Nostalrius advertisement

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: Nostalrius advertisement

by Drain » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:24 pm

Voting sites with server lists won't be effective unless you want to give vote rewards, which I'm against and hope Nostalrius never does. If you look at any server high on vote sites and go to their site, they are basically bribing players to do the votes. They give out points for doing it, which then trade for in game equipment. This is how they got their positions, and servers that don't do this don't get up the ladder. Those will instead be buried past the first 50 or 100 list page, and never seen. So you can either sell out to boost your ranking and get seen more, or struggle being an honest server.

It can't hurt to have the server listed on sites and let us vote, just don't expect it to do much.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Letalis » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:35 pm

Drain wrote:So you can either sell out to boost your ranking and get seen more, or struggle being an honest server.

True. Although, there is always a way to think outside of the box. Reason we can't fathom a working solution is because we're not thinking that way - takes the right person, at the right time, in the right place.

Keep up the hope, brother.

Let
Letalis
Grunt
Grunt

by Beef » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:30 pm

I could care less about rewards for voting. All I'm looking for is a huge player base. I'd vote every day for that to happen.
"BIG DADDDDYYYYY BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFF!!!!"

-BDB
Beef
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Drain » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:50 pm

Beef wrote:I could care less about rewards for voting. All I'm looking for is a huge player base. I'd vote every day for that to happen.

As would I, but results have proven that we are not the majority in this. Maybe at release they will list on sites. It can't hurt the server.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Previous

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion