anyone heard of vengeance wow?

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

anyone heard of vengeance wow?

by mx420 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:04 pm

sorry if this is advertising but im honestly curious if anyone has heard of these guys, found out about them today... and they are claiming to be some of the guys behind "mangos CMaNGOS, TBC-DB/CLASSICDB, SCRIPTDEV2, ACID" (quoted) saying ALL private servers use their work..

anyone heard anything about them?

server is up and running... obviously low pop because "they have yet to advertise." I'm at work so I havent had a chance to try it out.

anyway, delete this if its against forums rules (very sorry if this post is a nono).... just... this thing came out of nowhere and they are talking big.
mx420
Private
Private

Re: anyone heard of vengeance wow?

by Drain » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:08 pm

Tried it before. It had 2 whole people online at the time. Just finding their site is difficult.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by kahari » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:13 pm

Seems like this server just appeared out of thin air. I started a character this morning not expecting much, but I have to say I'm very impressed with the scripting so far. I've run into a couple of very minor bugs, but overall it feels very true to retail, maybe even more blizzlike than rebirth (I hate to say that because I love rb!) - but I can only judge what little I've seen so far.

I'm in NA and my ping is really low, so I'm going to give this server a shot for now. It's not like anything else has a launch date right now :(
kahari
Grunt
Grunt

by mx420 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:16 pm

ya i read people from NA have 70 or less which is amazing... anyway ill try it after work... I'm not expecting anything insane, but if its like RB... it will be a good filler until Nostalrius comes out.

btw, theres 22 ppl online :O rofl
mx420
Private
Private

by Drain » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:08 pm

It's been out for a while now. They seemed to quietly release in the dark with no advertisement once so ever because even finding evidence that the server exists is difficult. I couldn't find the site until I logged in using the saved realmlist line from last time. I then saw the URL mentioned in a system message. If you want to try it:
https://www.vengeancewow.com/
set realmlist vengeanceWoW.com
They since added a system message about voting, which I guess they are hoping make people actually discover the server. Perhaps that is what grew them from 2 players from my last visit to 20 now. When you log in, expect to immediately be messaged or invited to join the single guild for your faction. The way this server released seems stupid to me, the exact opposite of the way Nostalrius is going. Nostalrius intends to build up a nice following so it actually releases to an acceptable population that will attract new players. Ghost towns just turn most people away, preventing growth. Vengeance seems to have shot itself in the foot, and I don't know why. They could have been building up this server with advertisements or videos long before release, but instead sat on it, told no one, then quietly released to empty air. There are plenty of private servers that did this, releasing to the open air with little to no players actually on it.

The site brags about them being original private server developers but they don't make any attempts to prove this, showcase anything scripted for the server, or have videos showing anything for the server's benefit at all. This is odd, as I wonder why/how they expect people to believe anything they say. You basically have to just take their word for it, sign up and try the server, and find out. They don't even seem to have a forum now, although to clarify, I'm not sure they ever did. Last time I went to the site, there was a forum link that didn't go anywhere. I don't know if there was ever once functioning, or if it was just a dummy link that was removed. Ping is nice and low, coming from Canada, but if Nostalrius turns out to be better scripted, I don't think this server will have much of a future.

This is all just my observation, apparently a follow up of the one I made on the Corecraft thread about this same server a while ago. I was posting there before I came here, and it too had a thread about Vengeance. I don't know anything else about the server, try it if you like. Hopefully someone else will be willing to level on the server, test a lot of things, and share what they find out.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by boltcrank » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:45 am

+1
boltcrank
Private
Private

by Mdmadam » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:57 am

Heard about it for the first time yesterday and decided to roll a toon or two. Only level 9 right now, almost 10 as a hunter so I'll be able to test out how well the pets work. So far so good though, I found it cool that in my starting zone (Troll) the quest "Sarkoth" was scripted which I never saw on RB or Valk, but thats just one little thing thats stood out so far. Ya the population is low but its at 20ish today and I'm in a guild and last night at this time I was the only one on Horde side. So far so good.
Mdmadam
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Boomshaka » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:06 am

Probably another default mangos server with some small edits
Boomshaka
Grunt
Grunt

by Kes » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:43 am

I jumped on the server to goof around for a bit. Within a few minutes I noticed some things that weren't true to vanilla, like certain mobs not being hostile and LoS issues. I'm not sure how blizzlike they're aiming to be. Anyways, I'll probably keep testing it out until we get more news.
Kes
Grunt
Grunt

by Weazool » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:32 am

I'll check it out too, see if there's anything to it - i like the site's blizzlike looks too, some of those blizz design elements would look nice 'round here imho (nostalgic feeling and all)
Weazool
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion