Non-Blizzlike suggestion to the Flightmaster of Ratchet

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Non-Blizzlike suggestion to the Flightmaster of Ratchet

by SkyggN » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:37 am

Upon writing this, I am waiting for the Flight Master to respawn in Ratchet, but a player, whom I will keep anonymous, is camping him. This is a behavior which disrupts 100s of people. He is also able to slay everyone who arrives to Ratchet when they land. PvP and killing NPCs are not wrong in anyway, but disrupting gameplay of 100s of players should be.

My suggestion is to make the Flight Master of Ratchet stronger so it is harder to kill him, which would result in requiring a group to kill him. This change is not a bigger change than the gold limit of respec.

Thanks for reading,
SkyggN
SkyggN
Tester

Re: Non-Blizzlike suggestion to the Flightmaster of Ratchet

by Uzephi » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:51 am

Report. He can do it up to 24hrs, after that it is against the ToU.

"Intentionally killing or disabling important quest NPCs for an extended period of time which exceeds 24 hours."
https://en.nostalrius.org/terms-of-use iirc flight paths count towards that as well
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by zmandude24 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:50 pm

SkyggN wrote:My suggestion is to make the Flight Master of Ratchet stronger so it is harder to kill him, which would result in requiring a group to kill him. This change is not a bigger change than the gold limit of respec.

First off, the gold cap for respecing was in retail vanilla wow. Though with the higher population on the PvP server, I would have to agree with you on buffing the flightmasters since there is a much higher chance of some guy wanting to be a dick and kill them on the PvP server than a server with a blizzlike population. There is a difference between the typical blizzlike PvP experience with ganks and zones being practically unplayable, and the PvP server falls under the latter.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by thenuclearwalrus » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:50 pm

Make him take a group to kill, people will still do it and just bring a group.

Make it take multiple groups to kill, people will just bring multiple groups.

Make it take a full raid, same thing.

Make him invincible? They will just sit out of range of the guards and gank.

Just learn to deal with it.
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Arx_1 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:45 pm

zmandude24 wrote:
SkyggN wrote:My suggestion is to make the Flight Master of Ratchet stronger so it is harder to kill him, which would result in requiring a group to kill him. This change is not a bigger change than the gold limit of respec.

First off, the gold cap for respecing was in retail vanilla wow. Though with the higher population on the PvP server, I would have to agree with you on buffing the flightmasters since there is a much higher chance of some guy wanting to be a dick and kill them on the PvP server than a server with a blizzlike population. There is a difference between the typical blizzlike PvP experience with ganks and zones being practically unplayable, and the PvP server falls under the latter.

Actually this servers resembles very much my vanilla experience in EMERISS EU.

Emeriss EU was a server with a population imbalance of around 70% Horde 30% Alliance. I know that numbers are even, but at level 60 this server feels pretty much dominated by the Horde.
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Pottu » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:04 pm

Not going to happen.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

Return to Suggestions