Demons hunter quest.

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Demons hunter quest.

by Noxit » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:03 am

Atm I have no idea what are you guys thinking about. Nostalrius have 12k population atm. Stack that with 2hr and 45min per demon when it was 20minutes spawn before much easier to handle with ppl who disrespect the list.

¨by Pottu » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:27 pm

The spawn times have already been made much shorter. It is supposed to be an epic, difficult quest.¨

How is this epic when ppl grief it and need to wait another 2hr 45min. and the worst part is you guys dont do a thing about it when they get reported. The players on this server are much harder then the demons atm specially the non english speakers

and also there is another problem we also have a list in nost forums but mostly most of us use the list but then we have chinese wich is 90% not even reading nost forums, cant even communicte how to plan turns because, they are not signing up for the hunter list. that means if they dont get the tag they grief instead.

Here is a link about the hunter list on forums and u can also see wich ppl who is griefing and also been reported but they are still at the spot and make the demon despawn. http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=16819&start=5340

I have no idea why u guys been thinking, what is worst 2hr 45min respawn on a 12k population server, or legal griefing or even cant communicate to other players wich ends to a grief.

inbefore thread locked
Noxit
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Demons hunter quest.

by Nelythia » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:42 am

First of all, the demons aren't that griefable like the benediction quest is.

Second, the Hunter Leaf quest thread is nice and stuff, but not official and thus most hunters don't want to follow it or just don't know about it.

If you really have a hunter that only griefs the demons, like pulling and kiting them everytime, or dying to despawn them on purpose, then make an ingame Ticket.

If players PvP while you are on that quest, its unfortunately not against the rules.

Nostalrius doesn't want to throw the quest rewards into player inventories, they want it to be a somewhat longer journey to it, like it is supposed to be.
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by alextheone5 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:14 pm

The hunter quest at the moment is impossible to complete. The huge amount on this server combined with the eextremely long respawn times means there are large groups of hunters at each spawn point and as soon as a demon spawns everyone is trying to tag it thus it despawns, most of these people do not speak English or follow the rules.
I want to complete this quest so badly but I honestly don't think its possible right now, which is a real shame.
This quest is far from epic and harder then a norm quest..its simply ridiculous and broken
alextheone5
Sergeant
Sergeant

by prevailx » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:51 pm

Bump.

PvP is not the issue. It's all the people who will not go to the forum post and wait their turn in line. And then get angry when all the rest of the good people who follow the list want their turn. Then people start despawning the demon by attacking it. It's really absurd.
prevailx
Private
Private

by Denkart » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:20 pm

Pottu said in the other thread about this topic that "It's supposed to be an epic, difficult quest". So let me just address that real quick.

First off, I think I speak for everyone when I say that no one thinks camping burning steppes and winterspring for 12+ hours a day is in anyway epic. It's simply not. In fact, it's the exact opposite. It's completely tedious. That's what the quest is. When players finally complete it, they aren't thinking "wow, that was such an epic fight and quest", they're thinking "thank god I don't have to sit around in burning steppes for 20 more hours."

Second, it's supposed to be difficult. This much is true. However, when the difficulty is coming from unintended factors, for example, 5+ other hunters who don't speak English that despawn the demon nearly every time it spawns, then that's just bad game design instead of difficulty. The difficulty is supposed to come locating and killing the demons. Right now, the difficulty comes from other players despawning the demons constantly. Imagine a game that's supposed to be difficult but it's plagued with horrible framerate issues and constant lag in the gameplay and then the Devs refused to fix those issues because the game is "supposed to be difficult". That is essentially what the Nost devs are doing here. Again, when the difficulty is coming from unintended factors, that's called bad game design.

I understand the Nost devs are committed to keeping the server as blizzlike as possible. However, when you open a server that has 12k people online at a time which is far over the blizzlike population of vanilla, there are certain responsibilities you have to accept and certain tweaks that have to be made.

Please consider lowering the spawn time on these demons.
Denkart
Private
Private

by Ausklang » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:01 pm

Totally agree, spawn timers should be redesigned to 1 Hour or less for all Demons because too many players have the Quest and camp the spawns.

Burning Steppes is another major problem because at this location, so many extra people run though for farming Thorium and Herbs.

I camped BS 40 Hours + and got now 6 attempts despawned. 4 by pure fun and 2 by accident from bypassing players that wanted to help. Almost every attempt i watched got despawned.

Winterspring was pure luck aswell. Got it after 12 Hours of camping and talking to at least 15 other Hunters and coordinating them. I just got lucky they where NA and German. Good fun talking to ppl who don´t give a fuck or don´t speak one word english.

14 Hours of sitting there just to get your pull despawned by John who just happens to pass by is the most frustrating thing i have ever experienced in a video game.

Iam sure every single hunter who did the quest has similar stories to tell.

This is not epic - this is just plain stupid and infuriating.

Having 10k+ players needs some adjustments to spawn timers. You did it with farm items - please do it to this quest and other quests as well.

We don´t make decisions on your server, but if the Staff does not agree with the opinion im sure everyone has that did this quest - please elaborate on this post and close it so i / we never complain again.
Ausklang
Tester

by Deniel » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:54 pm

I managed to complete the quest yesterday (3 weeks of waiting, despawning , griefing), but still the experience was nowhere near epicness. I think lowering cooldowns will lead into less despawns, cause people will wait for another spawn or just at least let the other hunter finish his attemp (which can lead into fail and evade the demon and possible griefer can have their proper pull)... I dont understand why people hit the demon, They hurt themselves even more, cause the other hunter will be still waiting with them. This is just absurd :) Lowering cooldowns is the only way. Nostalrius population is 12k which was in 1.12 in vanilla blizz times and there were 15 minutes respawn times on these demons just because of popullation issues.
Deniel
Tester

by Noxit » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:00 pm

Nelythia wrote:If you really have a hunter that only griefs the demons, like pulling and kiting them everytime, or dying to despawn them on purpose, then make an ingame Ticket.

Thats what I have been doing but they are still on the spot and despawn the demon multiple times.
Noxit
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Pottu » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:50 pm

I haven't seen a single ticket from you Noxit. It's actually very, very rare to see a ticket with evidence that someone is griefing there. If you make one, we will take action. I have suspended twice the amount of accounts over Benediction griefing than I have over the demons.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Noxit » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:45 pm

Pottu wrote:I haven't seen a single ticket from you Noxit. It's actually very, very rare to see a ticket with evidence that someone is griefing there. If you make one, we will take action. I have suspended twice the amount of accounts over Benediction griefing than I have over the demons.

The GM team.

Noxit is my main. Traxxy is my hunter alt made reports from my hunter :)
Noxit
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Suggestions