Cheating trade

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Cheating trade

by saogong30 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:47 pm

Dear GM,

A few days ago, I was trading Recipe: Flask of Titans with the seller, the price was 900G, he changed the Recipe with Recipe: Flask of Petrification at the end of the trade when I was clicking the trade button, I had no time to cancel it and lost my 900G.

I have reported this issue in the game and haven't got a solution. Will this action be punished here? I think he will continue to cheat more people.

The seller: Arraxus, orc warrior
saogong30
Tester

Re: Cheating trade

by thenuclearwalrus » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:29 am

You had "No time" to cancel? Thats BS because it undoes the accept and you should have verified

Your loss, they will not punish
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by TomDeBaere » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:32 pm

They have already implemented the cooldown on the trade button to prevent this from happening. If it still happens with you than you were probably not paying attention.
TomDeBaere
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Sharax » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:08 am

I wouldn't encourage assholes from doing this type of switcheroo. I hope this gets resolved positively for OP with the culprit smacked down with a suspension/ban.
@CharaxS
Sharax
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by thenuclearwalrus » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:29 am

Sharax wrote:I wouldn't encourage assholes from doing this type of switcheroo. I hope this gets resolved positively for OP with the culprit smacked down with a suspension/ban.

Only, they wont ban him.
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Killstick » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:50 am

Seems like the guy bought himself some edgemasters with the money 8-)
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Sharax » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:08 pm

thenuclearwalrus wrote:
Sharax wrote:I wouldn't encourage assholes from doing this type of switcheroo. I hope this gets resolved positively for OP with the culprit smacked down with a suspension/ban.

Only, they wont ban him.

Why nit? Per the ToU:

Participate in any action that, in the sole and absolute discretion of Nostalrius staff, results or may result in a player being "scammed" or defrauded out of currency or any other items the user has earned.

And under "Permanent Bans", Scamming is listed.

I really have no sympathy for those purposely attempting to defraud their fellow players and hope they take this infraction seriously.
@CharaxS
Sharax
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Fridolin » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:10 pm

I hate scammers...thats so bs und ruin the game...
Nostalrius PvP
Alliance Mage :)

Developing an AddonManagementTool for Vanilla and TBC Addons!
Fridolin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Pottu » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:01 pm

The trade window delay was implemented explicitly to combat this kind of scamming. Please be more careful in the future. As for the scammer, make an in-game ticket and we will investigate. If what you are saying is true, then he will be banned.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

Return to Suggestions