Keep inanimate objects inanimate!

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Keep inanimate objects inanimate!

by Zanzibar » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:56 pm

Hey there, once again I'd like to bring attention to something I've noticed on other servers that really hasn't seen alot of attention.

I am always disappointed when I open a quest item or some other inanimate object and receive this:

"Greetings, [Insert name here]!"

I don't know how difficult it would be to change all of these texts, but I think it would be a huge difference in the quality of the server. That being said, I care about the fine details. The obscure questlines and what not.

The amount of immersion through lore and other interesting information that has been lost to these texts makes me quite sad, but I hope that it is possible to restore these texts to what they should be.

Thanks for your time,
Zanzi
Zanzibar
Tester

Re: Keep inanimate objects inanimate!

by Avshar » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:24 pm

well we managed to fix this on one other private realm, as well as the thing, that you cant interact with quest items/things etc, unless you have the quest as they are not clickable. For example if you have to loot something, or interact with i dont know, lets say some chest on the ground, you can only click on it while having the quest. If you dont have the quest, you are not able to click on it.

the default mangos always brings everything interactable with the greetings scheme, however, its possible to fix and would be very nice to have it working properly.
...'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate...
Avshar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ghostly » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:14 am

Yeah, I wish this was fixed.
Also really wish that all the NPC's and such would have correct messages on right-click. Like class trainers telling you off unless they train your class, or some quest NPC's correctly changing their flavor text like they're supposed to. For example, the gnome in Booty Bay who you turn the robotic chicken quests to is supposed to be thanking you after you do all the quests for him, and on usual "scripted" servers he does it even if you didn't do a single quest.
all is now dark
Ghostly
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mythodiir » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:12 am

Avshar wrote:well we managed to fix this on one other private realm, as well as the thing, that you cant interact with quest items/things etc, unless you have the quest as they are not clickable. For example if you have to loot something, or interact with i dont know, lets say some chest on the ground, you can only click on it while having the quest. If you dont have the quest, you are not able to click on it.

the default mangos always brings everything interactable with the greetings scheme, however, its possible to fix and would be very nice to have it working properly.

I'm certain Nostalrius have probably fixed this already since anyone who's been on default mangos knows this, but in every private server I've played on, the Elementals meant for Shaman class quests are visible to everyone. I know it's small, but it's such a special part of playing a Shaman, to drink the Saptas and see what were previously invisible elementals. I always thought, shouldn't they only be visible if you have the buff you get from drinking the Saptas? Anyway, I just felt like sharing this, I'm certain Nostalrius are very much aware of that very obvious issue.
Mythodiir
Private
Private

Return to Suggestions