Forget the recover of old lvl 60

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Forget the recover of old lvl 60

by Askental » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:33 pm

First of all, it is only speculations at this point, but if we have to wait until the same gear is available to get our characters back, then it's going to take way longer than 6 months, kids...

Some of us have gear from AQ20, which is only going to be available after the war effort is done (again, yay!), which will only begin 2 months after BWL is cleared, which will only begin 2 months after MC is cleared by some raid split across all the timezones in the world, in T0 gear. We are talking about a very long period of time here. Of course, that is if the announced timeline is kept. Needless to say, I believe this timeline is a big mistake, but apparently that's just me.

Anyway by that time, we will have maybe... 20 eligible people still playing? And we are talking about characters that, for the most part, don't even have a complete T1 gear. Sure, some of them have better gear but they are all gone today, chances are they won't even claim their characters because they are done with WoW. This is not going to change anything to the server, at all. There will be plenty of T2 and R14 gear everywhere by that time.

I started playing here in 2011 and was never told that every single thing I would do was going to be deleted at some unannounced date. I do not remember if "beta" was even written somewhere, but to be honest it was not clear at all that these years were "testing" in any way. It was just a server like any other. There was no way to know if the "official release" had happened or not. Because it did not matter. There was no plan for several years. Except for Daemon, the entire staff changed... Then we were given something like a two weeks notice this summer when they asked the community "hey what if we tried to do an official release because everything else failed to attract new players and we did not try that card yet?". And we agreed because we were told we would get the characters back. The server was supposed to be "frozen" (as in, saved, locked in time) for "a month or two" at first.

Of course we all want new players, and I'm indeed happy that you get to experience the quality of this server. Sincerely, it's amazing. Welcome, enjoy. But I do not really appreciate that now I'm basically being told to fuck off, especially by people who did not do anything here yet. Indeed it is the work of the developers but the server would not be here, about to (re)open, without the now called "beta" players either... Sure, private servers are unreliable, but if I was told everything I achieved here was going to be deleted, I would simply have played on any other server and would still have all my crap.

Really, I believe deleting everything would be extremely unfair to "beta" players. That is not at all what we agreed on this summer. And no, I don't want a lvl 60 char in shitty blue gear either, thanks tho! I have played this game for 10 years and have been on this server since 2011 and it does not even take me a month to get from lvl 1 to a complete T0, that does not compare at all. On the other hand, I would be happy to wait until MC is cleared, and then pay 1k in gold per character for example, but I would rather not wait 3 more years because I happen to have an ugly pair of boots from AQ20... This way, nobody (re)appears with a nice gear out of thin air. People who get their old characters will be the ones who are still active here. And if you do not want Superchaton back, don't claim her, receive a super exclusive VIP shirt instead or something. Simple as that. In these conditions, new players would have a complete T1 gear before I even get the chance to buy my own stuff back. Is that really too much to ask for?

I will be Butthurt the troll, nice to meet you all.
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Myrulz » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:46 pm

learn to read plz character will be deblocked when the gear pvp and pve will be reach enough... how is that a problem. they will be blocked until this.
Myrulz
Private
Private

by SanderP » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:49 pm

Of course it's "unfair", so it's unfair to have a totally bugged vanilla realm. Just reward those guys with their characters a half year - year in, what's the matter?
Jealousy is so ugly sometimes, I don't care what others got, better watch for myself.
Flavie, 60 Hunter
Illusion, 60 Rogue
Star, 43 Paladin
<The Council>
SanderP
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Skeutch » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:21 pm

Stop cry for ur old crap char.

IMO after BWL Clean we can have ur char's, most avanced player on beta are stuff BWL/r12+, when most avanced new player's have same gear, staff can unlock all old char, not before.

Srly why unstuff player whine on their char?
Skeutch
Tester

by kahari » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:47 pm

On a personal level it doesn't bother me - 6 months is a good chunk of time and it doesn't sound like a huge population of people will be restoring. I very much like the idea of a restore that only gives dungeon blues (which is still a huge head start for a new character).

But on a more practical level - going through with this is going to be a PR problem for the server. Even now on other forums when I hear about Nostalrius, people say "Oh yeah I heard about that server but they are allowing old character restores, no thanks".
kahari
Grunt
Grunt

by Myrulz » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:52 pm

and all the guys who want their char back will probably wait their char by creating new reroll for fun and see where this start is going so i don t even see a problem here -_-
See you in BG
Myrulz
Private
Private

by chocochip95 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:40 pm

To be honest, i just can't wait to play on a proper server that's scripted. If i can't recover my old char i will be sad, of course, but oh well! :) Think of it this way. Nostalrius is dead. Nostalrius Begins is a totally different server. Better, new and improved.
Xlydren - Troll Hunter <Raid Is Dead>
Siegfried - Human Paladin <Opera De Siegfried>
chocochip95
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Chaton » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:27 pm

Yeah i dont understand, eather with people who said : "6 month is enough". No is not, in 6 month there will NEVER have people who clean BWL (with the 1-60 and the timeline of the server)

It's not about my char, i never get pvp gear or in non-scripted boss and i start play like 4 years ago on this server. What im thinking is just all this guys, they dont take part of this new fresh start serveur, then spam and ask for some chars. Im sorry they dont deserve it, i think the "futur" community can vote or not. But you have to notice that issue : "A tons of people dont want to join a serv who players with any doubt will recover her char back, with no real condition."

I dont know the staff can maybe be more clear on this subject, like :

"For recover the old chars back, u need to grind 1-60 on the new server and only MC gear will be available when this one will be clear. And you can just recover 1 Chars."

It's an example, but i'm sure if new guys see a real strict line for this issue, this one will be resolved.

Anyway was my 2 cents, but i think its an important point, and people cant just said : "Hey i played on a server with 30ppl co in same time, now i want a 2k, but gimme my char and all my account FTW !"

And in other hand (BTW), i dont think planed a 2x XP on week-end it's a good idea, if u want to spend time to 1-60 then u dont need a "EXTRA XP WEEK-END for the level 10-30" how blizzlike is it ? (and i HATE leveling (i really HATE that SOOOOO mutch)) but seriously it's more like the staff said : "hey, we want to created an useless non-blizzlike event on a server to claimed be blizzlike".

<3 love, boys and girls.
Chaton
Grunt
Grunt

by Myrulz » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:45 pm

please read FAQ before posting

The Nostalrius beta testers will NOT get their characters at server launch. We want the server to be launched like real retail vanilla servers used to be, where everybody has to start from level 1. The old beta characters could still be imported, but under several hard conditions. This importation should not alter the PvE or PvP progression, should not change the server economy balance, nor come with an sense of injustice from other players. We rather think that it could bring back a lot of old Nostalrius players (more than 20.000 accounts !).
Anyway, these characters will stay unusable a long time after the release (and their names will be reusable).

so to retrieve your character with r12? t2 ? that s mean that people must have clean bwl and a 2 or 3 R12 are already reached on the serveur. There no 6 month. we will have back our characters when people will have the same stuff as us...
Myrulz
Private
Private

by Chaton » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:17 pm

Myrulz wrote:please read FAQ before posting

Already read of course, it's not clear enough, i understand that you absolutely want to recover your char dude, but you're not objective. Do you prefer play on server with only 30 connected in the same time and your old char or a new fresh serveur with 2k co and "maybe" your char but with more condition and no pvp Gear (sorry for you, but it's sad to be R12 on serv with only warsong and 60 connected in same time) This gear can't be available on this new "real" serv.

You need to do concession.

EDIT : Btw we all know that 20k account are not real. not at all. (i mean they are maybe 20k, but how mutch are just "Bank" or just lvl 55 or reroll account for multi-count. - In the real case i think the recover cant touch more then 200 different guys)
Chaton
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions