User Purged

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

User Purged

by Tanks » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:09 pm

-Snipped-
Last edited by Abathur on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Post Hijacking; Improper Server Advertisement; Signature Abuse; Threatening Nostalrius users with statements of their Internet Protocols gained through Alixium.
Tanks
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Seasons 1.12.1 | The Legend of Azeroth

by Drain » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:17 pm

You're suggesting that they make new realms of the same patch, chopping up what will already be a tiny population, then later merge them up anyway??? And the point of this is just so people can race again and again???

??????????????????????????????????????????????
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

User Purged

by Tanks » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:27 pm

-Snipped-
Last edited by Abathur on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post Hijacking; Improper Server Advertisement; Signature Abuse; Threatening Nostalrius users with statements of their Internet Protocols gained through Alixium.
Tanks
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hatson » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:12 am

Here's the thing.
This is a ladder reset system you're talking of. This is a gameplay aspect Blizzard pretty much pioneered with Diablo 2.

I can understand the appeal for it. I took part in ladder races myself with friends back when Diablo 2 was still a thing. And it's a cool gameplay aspect in fast paced loot games like the Diablo series, but it's a horrible system for a MMO. At least I would never want to throw everything away and restart every 6 months like Diablo 2 ladders did.

Also, comparing this to Diablo 3 is awful, that's such a pathetic interpretation of their once glorious series.
If anything, look at how Path of Exile does their 'Leagues' in both Hardcore and Softcore ladders. Now that's how you keep the game fresh and fun to play.

But this sort of system is only ever been used for super fast paced action games where fully leveling and equipping a character in a certain fashion that you want to experiment with, only takes a few weeks. Not 1-2 years of daily commitment and 40 man teamwork.

I'm sorry, but as fun as the idea might sound to some, I think VERY few people would ever enjoy a ladder system, and of all things, a racing ladder system, in a MMO, especially a MMO as slow moving and grindy as Vanilla WoW.
I could see this being a thing on retail, but in vanilla? I would never torture myself so.

Again, I get that you might enjoy ladder races, but this is such a crazy idea on itself that I doubt barely anyone would ever want to do this. Let alone put work into making this a thing.

No offense, it's just a pretty wild idea that I don't see many people interested in or working out.
I'd be impressed though if I ever saw someone make a MMO like this. But it would have to be extremely fast paced and fast-food like design for people to be interested. Because what you're describing otherwise is a whole new level of hardcore progression. Which is exactly what most people aren't into. Because most players are on a much more casual level. (Just look at all MMOs nowadays, you're talking about some archaic design right here that I don't see working out, no offense, just trying to look at this from a realistic standpoint.)
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Birdie » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:55 pm

Maybe as a temporary competition : once the 10 first characters reach the maximum level, the whole realm gets merged into Nostalrius, and the winners get some rewards.
Would be nice to promote leveling once the server is launched.
Birdie
Private
Private

Return to Suggestions