC softie...

So what if all Chineese are affected? Idc if it's me who has to move as long as I can communicate with everyone properly.
nackskott
Private
Private

Next

Return to Suggestions