Meeting Stones as Summoning Stones

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Meeting Stones as Summoning Stones

by Ahuna » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:32 pm

Not totally against them, but not in favour or them either.

Remember that epic run as an Alliance to get to SFK?

Remember all that open world PvP just to get to a dungeon?

Good times.
Ahuna
Private
Private

by Beef » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:36 am

These need to be put in the game.

I can't tell you how much this would smooth out dungeon group coordination especially for people that do not know their way around quite yet.
"BIG DADDDDYYYYY BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFF!!!!"

-BDB
Beef
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Letalis » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:59 am

Hatson wrote:
Letalis wrote:How is it not part of "Blizzlike"? :shock:

Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006):
Meeting Stones now function similar to a Warlock Summon spell.

Just answered your own question there.

Oh, alright. I misunderstood the specifics of the discussion at hand. My apologies.

Well, if we're requesting something from 2.0.1 to be functioning in 1.12.1 - thus making it a custom feature, thus not "Blizzlike", I've got a couple of suggestions of my own:

-Dual Spec - Obvious reasons. Only Out of Combat and 10 min CD
-BG Port Out - Porting out of the BG sets you on the same spot you were before you accepted the queue pop, thus not teleporting you to the major city where you queued
-BG Queue Commands - A set of commands that lets you queue up for a BG from anywhere (Except for perhaps instances)
-XP Commands - Commands to increase XP rates up to x3
-Close Proximity - Only people within a few hundred yards of a boss, at death of said boss, show up in ML. Anyone that isn't within range, or present at the time of boss' death, is in no way (ML or FFA) eligible for loot
-Summon Lockdown - Summoning people from outside of a instance inside of it is impossible
-Resurrection Halved - Half the time on the debuff given by the Spirit Healer when taking the ress
-Unstuck - Make unstuck teleport you to a Inn your HS is set to, thus effectively giving you a 10 minute HS - Shares CD with actual HS

Might think of something more later on.

Let
Letalis
Grunt
Grunt

by Shaggoth » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:20 am

Letalis wrote:-Dual Spec[/b] - Obvious reasons. Only Out of Combat and 10 min CD

I don't think we'll get this one, because the respec cost a lot and is part of the economy to be Blizzlike
You should check viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51

Letalis wrote:-BG Port Out - Porting out of the BG sets you on the same spot you were before you accepted the queue pop, thus not teleporting you to the major city where you queued
-BG Queue Commands - A set of commands that lets you queue up for a BG from anywhere (Except for perhaps instances)

In the beta we could use them except in the enemy capitals, you can understand why but we still get TP where we queued

Letalis wrote:-XP Commands - Commands to increase XP rates up to x3

I can't answer this, it's up to the staff

Letalis wrote:-Close Proximity - Only people within a few hundred yards of a boss, at death of said boss, show up in ML. Anyone that isn't within range, or present at the time of boss' death, is in no way (ML or FFA) eligible for loot

Already working like this, I think you had to be engaged in combat

Letalis wrote:-Summon Lockdown - Summoning people from outside of a instance inside of it is impossible

Already working this way

Letalis wrote:-Resurrection Halved - Half the time on the debuff given by the Spirit Healer when taking the ress

Might not be a bad idea, as it is really easy to die while pexing

Letalis wrote:-Unstuck - Make unstuck teleport you to a Inn your HS is set to, thus effectively giving you a 10 minute HS - Shares CD with actual HS

Already working this way
Last edited by Shaggoth on Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
PRAISE THE SUN \ o /

Beta-tester :
Shaggoth - warrior tank
Drokhun - shaman heal
Morfodion - warlock unstuff

Soon to be :
<3 <3 <3 Bountyhunter - Hunter <3 <3 <3
http://kmod.free.fr/root/Vid%E9os/kevin.swf
Shaggoth
Grunt
Grunt

by Nyarko » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:26 am

Out of context :

Let,

No offense mate but what isn't part of blizzlike is seeing a member writing in blue ;)

I like your posts tho
<Phoenix>
Nyarko
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hatson » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:10 pm

Letalis wrote:
Oh, alright. I misunderstood the specifics of the discussion at hand. My apologies.

Well, if we're requesting something from 2.0.1 to be functioning in 1.12.1 - thus making it a custom feature, thus not "Blizzlike", I've got a couple of suggestions of my own:

-Dual Spec - Obvious reasons. Only Out of Combat and 10 min CD
-BG Port Out - Porting out of the BG sets you on the same spot you were before you accepted the queue pop, thus not teleporting you to the major city where you queued
-XP Commands - Commands to increase XP rates up to x3
-Close Proximity - Only people within a few hundred yards of a boss, at death of said boss, show up in ML. Anyone that isn't within range, or present at the time of boss' death, is in no way (ML or FFA) eligible for loot
-Summon Lockdown - Summoning people from outside of a instance inside of it is impossible
-Resurrection Halved - Half the time on the debuff given by the Spirit Healer when taking the ress
-Unstuck - Make unstuck teleport you to a Inn your HS is set to, thus effectively giving you a 10 minute HS - Shares CD with actual HS

Might think of something more later on.

Let

Wouldn't mind any of those, except for XP commands and Ressurection Halved. To me, those are just core things that should not be tinkered with. I don't like less punishment in a game. If you fuck up you should not be spared. At least that's my view on it.
And the XP thing is just my personal taste. I want everyone to experience the same deal. I can easily understand though why people want faster exp. But it's never been something I liked on servers. I want to keep it pure vanilla that factor.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Viper » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:17 am

The meeting stones ability to summon players have various impacts :
* it affects PvP interaction (Less players are moving in outdoor areas),
* it highlights player lasyness,
* it will make your character less healthy,
* can be taken as segregation regarding Warlocks who already got a spell for that.

That is why Meeting Stones won't be able to teleport players on Nostalrius Begins.
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

by Hatson » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:52 am

Alright looks like we have an answer then. I don't mind either way.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Martin » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:43 pm

Viper wrote:The meeting stones ability to summon players have various impacts :
* can be taken as segregation regarding Warlocks who already got a spell for that.

That is why Meeting Stones won't be able to teleport players on Nostalrius Begins.

Good!! Thankyou Viper. I simply cannot understand why people would like to change this glorious version of the game in so many bad ways, I'm glad you leave it as it is.
Martin
Private
Private

by Linc » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:27 pm

Viper wrote:The meeting stones ability to summon players have various impacts :

It was just a Suggestions

& PvP? There's alot ppl still running arround for Q's etc... Arn't there Battlegrounds for the PvP interaction?
"highlights player lasyness" ... Its lazy to not lisn to your community who it want and doesn't want.... They put it in TBC for a reason because lots of PVE players wanted it...
Less Healthy? You don't know how hard they already have it to raid! They are RAIDERZZ! :o
Warlocks can summon where they want, Summoning Stones only at dungeons. :(

You guys told me: "I can suggest you to post a new topic on our forum, and ask the question "who would like these stones to summon". Then, if a large majority, agrees, we may reconsider our position."
Linc
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions