About leveling rates

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: About leveling rates

by Switchblade » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:42 pm

/tar zetox
/bow
Switchblade
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Azalus » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:20 pm

Switchblade wrote:you really don't know what you are talking about.

X1 rates are blizzlike, higher rates aren't.

I won't even bother to explain why, people who cry for higher rates don't give a fuck.

If you think wow leveling is a shitty road, you should go play league of legends or something else.

It sure is easy to not say anything worthwhile and bash someone.
Azalus
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Azalus » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:42 pm

Zetox wrote:
Spending time on your character is fundamental feature on vanilla whether it's leveling or gearing up. You're suggesting destroying the antecedent time to allow more time on the consequent.

Which is precisely parallel towards what Blizzard imported into the expansions exponentially growing within the paradigm of preparation and mechanics.
Less preparation but MORE mechanics. But isn't that why people play vanilla wow??
Because the more time you prepare on something the more important it becomes to you.
It's an age old principle that's not going anywhere; and I hope Nos keeps it that way! :)

You want to modify the 1.12 experience? Fair enough Nos is already doing it to try and bring us back to 1.1 which is a huge task in and of itself but I think is commendable!

I don't think that 'time leveling' is the primary cause of population like you seem to suggest; rather the quality of the server which includes things not limited but like (scripting, community, staff involvement).

I understand that it takes away from the vanilla experience, but I'm making the point that there are a huge number of people that aren't interested in the leveling portion of the vanilla experience, and that it can do the exact opposite, and keep people away from a server. I don't care if my opinion sounds like something Blizzard did to their game. They made the one we are trying to emulate, so clearly they're not the worst thing to be compared to. Every time someone uses the word "blizzlike" what they should be saying is "not blizzlike, but what we thought was a good snapshot of blizzard." Adjusting the experience rate isn't changing the game into anything close to what retail is now. LFR and LFD did that, cross realm functions did that, arenas, dailies, everything that turned the game into a "do this every day and you'll never need to actually try to accomplish things" did that. There is no real interaction between people, there isn't the closeness of server communities, it's just been universally turned into a solo-able game. Experience rates are a tiny portion of that, and don't keep you from seeing the same people around, or having to actually talk to people in order to accomplish common goals.

Private server communities are generally small. You see the same people, run dungeons with them, trade with them, and hang out with them. Leveling slightly faster WITH THEM isn't going to turn the game into retail.

Both Nostalrius and Kronos are doing everything they can to get the upper hand, but I KNOW that if one of them had even x2 experience that would go a long way in getting players NOT JUST from the other server, but also from Feenix, Valkyrie, Rebirth, Vengeance, take your pick.

Warsong on Feenix is one of the highest populated vanilla servers in existence, and it has been for the last 4-5 years. They have higher experience rates, mediocre scripting, and the overall shittiness of being Feenix. However, it's not hard for people to jump in and be able to start experiencing content, which is why their population has been able to stay functional. Don't get me wrong, it's an awful server and I have never, and will never play it, but... it shows that there is a huge market for higher xp rate servers.

If you don't think that the leveling in vanilla is a hindrance, especially for players who already have high leveled characters on other servers, then we'll never be able to come to any kind of understanding. That should be something that everyone knows and acknowledges. Leveling in vanilla is long and tedious.

People like leveling at x1, and people don't. HOWEVER, I'm pretty sure that both of those groups of people are mostly interested in the level 60 content, so why not have that be the main focus.

I don't think Nostalrius is going to change. I don't think Kronos is going to change. I know and understand why no one will change, but I don't think the reasons are good.
Azalus
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Switchblade » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:59 pm

people who don't like leveling at x1 should go play some league of legends, instead of losing their time asking to pull down a so nice server with non blizzlike rates

Nostalrius staff won't change the rates, since there's no valuable reason to change it, so get over it...
Last edited by Switchblade on Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Switchblade
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Azalus » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:02 am

Switchblade wrote:people who don't like leveling at x1 should go play some league of legends, instead of losing their time asking to pull down a so nice server with non blizzlike rates

peace

This may have even had less substance than your last post.

/bravo
Azalus
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Switchblade » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:03 am

why I should bother to be constructive.

This subject have been discussed hundred times.

what you said have've been heard many times before, you brought nothing new.
Switchblade
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Keftenk » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:13 am

Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Azalus » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:24 am

Switchblade wrote:why I should bother to be constructive.

This subject have been discussed hundred times.

what you said have've been heard many times before, you brought nothing new.

Even if the topic has been discussed before, and what I've posted has been seen before, then you should be able to either let it be and not worry about it, or point us in the direction of replies to my arguments.

You're probably only doing yourself harm when you post childish responses to topics that people are obviously still debating over.
Azalus
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hatson » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:07 am

This again?

PS - Just a light-hearted jab. I have nothing else to add. :)
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Keftenk » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:12 am

Lol
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext