(4) Public Image and More!

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

(4) Public Image and More!

by Askental » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:20 am

Since it takes quite a bit of time and effort to try and figure out how good any x1 rates server is, only few players actually try them in game and most just look at the website to get an impression of what it would be like. The website has been online for something like two months now and except for the short testing sessions, it is the only way to "see" the server at the moment. But it is completely empty and neglected so far. Some important feedback was given but ignored. Sure, the parallax looks good, but its emptiness makes the server look bad... It is the server public image and this needs to be worked on too, especially now, as more and more people get curious about joining.

Where is the release teaser? Any announcement and date? Where is the logo? Is there a logo at all? The "Find out more" button only gives one irrelevant info, etc... Of course a lot of stuff is written in the forum but not everyone will go there and dig for info, sadly!

So my suggestion concerning this point is simply to put someone in charge of it! Anyone really, but preferably someone who handles only the communication between players and staff : website development and some forum management. (Stickies, Off Topic?, answering more topics, ... Nothing big, but stuff like that would be nice too.)

With the release being so soon, I feel like we already missed several steps regarding the website, and this is increasingly important now. And as the community keeps growing, more and more forum work will have to be done too. I don't see this role being useless anytime soon.
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: (4) Public Image and More!

by Kill » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:57 am

I agree with all suggested aspects (1-4) and truly believe that they might increase the challenge and community behavior in a positive way. And this being only very small adjustments, no essential changes in game mechanics etc. For me, it seems to be well thought - core experience untouching! - additions to the game experience. Point 3. could be handled with twich/yt videos and in the forum, without specific server adjustments. Also I think there should be no rewards ;)
Regarding point four, I agree with you and this issue was already discussed in so many places here and development is needed. I hope since Viper addressed this issue in the announcement, changes are soon coming, although they are already to late.

/Edit: Sorry for summing up all posts in one go.
Kill
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hatson » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:37 am

100% Agreed.

But I'm sure this will be addressed very soon the next days or weeks.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by James Goblin » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:56 am

The answer is very simple, since server can´t handle more than 3 000 players simultaneously, they decided to keep newcomers "in the dark" :lol:

On a serious note, I 110% agree with you. Also (there is even a thread about it here somewhere...edit: found it, credits to Kill ! A Beginner´s Guide - how to download etc. - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=638) we need big shiny red button leading to Beginner´s Guide. You know, answering typical questions such as "Where to download...?", "How to subscribe?" etc.

Getting started on Nos should be made very easy, in order not to "bleed subs" even before release.
James Goblin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Gelbin » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:11 am

I 100% agree as well. As I work in visual communicaton, I know how important this is. Compared to some other projects, nos looks good. But not good enough to the new players. You've already mentioned what could be improved.
"I won't stand for that!" - Gelbin Mekkatorque
Gelbin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:23 pm

+1
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Askental » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:39 pm

Kill wrote:I agree with all suggested aspects (1-4) and truly believe that they might increase the challenge and community behavior in a positive way. And this being only very small adjustments, no essential changes in game mechanics etc. For me, it seems to be well thought - core experience untouching! - additions to the game experience. Point 3. could be handled with twich/yt videos and in the forum, without specific server adjustments. Also I think there should be no rewards ;)
Regarding point four, I agree with you and this issue was already discussed in so many places here and development is needed. I hope since Viper addressed this issue in the announcement, changes are soon coming, although they are already to late.

/Edit: Sorry for summing up all posts in one go.

Thank you! And you are right about the third part, but little additions to the server would have a positive impact imho. But sure, we could do it "manually" too :D

James Goblin wrote:On a serious note, I 110% agree with you. Also (there is even a thread about it here somewhere...edit: found it, credits to Kill ! A Beginner´s Guide - how to download etc. - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=638) we need big shiny red button leading to Beginner´s Guide. You know, answering typical questions such as "Where to download...?", "How to subscribe?" etc.

Getting started on Nos should be made very easy, in order not to "bleed subs" even before release.

Yes! Even hosting one clean 1.12 client here, eventually addons too, or various tutorials would only get the server more traffic from the other communities as well...
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Envy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:09 am

Like everyone else here, I completely agree with this.
It's something incredibly important & you shouldn't wait any longer.
Envy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Madoc » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:35 am

Main page has now been updated
You know.
Madoc
Grunt
Grunt

by Funkyou » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:44 am

Agreed with all the 4 suggestions
– When you come at the King you best no miss.
Funkyou
Private
Private

Next

Return to Suggestions