AFKers in BGs

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

AFKers in BGs

by Kelorek » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:25 am

There must be a creative way that Nostalrius / the community can come up with to deal with the sheer number of AFKers in battlegrounds.

I'm currently queueing pug ABs and the same 3-4 people in every single BG are blatantly afking, some pretend to be poorly guarding a flag, others are brazen enough to sit in ghost for most of the match.

Would a ''report afk" button such as the one that live has help at all?

Is it possible for GMs to occasionally pop into battlegrounds to check for afkers instead of having players report them and hope a GM respond before the match ends? It seems to me if a GM popped into a random pug AB a few times a day at least a few AFKers would be busted.
Kelorek
Grunt
Grunt

Re: AFKers in BGs

by Nelythia » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:17 am

Players have to report them through an ingame Ticket.

Usually GM's give priority to different cases, an AFK player in a Battleground is probably one of these priorities to do this Ticket first.

If no GM is online, its obvious that no GM can investigate immediately, but they can still investigate it anyways.

Every Gamemaster is doing this voluntarily, no one is getting paid. Some Gamemasters are online a few hours per day, some only a few hours per week.

If I recall correctly from the anniversary list they have (on the PvP Server) up to 3k tickets per week.
They can't just be online and run around in Battlegrounds, rather they can't ignore Tickets just for trying to catch some AFK players on their own.

A "Report Player for being AFK" function would be useful, but can be abused easily.
Just look on retail, where BG Premades and Multiboxers abuse this system to get rid of people they don't like, or which are just not geared.
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by thenuclearwalrus » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:25 am

If you see an afk player in a BG, screenshot it and upload it to an image host and link that Screenshot in your report to a GM
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Rekkis » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:15 pm

With 5 sec delay, you cant really pvp, so might aswel afk and have a cheeky wank at ST. I dont do this but just saying ;)
Rekkis
Tester

Return to Suggestions