Quest lines - are they complete?

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Quest lines - are they complete?

by NerZhulen » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:52 pm

I have a question for the admins about quests. Completing quests is major part of what I find fun about wow. There are few very long and excelent quest lines (like: http://db.wowascension.com/?quest=1022), many of them ending in some dungeon. My question is are they all working? because on other private servers you often find the chain bugged, unable to be completed.
NerZhulen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Quest lines - are they complete?

by apollan » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:51 pm

Agree with you mate. Without working quest chains, the game won't feel complete. On a side note, a video showcasing Nostalrius's working low-level content would be a great way to attract more players. Low-level content is as important, if not more than 60 content. After all, that's what players are gonna see first.
apollan
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Drain » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:41 am

Hope they are all complete. Most servers don't bother properly scripting a lot of quests or complex chains and events. Their solution is to just give you an XP boost so you can level easier without needing to do any of them. It's the lazy "who gives a crap" solution.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by SHikarii » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:51 am

apollan wrote:After all, that's what players are gonna see first.

This.
SHikarii
Tester

by Osiris » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:59 am

So, what is the suggestion that is being made here? :)
I imagine the Nostalrius team does want to make all questlines complete, so the only thing that helps is to go out there find buggy quests and report them.
Osiris
Grunt
Grunt

by chocochip95 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:05 am

from when i played, nearly all of the quests that i did were scripted :)
Xlydren - Troll Hunter <Raid Is Dead>
Siegfried - Human Paladin <Opera De Siegfried>
chocochip95
Sergeant
Sergeant

by NerZhulen » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:03 am

Osiris wrote:So, what is the suggestion that is being made here? :)
I imagine the Nostalrius team does want to make all questlines complete, so the only thing that helps is to go out there find buggy quests and report them.

suggestion is, make the damn quests done :D

chocochip95 wrote:from when i played, nearly all of the quests that i did were scripted :)

this can mean 1 out of 10 quests is bugged, which makes the game fucked up...
NerZhulen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Peacebringer » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:34 pm

It would be a mindblast and great attraction to players if they could achive :"We are the first private server who fixed and scripted all quests" :). Nostalrius should not forget that other private servers are aiming for that goal, Kronos for example on it's website has status bar which is showing how many quests they need to finish to reach 100% of working quests, here is their development progress page as proof http://www.kronos-wow.com/development-progress/
Peacebringer
Sergeant
Sergeant

by chocochip95 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:09 pm

this can mean 1 out of 10 quests is bugged, which makes the game fucked up...

No, they are practically all scripted, didn't you read what i said..?
Xlydren - Troll Hunter <Raid Is Dead>
Siegfried - Human Paladin <Opera De Siegfried>
chocochip95
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Osiris » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:09 am

What's up with the Alliance quest line in Feralas where you free some sprite darters and get one as a pet? Actually I haven't seen even one private server implementing it right.
Osiris
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Suggestions