Make a real statement please

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Make a real statement please

by burgler » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:02 pm

The situation is becoming quite chaotic. Tons of new servers are showing up, claiming to be the next nostalrius. Meanwhile the administrators are telling us nothing, completely leaving us in the dark. This all happened so fast, and it really feels like we are not getting told the full truth.

Within just a couple of hours, there were tons of real solutions to the issue, most notably http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us

It is a thread moved to the administrator/GM forums, presenting a great solution to the issue. Nostalrius already said that they would release data, but that is all we've been told. When, or will it even happen at this point? Who knows.

The statements we are getting are all just numbers and graphics, showing blizzard that it would be profitable to host their own server. It really feels like the project is dead, like they really gave up on it, hoping that blizzard will do something of their own.

You guys have been really good to us all this time, can't you please just let us know what you are planning? Like should we go somewhere else or are you still trying to keep the project alive? The interest and solutions are definitely there, so why not tell us anything?
burgler
Tester

Re: Make a real statement please

by magpiez » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:36 am

Burgler,

I like this idea of another private server hosting Nos to save the community. However, I also understand why the Devs here are remaining quiet. Anything we know Blizzard knows.
magpiez
Private
Private

by Overtime » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:01 am

I hope there will be some kind of list from the staff in the future on what projects they support with continuing the legacy in case there is no official continual.

But people should be patient with this regardless, there will be ton of servers trying to take advantage from this if the source is published. No better time to be skeptic about the (new) scene.
Overtime
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Malic » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:33 pm

It would be nice to know what their plans are, as mentioned in the cached page's first post, I think this is a great opportunity and it would be a shame if they passed it up. As I mentioned once before I play there too, I would fully endorse this for multiple reasons:

Their staff is friendly and professional. Their guides for connection are very verbose. Proven themselves once again that they do not let anything get in their way of the vision of their future by resolving crashes as quick as humanly possible.
They are doing something wonderful and hosting charity events to those foundations in need just for players showing up in the event, along with giving out special rewards to those who do, a win win!

They seem to know what they're doing in regards of keeping it real, and their offer was extremely nice. If no one minds me quoting it.. "we will host your service with no preconditions or strings attached. Your team will still have full control over the vision and model of Nostalrius, what ever that may entail." I believe this is the best chance to continue with the goal this server plans. Don't count these guys out!
Malic
Tester

by Trainer7808 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:09 pm

Can't stress enough how hard this has been... They're not saying much at all, which is really difficult to understand...

I would agree that an offer like this would be hard to turn down if it were me. They're giving us a second chance you guys....

Not to mention if we, the community, was given the opportunity to choose, I would choose Valhalla without hesitation. Just do a quick run through on server events and support, and you'll see these guys mean business, and they seem to be hosting some pretty cool and rewarding events. Those charity events look phenomenal to even attend and make such a difference while enjoying something you want to do. I went the extra step and spoke with a few people there, and the players there seem really happy and the staff answered my question within minutes. Tried that on a couple other sites offering close to what they are, and I still haven't heard back, and one of them were rude. I think it would be the best fit, as far as what we offered and what they're offering.

Doubt blizz will reconsider keeping us, or allowing us to stay so... Lets at least move together...

It was fun while it lasted...
Trainer7808
Tester

by burgler » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:45 pm

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=43515

Seems like the project might come back after all. Would be great if we could get a rough estimate of how long it would take though. Are we talking weeks or months? Wish a GM would clarify, since a lot of us are just sitting here refreshing for new info.
burgler
Tester

by Leahs » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:56 am

Keep the project alive Nostalrius team! I will not be denied a magnificent project such as this!

Please friends, can we perhaps try a host using an alternative currency or ways to prevent identity from being shown? Oh, and how about not hosting in the Western world as well. We all know how in bed these various countries are with each other.

Make Nostalrius great again.
#Revival 2.0
#Patch 1.9
Leahs
Grunt
Grunt

by Protego » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:29 am

I would also imagine that they would wait until any petitions or other conversations that may or may not be going on wrap up. Just a thought..

As long as the community stays close and keeps an ear out, we will know soon enough what the future holds!
Protego
Tester

by Rawyn » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:00 am

ye, totally agree with the topic. when u can let us know please.
Rawyn
Private
Private

by Noxm » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:02 am

Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Return to Suggestions