how are you tracking dkp

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: how are you tracking dkp

by Allstar » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:51 am

Even if DKP was a good system there's no point in using it atm with all the completely garbage loot. Ret Pallys with Bonereavers Edge, yeah okay :roll:
Allstar
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Mimma » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:40 am

Allstar wrote:Even if DKP was a good system there's no point in using it atm with all the completely garbage loot. Ret Pallys with Bonereavers Edge, yeah okay :roll:

That has nothing to do with the system, but the people (ab)using it 8-)
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Botanist » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:53 am

do gdkp like papanosta
Level 3 <GRIZZLY> Member
Level 1 Public Relations Trainee (Grizzly dindu nuffin division)
Starshina Second Class of RIDF Nostalrius Sector
Rank 1 Care Coordinator and Executive Administrator of the <GRIZZLY> Seeking Elites Precinct
Botanist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Imbaslap » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:34 pm

Allstar wrote:Even if DKP was a good system there's no point in using it atm with all the completely garbage loot. Ret Pallys with Bonereavers Edge, yeah okay :roll:

you could always not bring those classes to raids you know...
oh wait, its T1 content. nobody cares.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by samuel7 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:39 pm

Mimma wrote:Our guild are storing DKP in the officer notes, which means the DKP in a raid is not lost in case of a disconnect. To do that we use the GuildDKP addon (http://armory.digam.dk/?sa=download.fil ... p1=2&p2=79).

Basically you "/gdminus <player name> <dkp>" or add DKP to entire raid "/addraid 25".

We are working with a term called Boss DKP. This means that each boss in MC gives for example 400 DKP. That DKP is then spread out on all members of the raid, so a boss kill with 40 man gives (400 / 40 = 10) DKP each, but had there only been 30 in the raid, then (400 / 30 = 13.33 -> 14 DKP each).

I downloades itg but its puting it in player notes not oficer how do i get it in oficernotes?
samuel7
Private
Private

by Mimma » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:32 pm

Aah, you are right - i remembered wrong. Guild notes, not officer notes (does it make a difference?)
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by samuel7 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:29 pm

just would like it to be in officer notes
samuel7
Private
Private

by Lazermon » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:01 pm

When I ran a guild with the DKP system, I stored it in a google doc sheet that everyone in the guild could view. It's pretty ugly, but it did it's job fine. Other than that, all I want to say about (non-retarded) DKP systems in general is that they are very good if you want to reward activity, but notably lacking if you want to reward performance.

This was how it looked: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

I used WebDKP (an addon) to store the DKP from one raid ingame and then I simply transferred that into the sheet. I doubt my solution was anywhere near optimal, but it was nice to have all of the dkp so visible for everyone in the guild.
- AQ40 When?
- GRIZZLY Cineplex Regular
- Level 4 <Dankk Budz Collective> Memer
- Level 5 <GRIZZLY> Officer
Lazermon
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ycbshadow » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:21 pm

I currently keep track of my guild's DKP by taking a screenshot of the raid screen at the start of the raid, and then another screenshot of the raid group every hour until the end of the raid.

During the raid, I keep notes of who joins and leaves the raid and at what time.

Then, I go through each screenshot and write down how many hours each person was in the raid for, and then assign DKP accordingly.

Then I post the DKP standings on our guild's website.

This method of doing it all by hand is time consuming, but I feel that it is accurate and worth the time.
Ycbshadow
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Mimma » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:43 am

Ycbshadow wrote:This method of doing it all by hand is time consuming, but I feel that it is accurate and worth the time.

You're right: VERY timeconsuming. And what do the raid do the day you can't attend?
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion