World chat

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: World chat

by Engrave » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:07 pm

Sonday wrote:I'm opposed to a world chat. The reason is, I like the chat to reflect the environment I'm in. If I'm in the wild, I don't want to see a whole bunch of random chat. If I'm in a very crowded place, I want the chat to reflect that population.

You could argue that I could just turn the chat off if I'm out in the wild, but I don't like doing that. It just breaks the immersion more for me if I have to modify things like that.

Also, there is to much potential for trash talk and random topics can very easily run rampant on global chat.

Thanks. you handed me the words i was trying to find on the subject.
Engrave
Private
Private

by Gabgab » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:29 am

Sonday wrote:I'm opposed to a world chat. The reason is, I like the chat to reflect the environment I'm in. If I'm in the wild, I don't want to see a whole bunch of random chat. If I'm in a very crowded place, I want the chat to reflect that population.

man i wish there was a "/1 General" chat for every single zone in WoW!

crossfaction worldchat or bust, may turn it off once both factions reach 300+ on each side but not before that
Gabgab
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Demeroth » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:55 am

Haeryung wrote:I think world chat is fine as long as you can decide yourself if you want to join it or not.

Agree
Demeroth
Private
Private

by jvest24 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:52 pm

A global chat would be nice given our population won't be "blizzlike." And there was a global channel in vanilla for a little while. Anyone who played vanilla should remember global lfg spam.
jvest24
Tester

by Aquane » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:03 am

step 1: create a custom chat channel, call it World

step 2: tell all the players on your faction to join it via trade chat or guild chat

there you go, you have a world chat for your faction only, no interference or stress on the devs because its all done by the players
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Viper » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:31 am

Having an official server channel "World" which can be seen from any place for a faction will implies extra moderation from the Game Master team (plus the faction it's not blizzlike during Vanilla).

This channel will not exist on the server : players will have to manage it (as Aquane said above).
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

by blackhammer » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:53 am

To anyone who opposes the idea of world chat just turn it off, people who want it will join it... the end.
blackhammer
Tester

by Hatson » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Yeah like Aquane said we don't need any moderated "World Chat" - And how did people do it in Vanilla? Like Aquane said, the players just made their own World chat for their faction. And those who wanted world chat, joined that chat.
The same will without a doubt be done here just like people make chats on any other server. In fact, making chats for the people in-game should be encouraged for anyone, or any guild, or whatever it is you want that specific chat to be for. Advertise them on the forum in fact if you want to.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Mythodiir » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:02 am

Players can create chat channels in game, just do /join X , and the game will create that chat channel. Custom chat channels are accessible everywhere as long as you join them. The server itself shouldn't implement a world chat, but if the community really wants it, everyone can just /join world or /join global. It's really not that hard. Some vanilla servers had this, not most, but some. Also, obviously they're not cross-faction.
Mythodiir
Private
Private

by Enrage » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:32 pm

/cheer Aquane !
Beta tester: Ybric Mage // Troiskwet Warrior // Enrage Rogue
Enrage
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions