Bonus honor for very long AVs

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Bonus honor for very long AVs

by Askental » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:35 am

I would just add that imho the bonus should not be applied "for every hour that passes" but "for every hour that you spent in it". Otherwise you will get players receiving a large amount of honor after 5 minutes because they just happened to join before the seventh hour of the battle, for example. Especially problematic if the bonus is only distributed at victory: one could stay in for 6 hours before leaving and receive nothing but a deserter mark, while the next guy could get a ton of honor for fighting only the last hour or so...
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Moxey » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:35 pm

no thanks, av is fine as it is. Big battles are just for fun not for honor grind.
Moxey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Strife » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:19 pm

5 minute tower rush into who can pull & kill the warmasters/boss faster it is then, so fun!

40 Hordes and Alliance mounting past each other at the field of strife to instead kill pve npc's with no players defending them because there is no reward in defending. Player defense is what draws out AV games and actually adds any pvp to the map. Or you know, we could just have 10 games of WSG running instead. :lol:
Strife
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Moxey » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:11 pm

Strife wrote:5 minute tower rush into who can pull & kill the warmasters/boss faster it is then, so fun!

40 Hordes and Alliance mounting past each other at the field of strife to instead kill pve npc's with no players defending them because there is no reward in defending. Player defense is what draws out AV games and actually adds any pvp to the map. Or you know, we could just have 10 games of WSG running instead. :lol:

You dont 5 min rush the original av, its just not possible.
I guess you never even played original av.
Moxey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Strife » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:41 pm

Ok not in 5 minutes if its retail-like but that doesn't change that if nobody defends the base falls quickly, pre-nerf or not. The AV's I played in the tests were over very quickly, so unless we haven't seen their "old AV" nothing will change.

If you don't agree then just wait for the first AV's when the servers up and we'll see if they are over in 20 minutes or less, as opposed to over an hour. If it's any less then it isn't old AV and that isn't necessarily a problem with the scripting, its how we play the BG now, it isn't worth stalling the game by defending because of low reward.
Strife
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Youfie » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:56 pm

Strife wrote:Ok not in 5 minutes if its retail-like but that doesn't change that if nobody defends the base falls quickly, pre-nerf or not. The AV's I played in the tests were over very quickly, so unless we haven't seen their "old AV" nothing will change.

If you don't agree then just wait for the first AV's when the servers up and we'll see if they are over in 20 minutes or less, as opposed to over an hour. If it's any less then it isn't old AV and that isn't necessarily a problem with the scripting, its how we play the BG now, it isn't worth stalling the game by defending because of low reward.

You already have rewards for defending. You got the honor bonuses for not having your own tower destroyed at the end of the game, whether you win the battle or not.

Most players are farming reputation in AV above anything else. More rep is earned by collecting armor scraps etc. from the enemy corpses. This definitely encourages middle map ganking.
It's much more profitable to be half offense + half defense rather than two groups of 40 people not encountering each other.

I didn't test AV during the tests, but if it was scripted properly player weren't able to launch the cavalry / air strike because a reputation level if needed if I recall correctly, so that might have helped a lot to reduce the length of each game. And of course nobody cared a lot about the rep during a stress test so we'll probably see a lot more people farming armor scraps and gnome scalps when the server goes live.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Funkyou » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:55 am

It's a good idea,I hope it will change the way we are playing in AV nowadays in ED
– When you come at the King you best no miss.
Funkyou
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Suggestions