New Thread Format in Account Support.

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

New Thread Format in Account Support.

by Uzephi » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:29 am

I noticed recently when staff starts an investigation, or acknowledges the appeal, you change the thread title to help the user know the status. I see this as well organized and great communication to the community.

I would suggest making an announcement of the change and also sticky it with how the process works in as much detail as you can give so the average user will know the process instead of the millions of "bumps" that have been happening in that section.

I know most BB software have a built in "disclosure" plugin or module you can add so when a user posts, they will have to agree that they read this before posting in that section. Instead of an announcement, you can do that.

Just throwing a few ideas to help streamline the process and put less workload on the staff in the long run.

Edit: A plugin a forum I helped build is below. You could use this for the users to be redirected upon making a thread so they see the announcement. You might not use VBulletin, but what ever software you are running might have something similar.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthre ... re+posting This can be set to only work in a certain sub section instead of the whole site.
Last edited by Uzephi on Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: New Thread Format in Account Support.

by Nelythia » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:51 am

To be honest, Abathur is the only GM that did it so far and he did it also way earlier.

I don't think its a set change.
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: New Thread Format in Account Support.

by Uzephi » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:00 am

Nelythia wrote:To be honest, Abathur is the only GM that did it so far and he did it also way earlier.

I don't think its a set change.

Well, this is the Suggestion section, and I would suggest a uniform way of doing this. This seems the best way to keep it nice and tidy. It is either that, or set a post limit by time so a user cannot post in that made thread more than (x)hrs at a time. You seen the "bump" spam in that section lately?
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Suggestions