Helping my community by saving yours.

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Helping my community by saving yours.

by Critically_1996 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:12 pm

Hello dear Nostalrius community, i have found a great opportunity. Helping my community (Warmane) by saving yours. I am very sorry for your loss, a completely FREE and 100% bug fixed legacy server was shutted down by Blizzard, well that's a shame. A lot of players from here went to Warmane. And i have been wondering, what if Nostalrius merge with Warmane, it will be very nice right?

Firestorm has news that Nostalrius server will merge with them, but why choose Firestorm when there is a better option? I have been talking to some of you, and they all said that Warmane is the best option out there. Warmane has 24,000 players online at peaks, which quite often, and plus that it has more experienced developers then Firestorm.

I have been trying to get Viper & Daemon's attention, by email and this forum here, but it didn't work so i decided to post it in public, because i know that Nostalrius is listening to it's players, i have talked to Warmane founder, Kaer Wolf and his answer is: If Nostalrius Staff members wish to contact me for a possible agreement, i am open to talk. (I can arrange the meeting via Skype)

I know you have a lot of options, a lot other private servers are trying to get your data, the choice is yours, i believe that Warmane is really the best choice out there. Feel free to share your opinions, that is my suggestion, helping my community by saving yours.

If you have decided, just contact me here in this forum, i will be checking my profile every day. Have a nice day everyone!
Last edited by Critically_1996 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Critically_1996
Tester

Re: Helping my community by saving yours.

by Noxm » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:22 pm

DISCLAIMER
Any server that advertises itself to have been given access to any of our data is providing false information and should be avoided. We will provide this information when the time comes and we alone will announce it. Note that we have not released any data yet and will not do so prior to announcing it. It's worth mentioning that being in contact with Nostalrius regarding said data does not make you, or any other server favored above others and should not be advertised as such. We feel that it's the player(s) that should inform themselves and make their own decision as to where to go. We also urge players to follow proper account security when joining new servers.

So your information about firestorm is false.

1. Number 1 mission of nostalrius is to change the mind of blizzard about Legacy Server, Why warmane not spread this petition : https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime- ... -community ?

The private server scene need to be bring together.

Warmane is afraid about his p2w business ?

2. If petition dont suceed Nostalrius will probably release their code in open-source :

Viper wrote:
With that said, as far as we are concerned, this amazing journey would not have been possible without the contribution of the open source World of Warcraft community, especially those who were behind MaNGOS. We believe that we significantly improved their code base, with several interesting algorithms (for example the ongoing work on clustering). For now, our source code may be release 30th of April (educational purposes only) in the hope that it will be useful, and that it may help developers understand how a big project like ours was handled from the inside. As we are not willing to help people that do bad things within World of Warcraft, all of the specific cheating / botting / gold seller / ... protection or detection systems we developed and polished during all this time will not be available on this public release. This date may be changed depending on the input provided by the overall feedback of legacy servers.

Regarding player related data, we settled on a strong algorithm to ensure data privacy for everyone. According to European laws, and foremost to our policy of privacy and personal data protection, you will have to explicitly choose to have your personal information included on the public data release if you wish so. More information regarding this part will be available next week, for both players and server makers willing to restore Nostalrius characters.

Source : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43600
Last edited by Noxm on Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Critically_1996 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:25 pm

Well didn't know that, however i am not advertising anything (As you can see, there are no links)
Warmane does not have pay to win, Lordaeron, the realm with 11k players it's very restricted. I have proof. And about the petition i have shared it.
Last edited by Critically_1996 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Critically_1996
Tester

by Noxm » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:27 pm

please link ? cause my post about nostalrius petition on Warmane forum had been delete in 1 min top chrono.

Edit first post
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Critically_1996 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:37 pm

Noxm wrote:please link ? cause my post about nostalrius petition on Warmane forum had been delete in 1 min top chrono.

By saying "I have shared it" i didn't mean, that i shared it on Warmane, i did on social groups, such as close friends and guild groups in facebook. You shouldn't really be sad because of Warmane forum moderators actions, that does not matter, since Kaer is up for talk.
Critically_1996
Tester

by Halcyon702 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:28 pm

Nice to have so many independently wealthy server admins out there willing to give back to the community in the time of need!
- The Ultimate Warlock -
Halcyon702
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:51 am

I think it's pretty clear that Daemon and Viper have no interest in rehosting the server.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Critically_1996 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:27 am

Dr. Doom wrote:I think it's pretty clear that Daemon and Viper have no interest in rehosting the server.

Well we cannot be sure about that, i believe that what they really want is Nostalrius back, without Blizzard wanting them to stop the server. I bring no hate, i respect everybody's opinion, of course, my community has some bad sides, but also a good ones. I know that this thread is against the rules of this forum, but let's be realistic, this is a disaster, i don't want to see how 100% bug fixed server with NO SHOP gets shutted down, and if there is a small chance, for this wonderful server to get back on line and start running to bring the fun, if it was me, i would just TAKE IT. Sometimes, rules are not that important. If i had some private server control, i would like to merge all the private server into one. Each expansion. I will be honest, i have never really played here, but i saw almost every youtube video by Nostalrius, and i enjoyed it, i don't want to see this server down. I want to save it.
Critically_1996
Tester

by Silverbeast » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:04 pm

Lets hope the Nost staff reading this at least. But lets be honest, the chance that Blizz is listen to us (or Nost staff) is very little. Yes, they have a PR disaster right now, but they cant give green light to Legacy servers. But warmane is p2w, so its not a good thing.
Silverbeast
Private
Private

by Critically_1996 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:15 pm

Silverbeast wrote:Lets hope the Nost staff reading this at least. But lets be honest, the chance that Blizz is listen to us (or Nost staff) is very little. Yes, they have a PR disaster right now, but they cant give green light to Legacy servers. But warmane is p2w, so its not a good thing.

A lot other private servers are p2w, and plus that, if your going to play 5.4.8, there is no such thing, the game itself cannot be p2w because of PvP power. A lot of Nost players went to Lordaeron(wotlk) and it's really, really shop restricted and legendary weapons are removed from this realm, thats why it's so populated, because of it's balance. You can get pretty much everything in-game, except legendaries due restrictions. I have played all of them, i have never donated for something visual, like games, and i play wow for quite long time, i have never experienced issues winning people that have some gear that's only available in shop (cata related, year ago)
Critically_1996
Tester

Next

Return to Suggestions