Host server in Russia

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Host server in Russia

by serf34 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:06 am

I think next time the server should be hosted in Russia, cuz that way it will be 100% safe from all american legal bull****.
serf34
Tester

Re: Host server in Russia

by magpiez » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:04 pm

agree, I have been searching for a Vanilla server there but there are none, at least that I can find
magpiez
Private
Private

by Beepy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:02 am

Well i was checking the playtbc project that launches soon. Apparently since the news about Nostalrius broke they moved their server from France to Russia. Only took them a couple of days cant we do the same here?

I mean i would laugh my ass off seing Blizzard trying to take down something hosted in Russia.

Beepy
Private
Private

by likemi » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:01 am

You shouldn't underestimate risks though, Blizzard does even has an office in Russia
likemi
Private
Private

by Petroix » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:48 am

Blizzard wanted to shut down Atlantiss server some time ago. Guess what. They just laughed to blizz face and server is still alive. Nostalrius devs are just stupid, it takes a few days to fix that problem and open Nost again but they are doing nothing.
Petroix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by YujiTFD » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:17 pm

Guys, being russian citizen, I can see situation from within and it's as not as bright as you tend to believe.

Lately (past year or two) russian goverment issued alot of laws regarding copyright. These days you can see multiple lockdowns of local torrent trackers (rutracker, nnm-club, rutor, etc) and websites considered "pirate" (mostly ebooks, music and movies distribution). Of course plaintiff should have court order to block "illegal" content, but actually ANY court order will do, even if the judge is absolutely incompetent and totally clueless about situation at hand.

But worst part is that some ISPs and hoster are quite eager to fulfill a "warrant" even if judge's decision has never been established: they block content by informal request from revelant departments, and content holders are compelled to retaliate with little luck for winning. It happens not often, but it happens.

I really hope I'm being pessimistic about situation, but all in all I wouldn't like to experience same feelings I had when Nostlarius went down.
YujiTFD
Tester

by dandoman » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:41 pm

In germany a guy asked for asylum for a german "comedian" which has made jokes, really bad ones, about the turkish president.

I say: give the Nost team asylum and let them run the server over there!
dandoman
Tester

Return to Suggestions