Regarding 1x Experience Rate.

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Regarding 1x Experience Rate.

by Insignia » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Viper wrote:Please refer to the FAQ.

What is the rate ?
Rate will be like on retail : x1 for experience, gold, etc.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3

Why do you think I made this thread?
It was regarding exactly that, and suggesting how you could attract to much wider audience by adding a small and simple feature. That should not affect the current audience whom enjoys 1x.

If you're pointing towards that it's not up for discussion or change, you're making a horrible mistake.
As you're withholding the potential the server has and what it could become.

I would have figured current projects would have learned from what Quality Gaming did and how it created
one of the biggest hypes that any server have ever had, by attracting a very wide audience through simple features what I suggested that was a major factor.

And it's somewhat ironic since this previously a instant 60 server to be so deadlined on the small 1x audience and those who can endure it, rather than attracting as many audiences as you can.

I REALLY urge you to re-consider, Viper.
I've been in the scene for 8 years, and been apart of countless other projects.
Don't walk this tiny path blindfoldedly, and not realize what this server potentially could become.
Rogue God
Insignia
Grunt
Grunt

by Kratuzov » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:55 pm

We are here because it was advertised that it will be 1x as with other blizzlike options. You came here with knowledge it will be 1x. Why you want to change it now? If you want server with 1x-xx there is Feenix for you and some other servers. We, most people in here, want to have as much blizzlike experience as we can get, as we were told it will be here.

EDIT: I dont know how others, but i choose server by description of that server. At first i read about it - all rates drops etc everything. Then I pick server that is best suited for me. There is description about Nos on plenty places. You knew WHERE are you going and for what are you waiting.
Kratuzov
Sergeant
Sergeant

by mrmr » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:05 pm

it sure makes sense...
...spending countless hours fixing quests/events/drops/etc...

...and then, give out a x3, so you could skip all the "fixed" content (grinding).

You must be genius.
I'm not root of myself.
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Insignia » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:13 pm

mrmr wrote:it sure makes sense...
...spending countless hours fixing quests/events/drops/etc...

...and then, give out a x3, so you could skip all the "fixed" content (grinding).

You must be genius.

I said either 1-2x or 1-3x.
As 3x may allow players to skip entire zones. I've edited, reflecting on the matter.

1-2x will be enough to please a wider audience than default, and it would serve as a middlemaker
between those who religiously praise 1x, and those who can't stand 1x and wants a little bit faster leveling experience, due to the countless times previously progressed through the content.

2x would just work as a compromise to get ALL the other potential players into the wagon, not just the small group of people, who desires a flat out 1x experience rate.

And it wouldn't be enforced onto anything nor anybody, it would still be 1x rate by default. 2x rate would remain OPTIONAL.
Rogue God
Insignia
Grunt
Grunt

by Xadas » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:39 pm

this won't happen. everyone wants 1x. the few that dont get shit on in their forum posts. see this whole thread, and many others.
if you don't want to lvl as the default 1x, maybe this server isnt for you.
go back to your custom rates servers and powerlevel there.

Leveling has never been an issue. you can get to 60 in 4 days No-lifing it.
Just put the time in, like everyone else; and you'll feel better about your char. why do you think this game took off? Having to put that amount of time into your character gives you a sense of pride and accomplishment.

anyways, custom experience rates would mean that certain professions "E.G. Alchemy" won't be worth as much later on when everyone has that lvl 35 lock/hunter alt that can make most of the things you need and transmute your crystals
Xadas
Grunt
Grunt

by Agency » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:06 pm

Perhaps the "hype" about this server is not as big as it could be because theirs no option for a open minded guy like Insignia. His idea of 1-2x is actually going to attract a bigger audience, and u cant tell me that this feature will make all u 1x people leave Nostalrius.
The potentional is bigger with minor modifications than it is with 1x.

Just wat he's saying here.. theirs been too many 1x servers .. reaching 200 players.
Take Q-gaming, Scriptcraft, they had 1-2x rates 1500+ players at launch.

Just saying... if u want "blizzlike" u need 1k+ players on ur realm.

Term blizzlike can't be reached if the population isn't as high as blizzard's servers.

PS. not everyone at this 'age' which we're aiming at. Because trust me current WoD, Mist players are not 20+ most of the time. I have more things todo in life than nolife 4 days to reach level 60.
Nostalgia is my addiction.
Agency
Private
Private

by Insignia » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:17 pm

Xadas wrote:this won't happen. everyone wants 1x. the few that dont get shit on in their forum posts. see this whole thread, and many others.
if you don't want to lvl as the default 1x, maybe this server isnt for you.
go back to your custom rates servers and powerlevel there.

Leveling has never been an issue. you can get to 60 in 4 days No-lifing it.
Just put the time in, like everyone else; and you'll feel better about your char. why do you think this game took off? Having to put that amount of time into your character gives you a sense of pride and accomplishment.

anyways, custom experience rates would mean that certain professions "E.G. Alchemy" won't be worth as much later on when everyone has that lvl 35 lock/hunter alt that can make most of the things you need and transmute your crystals

No, you do not speak for everyone else. Stop claiming to do so.
How can you sit with a straight face and call 1-2x the term of powerlevel?

This game took off because they took a genre "MMORPG" that had a community of the minority in the gaming industy and represented it to the majority, so this game was the first MMORPG experience for millions of people. This is even explained inside the Blizzard Documentary: Looking For Group on YT.

People would get the profession reagents anyway, because time spent on professions is actually exactly the same for 1x rates as it would be for 2x rates.

Profits on AH are almost non-existent during the first week and so is the demand as people cling on to every silver they posess. While yes people will start using the AH, but it has always been a lot less popular as people do vendor pretty much everything.
Rogue God
Insignia
Grunt
Grunt

by Kratuzov » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:40 pm

So tell me what are you doing here on Nostalrius where we have 1x xp rate and others things, and why you are not on Freenix where u can have 1x-8x xp rate??? why are you here trying to break game for US, people that want game as it was before few years, when you can go on server where it is exactly as you like it? There is no server with 1x xp rate. There are plenty of servers with bigger xp rate.
Kratuzov
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Insignia » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:03 pm

Kratuzov wrote:So tell me what are you doing here on Nostalrius where we have 1x xp rate and others things, and why you are not on Freenix where u can have 1x-8x xp rate??? why are you here trying to break game for US, people that want game as it was before few years, when you can go on server where it is exactly as you like it? There is no server with 1x xp rate. There are plenty of servers with bigger xp rate.

I'm here because of quality of scripts / working content, and because the server has great potential.

How is this breaking the game for you? There will still be 1x, but with an optional 2x rate for those who want a little bit faster experience. "Us", why are so many of you claiming to literally speak for everyone else in the community? This is ONLY your individual opinions as minority who seeks and enjoys the 1x experience, the problem is you don't understand that opinions are like assholes - every person has one. Your argument is only based on emotions and how you PERSONALLY as an individual feel, you are missing the bigger picture. There is actually a very large portion of the player base, who has a very different view on this matter.

There are plenty of 1x rate vanilla servers out there, but they're all struggling with population for a particular reason. They're attracting a minority out of the wide audience in the scene by exclusively having only 1x exp rate.

The purpose of this is to attract a majority of that wide audience in the scene, instead of only a small minority.

As I've stated numerous of times now, the OPTIONAL rate shouldn't affect you. If you're bothered by that people have the OPTION to level a bit faster than default/what you choose being 1x, then you are the problem.
Rogue God
Insignia
Grunt
Grunt

by Rhoen » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:14 pm

Insignia while I respect your opinion I'd prefer 1x only =), personally I came here with the hopes that it would be more difficult etc.
Rhoen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions