quality of life changes

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

quality of life changes

by Proxdox » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:37 pm

I noticed that the gm's have no issues with trying to control the economy, i/e nerfing farm spots, which I don't agree with at all, but I don't see how it would actually hurt the game if people were allowed a dual spec.

I get that it's vanilla, and there's nostalgia, and we don't want to make it easy. And I agree. But man, I feel that some quality of life changes can't hurt. I feel that dev's/gm's need to focus more on quality of life changes instead of balancing changes.

It really is a missed opportunity to not make some good changes that people actually want while we have this private server running. I don't think too many people would be against a dual spec.

Does anyone agree? Or am I alone in this?
Proxdox
Private
Private

Re: quality of life changes

by Mimma » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:39 pm

You are alone, yes.

Private customized vanilla servers that way ---->
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by ceoddyn » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:17 pm

Maybe they could give us 41 talent points to spend instead of 51. Would make picking talents more interesting.
ceoddyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:29 pm

ceoddyn wrote:Maybe they could give us 41 talent points to spend instead of 51. Would make picking talents more interesting.

god damn! the debates. Get BoK or Holy Shock? Get Trueshot or Aimed Shot? etc
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Proxdox » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:42 pm

Is it not custom if the mods get to decide which areas get nerfed and which don't? Why is that changed if other things cannot be?
Proxdox
Private
Private

by Mryul » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:59 am

get out
Mryul
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by arOo » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:18 am

Imagine the impact on the economy, respeccs are a legit source where the gold goes back to the server in the endgame content.

This would drastically increase the inflationrate (which is high already).
/allyourbasearebelongtous
Nuar - Nostalrius Begins PvP
arOo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Datruth » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:34 am

arOo wrote:Imagine the impact on the economy, respeccs are a legit source where the gold goes back to the server in the endgame content.

You're right dualspec would definitely accelerate the inflation, but I'm sure lowering the cap to something a bit more manageable like 20g would encourage a lot more people to respec between raids and possibly creating a larger gold sink than the current one.
I can't be the only one who cba to use 100g total everytime I wanna do a bit of pvp, 40g I wouldn't mind.

This is the only non-blizzlike feature I wouldn't mind, but I know people gets triggered hard when stuff like this is brought up.
Datruth
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by St0rfan » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:36 pm

Datruth wrote:
arOo wrote:Imagine the impact on the economy, respeccs are a legit source where the gold goes back to the server in the endgame content.

You're right dualspec would definitely accelerate the inflation, but I'm sure lowering the cap to something a bit more manageable like 20g would encourage a lot more people to respec between raids and possibly creating a larger gold sink than the current one.
I can't be the only one who cba to use 100g total everytime I wanna do a bit of pvp, 40g I wouldn't mind.

This is the only non-blizzlike feature I wouldn't mind, but I know people gets triggered hard when stuff like this is brought up.

We do not suffer wrath-babies.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Setup » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:44 pm

Proxdox wrote:I noticed that the gm's have no issues with trying to control the economy, i/e nerfing farm spots, which I don't agree with at all, but I don't see how it would actually hurt the game if people were allowed a dual spec.

This is how it hurts the game:

Right now, there's very little need for players to have gold. After you've got your epic mount, the average raider won't struggle to survive on 200g. Mounts aside, nearly the ONLY thing that increases a player's need for gold is having to respec.

That means when Joe Smith picks a stack of dreamfoil, or a black lotus, there's very little incentive for Joe to sell it on the market. It's as good as gold, why not hold on to it and use it later? Consequently, even on a realm of plentiful supply, hoarding results in price gouging, and everyone pays more.

If you take the ONE real gold sink that remains and get rid of it, you remove what little incentive there is to sell at all, and prices increase to reflect that fact. Additionally, that's when run-away inflation kicks in because you've removed one of the only ways that the economy was destroying gold.

If you wanted to implement dual spec, you'd have to find a way to make players spend that gold elsewhere. Economies aren't magic.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Suggestions