Balance of factions

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Balance of factions

by Arakarahm » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:18 pm

I don't want a potion with xp booster or equipment, gold etc.. in nostalrius is blizzlike X1 and it will remain as it, is the strength of the server.
I would just say one thing on the official have you ever seen such a gap between the factions? I do not think so.
Add a queue to approach a server as the official it's not Blizzlike? I think you do not really understand the meaning of the word Blizzlike.
It is not enough to make a copy paste compared to a official server, but to ensure that the experience is approaching it.
For example if you find that 70% of people play the Horde and only 30% in the Alliance if it's for you Blizzlike, well ...
We'll know at the opening of the server, and you can say at this time "please people made alts in the Alliance," but let's be serious it's just a big joke.

I hope I am wrong the future will tell :)
Arakarahm
Private
Private

by ZanathKariashi » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:05 am

Horde has ALWAYS had an overwhelming advantage on pvp servers. It's because their racials are all pvp oriented.

Alliance tends to be more favored on non-pvp servers since they have stronger pve benefits, and due to pvp being completely consensual they aren't worried about being able to fight off gankers or what not.

The people who do play alliance on a pvp server simply do so because they know that they'll have an easier time progressing content (I cannot stress enough how broken Paladin are in Classic PvE compared to what the horde gets (Dwarf priests are ok as well, but you risk making your tanks lazy if you come to rely on fear ward too much)), and thus, assuming their guild isn't garbage, should be progressing much faster through content then the horde guilds can and can simply outgear them to help compensate for the imbalance in raicals.
ZanathKariashi
Grunt
Grunt

by Hatson » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:36 am

Eh. You really seem to gloss over a lot of factors.
The Alliance really isn't halted in PvP compared to Horde, other than Undead and Tauren Racials being the best, for sure. But that very Tauren HP racial is also a good benefit in PvE. (But don't forget Dwarves have Stoneform, which is amazing against Rogues or Warriors)
But if you're talking about PvP. Then Alliance have Paladins, who are by far the best healers in PvP. By a million miles in WSG especially.
The fact that they wear plate, a shield, and have bubbles, blessing of freedom, lay on hands and blessings - those spells alone make them outclass any other healer in PvP by a mile.
Engineering Holy Paladins are almost impossible to taken down in PvP.

So really with Paladins in your party I'd argue that Alliance should have a much easier time when in a premade to win WSG.
And again, for the PvE side, it isn't so black and white like you say it is. Just because Alliance have Paladins, and Fear Ward, doesn't automatically make you the best PvE faction in everything ever.

Vanilla WoW is balanced between the Horde and Alliance classes: The Shaman and the Paladin.
Both of them are hybrids, and both of them are usually just healers in raids. And if not, they're trying to rely on RNG to 1 shot people in PvP (Windfury = Seal of Command / Reckoning).

They both have extremely similar spells and effects, but each one in a slightly different way and manners.
Paladins use blessings, while Shamans use totems. That is the main difference of the classes.
Paladins are thus much more self sufficient because they also wear plate and have bubbles and don't have to rely on totem pulses to help themselves rid off enemy spells or debuffs.
But instead of self sufficiency, Shamans have more offensive utility spells such as the 6 second cooldown shocks (5 sec with talent) which is an amazing tool to interrupt and annoy other casters to no end, as well as kiting melee forever who are not being hand of freedom'd by a Paladin.
And then there's the infamous purge, having no cooldown and a low mana cost. Removing any buff or effect you could ever hope to use.

But there are spells here and there that they have, that the counterpart has none of.
A good example of that is Tremor Totem for Shamans. It is absolutely amaaaazing for Onyxia, as an example. And makes phase 3 considerably easier for Horde than the Alliance.
It's also very good on Magmadar, and really any PvE content with multiple fears, really.
And Shamans also have Windfury Totem. So if you're a melee dps raider, then you'd rather want to be on the Horde side, because your dps would be even more crazy with Windfury.

Paladins have none of that in PvE, instead they have more passive boosting blessings, and judgements to help heal the people swinging at the boss, which again, is a more sufficiency and sustainable playstyle over the more aggressive playstyle of Shaman spells.
Really the two hybrids of the Horde and Alliance were obviously balanced with such a design in mind.

The PvE and PvP between Alliance and Horde isn't just black, and white. Really. It isn't.
And if anything, I wouldn't be surprised if Alliance win way more WSGs than Horde, as long as they premade and take Holy Paladins with themselves, it should never be an issue.
And I wouldn't be surprised if Horde down Onyxia before Alliance. It goes both ways.
Last edited by Hatson on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by cardk » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:43 am

Agree with Hatson completely, except that
hand of freedom
is a blessing in vanilla ;)
No member ever downed a raid boss, by dying for his guild. He killed the raid boss, by DPS'ing it down to zero.

- Mute
cardk
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hatson » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:47 am

Yes, thank you for that correction, Cardk. :)
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by mrmr » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:28 pm

Aquane wrote:keep it blizzlike

no retarded xp boosts, no changes to the deserter debuff, and if the factions are imbalanced then we can just encourage people to reroll with the other faction; the only thing that should be needed regarding this is a faction population meter like rebirth had before they died, which showed the population between alliance and horde on their main page; though ours should only show players above level 1 that have logged in in the past 2 weeks
I'm not root of myself.
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Imbaslap » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:28 pm

mrmr wrote:
Aquane wrote:keep it blizzlike

no retarded xp boosts, no changes to the deserter debuff, and if the factions are imbalanced then we can just encourage people to reroll with the other faction; the only thing that should be needed regarding this is a faction population meter like rebirth had before they died, which showed the population between alliance and horde on their main page; though ours should only show players above level 1 that have logged in in the past 2 weeks

agreed, I don't want a trashcan server like feenix.
a legit, 1x blizzlike experience please.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Moxey » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Maybe have a regularily updating population counter in the webpage that also shows on wow launcher. So people joining the server blindly will see possible faction inbalance and that may persuade them to join the outnumbered side.
Moxey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aquane » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:35 pm

Moxey wrote:Maybe have a regularily updating population counter in the webpage that also shows on wow launcher. So people joining the server blindly will see possible faction inbalance and that may persuade them to join the outnumbered side.

nah its better to have it on the website instead

I would imagine, if a person blindly joins the server they're gonna need to find the realmlist info first, and they'd probably hear about the server's name before being given the realmlist information; so it would be much easier for the devs, and more convenient for the players if the population counter thing was on the server's website rather than modded into the launcher
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by secondary » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:19 pm

Alot players on private servers never really played vanilla. They get attracted to the game by PvP videos. Mostly horde players ganking arround. Thus the majority of PvP interested players choses horde.
If you want to PvP, go alliance as the Q times are usually a lot lower.
secondary
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions