A possible difference between Kronos and Nostalrius

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

A possible difference between Kronos and Nostalrius

by boltcrank » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:45 pm

Sup guys, how you doing? Well, first, my english isn´t very good, so sorry for possible mistakes. Kronos and Nostalrius both seem to have a great work in the scripts, with a little advantage for Nostalrius in my opinion (pathfinding stuff, AV awesome like hell)... But, Nostalrius is the first option for me for 3 reasons:
1) Located in France, which should give me a better ping
2) Stress Test, its very important to know that Nostalrius can handle a huge amount of people (Kronos don´t have a video showing this).
Last, but not least. 3) Protection: Anti-cheat and Anti-DDos is another feature in Nostalrius that I didn´t saw on Kronos. Stability is as important as scripts for me.
Please, correct me if I said any bullshit.
Cheers.
boltcrank
Private
Private

Re: A possible difference between Kronos and Nostalrius

by Hatson » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:35 pm

As far as I know you're correct on all terms. But then again I know barely anything about Kronos.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by apollan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:43 pm

I'm here for the progressive aspect mostly. I want to play through all the expansions; I enjoy each of them. But I want both servers to succeed. I would've loved for Kronos/Nostalrius to merge somehow, but I guess that's not likely to happen..
apollan
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Switchblade » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:16 pm

apollan wrote:I'm here for the progressive aspect mostly. I want to play through all the expansions; I enjoy each of them. But I want both servers to succeed. I would've loved for Kronos/Nostalrius to merge somehow, but I guess that's not likely to happen..

Indeed, it'll we probably never happen : unlike Kronos, Notalrius is not hold by TwinStar, which is a lucrative structure (yes it is : there's a cash shop for items, transfer, and even an auction house for re-selling characters....)

Imo, Kronos will be even worse than emerald dream.
Switchblade
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:26 pm

Being worse than Emerald Dream will be hard to do, unless you mean population count. Both of these servers should easily out perform Emerald Dream and start stealing its players.

Currently, Kronos looks like it'll surely have more players than Nostalrius. Nostalrius has a few more impressive videos than Kronos, but the choice is made for me by being closer. I'm an American. France is yay closer than CZ.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Switchblade » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:40 pm

Drain wrote:Being worse than Emerald Dream will be hard to do, unless you mean population count. Both of these servers should easily out perform Emerald Dream and start stealing its players.

Currently, Kronos looks like it'll surely have more players than Nostalrius. Nostalrius has a few more impressive videos than Kronos, but the choice is made for me by being closer. I'm an American. France is yay closer than CZ.

sure lack of population is a big issue, but I'm more concerned about the presence of cash shop and donation shit of some sort than the population count.
Imo, a vanilla server with a cash shop is just garbage...
Switchblade
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:42 pm

I don't know what all Emerald Dream sells in its cash shop. But having a bad cash shop is an issue for any patch, not just Classic. If a server runs a store selling raid purples, and plenty of them do; then it's a shit server. One common thing I see on top of that is vote rewards, which credit you in the store for voting for the server. So they bribe their way up vote charts and encourage players to just vote everyday, saving up their "points", rather than work in the game itself for the equipment. A cash shop shouldn't ever have anything that Blizzard wasn't selling back then; which were mainly just account services. They would sell you realm transfers, name changes, race changes, mounts, pets; they wouldn't sell you raid gear. Given that there's no sub on private servers, you could, if you really want to stretch it, attach a rate boost to one.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Switchblade » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:00 pm

Imo, a real vanilla like server shouldnt be monetizing any services or items of any sort (even funny items).
Even for free or as reward for vote.
Switchblade
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:20 pm

But the "real vanilla" did that exact thing back then. Blizzard did this themselves. Not doing so also deprives the server of easy revenue it could have made and forces players to needlessly reroll if they want to change something. If someone decides they want to change their 60 Orc Warrior to Tauren, and is willing is dump 25$ or whatever on it, that's their choice, and it's silly to say no. They already leveled the character. There's no harm to the server being done. But if they say, "I want to buy that Ragnaros 2h Mace", that's a no no. Tell him they have to actually raid for that thing.
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by boltcrank » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:24 pm

I would gladly pay also for a vip in the waiting list in case that somehow magage to occurs. They need money to make a good server for us ;).
Obs: I don´t agree also with selling shits like equips, gold in game, etc...
boltcrank
Private
Private

Next

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion