how are you tracking dkp

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: how are you tracking dkp

by Kaytie » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:31 pm

Just give loot to people who give a shit, don't raid log and put in the time.
Kaytie
Grunt
Grunt

by Cfred » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:26 pm

LOL DKP LOL

Corrupt loot council or go home
Cfred
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Robotron » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:30 pm

GA-NARL STOLE MY BAND OF ACCURIA ON WEDENSDAY
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Badtank » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:54 pm

The WebDKP addon works very well, at least fine for us.

also >not using dkp. Boy I sure do love corrupt loot systems all done in the nature of "for the raid". Yeah that never ends in drama does it.
Badtank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Cfred » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:37 am

Badtank wrote:also >not using dkp. Boy I sure do love corrupt loot systems all done in the nature of "for the raid". Yeah that never ends in drama does it.

People don't like it they can leave. There's a reason we've always had a solid core of players and why I think we had only 3 ppl leave over loot. 1 being a first time raider expected to get t2 legs, another being a little bitch and the third well I don't remember.
Cfred
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Badtank » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:11 am

Cfred wrote:
Badtank wrote:also >not using dkp. Boy I sure do love corrupt loot systems all done in the nature of "for the raid". Yeah that never ends in drama does it.

People don't like it they can leave. There's a reason we've always had a solid core of players and why I think we had only 3 ppl leave over loot. 1 being a first time raider expected to get t2 legs, another being a little bitch and the third well I don't remember.

Yeah that's a great attitude to have and a lot of people will leave. Loot council is a bad system, always will be and it will always be corrupt. Also of course it works right now, its MC with garbage loot, no one really gives a shit about anything that;s not a gutgore/viskag or some rag loot. Oh boy, no one cares.
Badtank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by lasttravel » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:02 pm

samuel7 wrote:just would like it to be in officer notes

Same!!!!
lasttravel
Grunt
Grunt

by Forest » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:00 pm

By using loot council.

Passing on upgrades because it costs too much DKP over a 'better' upgrade is always funny to watch. Have fun being less geared because you don't want to spend imaginary points.
Forest
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Simonich » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:05 pm

In my guild, in our raids, we use loot council, in which only i am in (the council) Master Loot is always switched to me.

I ask members to roll for an item, then i ask people to link the item they have in the same slot as the loot. I compare and judge by World-PvP attendances, not fucking up a lot in the raid, and overall impression as a player, and quite more judge by how much big is the upgrade one will get. Then i judge who deserves the item the most and choose.

If the one i chose has not won the roll, i ask the one with the highest roll to pass it down to that person, if he refuses (which really almost never happens since ppl happy to see their guildmates winning loot) i may ask to compensate with gold in return if i insist, if he refuses again he wins the loot. (Dont remember the last time i reached this point with a guildie).

If a pugger wins roll on some loot i really want to see a guildie get, i may offer gold (etc recently hunter won zulian cloak, i paid him 25g so he passes loot on guildie)

Often guildies decide to pass loot to other guildies, when i see such incident i make sure respect is gained for that action, might even offer gold as gift. Who gets the loot is often discussed, guildies often let me judge for loot, the rolls just point me at who should i head first.

About a dozen of ZG runs as guild and still no loot drama, so far so good :)
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Mimma » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:08 pm

lasttravel wrote:
samuel7 wrote:just would like it to be in officer notes

Same!!!!

I have made an updated version of GuildDKP which supports Officer Notes.

Direct link:
http://armory.digam.dk/index.php?sa=dow ... p1=2&p2=79

After installing / updating it will use the Public (guild) notes as before to maintain 100% backward compatibility.

To change between officer and public notes, type:
Code: Select all
/useofficernotes
/usepublicnotes

If you want to see current configuration, type:
Code: Select all
/gdconfig

The setting is persisted in the local Lua variables in the WTF folder, so if multiple people are handling DKP, you should all make sure you have configured this setting to the same value!

When you change from public to officer or vice versa the existing DKP will not be moved (or deleted). it is simply just a way telling GuildDKP where to look for and store DKP.

Have in mind that I don't raid for the moment, so the functionality has not been tested in a live raid environment. Shout if you need an alliance nab priest in your raid 8-)

Feel free to PM me if things are not working as expected.
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion