PvE Open Beta Session Quests

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

PvE Open Beta Session Quests

by Imbaslap » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:50 pm

As stated above and announced today about the open PvE session for dungeon testing.
My question is, will the Dungeon quests be available during this event?
Some quests actually matter in regards to some of these dungeons.
the Sunken Temple quest with the Urn for summoning Hakkar inside that ring of bones in particular, as well as all the class quests in Sunken Temple too.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Re: PvE Open Beta Session Quests

by Demeroth » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:05 pm

My question is about level range of our characters. Will there be available in-game command for each player to change ours levels (1-60) + vendors with items for various levels? If no, in my opinion doing low level instances with lvl 60 characters (D2 geared) won't let us test scripts as good as intended - killing 25 lvl boss with 2 hits won't let us to test it phases or certain abilities.
Last edited by Demeroth on Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demeroth
Private
Private

by boltcrank » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:30 pm

agree totally with what you´re saying
boltcrank
Private
Private

by ranharle » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:17 am

How long will this test session be?
ranharle
Private
Private

by Avshar » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:52 am

Demeroth wrote:My question is about level range of our characters. Will there be available in-game command for each player to change ours levels (1-60) + vendors with items for various levels? If no, in my opinion doing low level instances with lvl 60 characters (D2 geared) won't let us test scripts as good as intended - killing 25 lvl boss with 2 hits won't let us to test it phases or certain abilities.

thats true, however, i doubt that you will actually find a full low lvl party for all these dungeons :( the test realm would have to be online for days for that, imho
...'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate...
Avshar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Demeroth » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:54 pm

Avshar wrote:thats true, however, i doubt that you will actually find a full low lvl party for all these dungeons :( the test realm would have to be online for days for that, imho

Not really, it would take few seconds to change your level and items for dungeon. I meant the command that allows you to change level from 1 to 60 endless times as long as server's up.
Demeroth
Private
Private

by Thrashing » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:00 pm

I'd agree that both of these suggestions would be worth looking into from Nostalrius' side to see if it's possible.
Regarding the changing your level and gear seperately for every available instance, it might require a lot of work from Nostalrius' team but I think it may be worth it in the end.

Avshar wrote:thats true, however, i doubt that you will actually find a full low lvl party for all these dungeons :( the test realm would have to be online for days for that, imho

Considering the activity during the first PvP test I wouldn't assume it's very difficult. Furthermore if this idea was implemented you could still go to these instances with a level 60 character if you were unable to find a group.
Personally I played with a group of ~15 friends in total, enough to fill 3 5-man groups, during the PvP beta and would welcome the opportunity to tone down my characters to appropriate levels for the instances to get a better feel for it.
Thrashing
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ranharle » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:21 pm

if you can freely change your level, what about your gear set, your talents, your spells.
all that have to change alongside with your level. You can't run dungeons with very bad gears, which means
there have to be multiple gear sets for several level ranges and it will be quite complex to implement properly.
ranharle
Private
Private

by Thrashing » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:29 pm

ranharle wrote:if you can freely change your level, what about your gear set, your talents, your spells.
all that have to change alongside with your level. You can't run dungeons with very bad gears, which means
there have to be multiple gear sets for several level ranges and it will be quite complex to implement properly.

I have limited knowledge about this, but I don't think talents or spells would be an issue. Nothing has to be changed in regards to talents and characters on the previous tests started with 1000g, which means that training spells is not an issue.

Making gear sets available is obviously the issue, but you don't need good gear for instances.
If Nostalrius is open to this suggestion then perhaps we can help them out as community as well in this regard. I am no expert in server management, scripting or databases. However if someone were to supply the item IDs for decent items(ets) for level 15/20/25/30/35/40/45/50 then I would imagine it would greatly decrease the amount of work for Nostalrius' team. If this would be the case, then I think they would only need to implement an NPC to distribute these items.

However, if it's completely up to the Nostalrius team to do this, then perhaps it is indeed not in their best interest to do so.
Thrashing
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Rhoen » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:59 pm

Demeroth wrote:My question is about level range of our characters. Will there be available in-game command for each player to change ours levels (1-60) + vendors with items for various levels? If no, in my opinion doing low level instances with lvl 60 characters (D2 geared) won't let us test scripts as good as intended - killing 25 lvl boss with 2 hits won't let us to test it phases or certain abilities.

A great idea, here is hoping they implement this feature for the test. One way would be to have NPC's outside the dungeon that set you to its level range, reset your talents and sell gear that is within that level range as well as other npc's there that teleport you to the other dungeons. Would be fairly simple for them to use.
Rhoen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Suggestions