how are you tracking dkp

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: how are you tracking dkp

by Istaria » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:26 pm

Lazermon wrote:DKP systems in general to reward activity, but notably lack if you want to reward performance.

This was very well said.

The major problem I see with DKP system is the fact that people like to pass on upgrades because they want something else (either in the same or another slot). Back in retail vanilla, all sorts of nice purple upgrades kept turning into nexus crystals. Then again, others have gotten DKP to work with percentual decay systems which encourage people to use rather than hoard. Don't know what's a better system overall, but as long as upgrades don't go to waste and/or greedy officers don't always grab the good stuff first, either works.
Shanyatral / Istaria, Guild Master of <Theorycraft>
(and yes, these days I do stuff for Light's Hope - but never for Nostalrius / Elysium) .
Istaria
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: how are you tracking dkp

by lasttravel » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:40 pm

Mimma wrote:
lasttravel wrote:
samuel7 wrote:just would like it to be in officer notes

Same!!!!

I have made an updated version of GuildDKP which supports Officer Notes.

Direct link:
http://armory.digam.dk/index.php?sa=dow ... p1=2&p2=79

After installing / updating it will use the Public (guild) notes as before to maintain 100% backward compatibility.

To change between officer and public notes, type:
Code: Select all
/useofficernotes
/usepublicnotes

If you want to see current configuration, type:
Code: Select all
/gdconfig

The setting is persisted in the local Lua variables in the WTF folder, so if multiple people are handling DKP, you should all make sure you have configured this setting to the same value!

When you change from public to officer or vice versa the existing DKP will not be moved (or deleted). it is simply just a way telling GuildDKP where to look for and store DKP.

Have in mind that I don't raid for the moment, so the functionality has not been tested in a live raid environment. Shout if you need an alliance nab priest in your raid 8-)

Feel free to PM me if things are not working as expected.

Thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I can store dkp in officer note
lasttravel
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion