Forget the recover of old lvl 60

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Forget the recover of old lvl 60

by Chaton » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:54 am

Hi guys,

My english is really not perfect but i ll try to do my best here.
Just a suggestion, like the tittle said : "Forget recover of old lvl 60", and i got few lvl 60 here, with (i think) a good stuff.
This recover is not fair for the new people who want to play here and that afraid them. I think enough people start to be interest to this project. We dont need old beta player waiting for recovered her character.

Tell me what you think about that, can you tell if there will be some vote or something ?

Thx.
Chaton
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Forget the recover of old lvl 60

by Jeniaxx » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:17 am

For how long haven't you been playing on NR Chaton? 1 year or 2? Well... what about someone saying the same on the server you currently play?

Then, I don't understand what is unfair : the staff said it will need at least 6 months to get back our characters but we are several to rely on something more or less like 1 year. Then, don't you think newcommers will have a much better stuff than our frozen characters? From that side, I don't see it as a threat...
No need to remember you, I think, that the Beta was already Blizzlike : cooldowns (e.g. : arcanite, mooncloth...) were Blizzlike, raids ID were Blizzlike. And for the raid loots, from my personal experience as I use to be in the 1st downs in AQ20 (last raid opened and played on NR), I can tell that until all the bugs haven't been reported and until the staff hasn't decided that "yes the boss is Blizzlike", there was no loot and no reputation gain, so from that side, no cheat also.

Anyway, I'm starting to be bored with that old characters issue (for remembering, the server is still not released) and I find more relevant to proceed step by step:
1) the server opens
2) let's wait for the criterias to be met and then, let's see who from the Beta players are still playing in NR. from there, we could start debate; but now, I feel it's more like a loss of time than anything else....

So far with that and I hope it will close the beta players parenthesis.

Thanks
Want to play Horde,have fun and clean the PVE content within a guild with strong ambitions ?
If YES then send us your application here http://rid-nostalrius.wowlaunch.com or contact Hatson, Kratu, Slaede or Althros IG
Jeniaxx
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Chaton » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:16 am

It's unfair and all the old beta player know that. Grind to the rank 10-13 on a serv where the competition (pvp) is nonexistent and try on serv with 2k+ player (in same time) and tell me how much easier is it.

Then for answer, im playing since the begining of the serv (Beta) Nothing was openned at this time (PVE). And i dont play currently, im waiting for CC and maybe a old vanilla serveur.

Dont worry i like my old caracter, but what im try to tell you is people dont know if they want to play on Nostalrius or Kronos and with thing like "recover old character" the choise will be really fast. I know how some people obtained her gear, it's not fair, end of history.

Like i already said, that thing afraid people. You need to notice that issue. We all want a fresh start. No one want to spend time on a server who already plane to be unfair.

Thanks and sorry again for that english
Chaton
Grunt
Grunt

by Sélenne » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:29 am

We don't even know if pvp gear will be recovered, just stop to speculate about things we are not facing yet..

The only thing we know is that Daemon doesn't want to allow character recovery before " at last 6 months " but when we look the timeline, we know that with the increased difficulty and the release of raids after x months etc, it will take more than 1 year.

Moreover, the staff said that thoses recoveries will be done under strict restrictions. I am sure that PVP is one of them.
<Raid is Dead> Horde side guild
Slade - Orc Warlock
-----------------------------
Sélenne
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Chaton » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:40 am

It's not only about pvp gear. I dont want to say more about some issue like the old gear. I just like to have a real answer of the staff, can you tell if there will be some vote or something ?

And for more unfair stuff : when u played on the beta u was instant 55. That's unfair too. Why people can recovery a tons of count with lvl 60 (with tailoring-enchanting etc..) against new player who only x1 XP. etc...

I have a Ragnaros end on my war, and i farmed a lot on this server for that. (But i try to be objectiv)

Thanks
Chaton
Grunt
Grunt

by Sélenne » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:51 am

They said character recovery will be enable only if " the community agrees " viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39&start=10
Slade - Orc Warlock
Sélenne
Sergeant
Sergeant

by sshroud » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:13 pm

I'm personally against free level 60s in any way or form, but I can understand why some of you veterans would want it. I hope many of you are going to make new characters instead so I can meet you in the leveling process.
sshroud
Grunt
Grunt

by Sélenne » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:19 pm

That's what us ( Raid is Dead ) plan to do, we are all ready to make a new start ;)
Slade - Orc Warlock
Sélenne
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Myrulz » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:01 pm

this is not fair that guys who spend 3 years on this serv to make it doesn t get back they characters... we will wait for new players to play the game we love while they enjoying all the work that belong to us. so close this thread it s bullshit
Myrulz
Private
Private

by Drain » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:57 pm

I put a lot of thought into this concern, refraining from ever commenting about it until I was sure about my stance. I haven't played on the server before, but I can easily understand if someone has. If someone has already leveled 1-60, not instant level up, I don't see an issue with them getting the character back. But I would suggest that equipment have some kind of cut off. If your character had a bunch of purples from high PvP ranks or raiding; that's no good at a server's start.

A solution is just start you out in blues at 60; that should be enough of a recovery, skipping levels and the dungeon farming. Chaton made a good point about PvP ranks, and the same logic can certainly apply to raiding. If no one on the server has beaten MC yet, it doesn't make sense for you to appear out of no where with BWL equipment that shouldn't exist yet. If no one has even entered MC yet, the same can be said about MC gear. Skipping to level 60 and already having high end blue equipment should be enough IMO.

The alternative would be delaying the recovery until other players have obtained that level of equipment naturally so you don't appear with it before anyone could have obtained it. But now you're choosing between a faster weaker recovery, or a longer stronger recovery. Nostalrius said they don't want to do a recovery that will disrupt regular play. This translates to me as everything I just said, and 2 ways they could go about doing it. I believe they might be going with a progressive recovery, so if your character has equipment from boss X, then they might wait until that boss has been killed by the server before recovering.

But I don't believe any character should be recovered unless it was actually leveled 1-60, not instantly 60. People that speak about recoveries don't mention which one. Hasn't the server done both at one point or another?
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Suggestions