what was the original server cap?

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: what was the original server cap?

by 123hugo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:19 am

Indeed the servers are very impressive, I'm a little concerned about AQ event opening. But I guess they have taken that in to consideration.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE WILDDADDY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

AKA Kappadin
123hugo
Private
Private

by Exlex » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:45 am

The question is - is there a real cap/limit of the population. I mean some kind of natural "break event point" when the server is just too crowded and the ppl start to leave it because of whatever reasons - not possible to get Qs/mobs/recipes from vendors.... What do you think? How many ppl can the world of WOW absorb on one server?
Exlex
Private
Private

by Ivina » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:37 pm

In my opinion, since the original game had servers with 2k5 players, it was a good idea to open a 2nd server, to keep the same population per zone as on retail.

In the next weeks it will be better because people will be spread all over levels.

In mothes, however, the same problem will arise with lvl 60 population. If really more that 3k players reach lvl 60, won't lvl 60 zones be overcrowded, making mines and plants very hard to find?
Ivina
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Exlex » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:57 pm

Ivina wrote:In my opinion, since the original game had servers with 2k5 players, it was a good idea to open a 2nd server, to keep the same population per zone as on retail.

In the next weeks it will be better because people will be spread all over levels.

In mothes, however, the same problem will arise with lvl 60 population. If really more that 3k players reach lvl 60, won't lvl 60 zones be overcrowded, making mines and plants very hard to find?

Yea, thats what i am curious about - can one Vanilla WOW blizzlike world with blizzlike spawns of ores/herbs n stuff be large enough for lets say 4K+ 60lvl chars? Not to mention the economy effects. The prices of some mats would explode because the supply is limited (number of respawn spots if fix and the respawn time as well) vs. growing demand = high inflation. So the challange on Nostalrius, and maybe the toughest one, will be the economic part of the thing...
Exlex
Private
Private

by DrunkenEnvy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:22 pm

I'm quite sure that somewhere down the line, the limit was much higher than 2.5k. This is a 1.12 based server, not 1.1.
DrunkenEnvy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Itzamna » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:16 am

I started playing wow on April/May of 2005 on a medium server, by the time i got to 60, BWL was the main raid instance and ZG was starting up. I joined a pretty big Guild, we had about 200 members (the guild is still raiding nowadays). I seriously doubt that we had 10% of the server capacity... By the time of 1.6 - 1.7 the server capacity was way higher than what it was on launch for sure. When Naxx was launched the capacity was also higher because i remember seeing more and more people on Iron Forge, and probably they increased the capacity and the stability after the AQ event...

So, yea, maybe at the begining the capacity was 2000'ish but it was largely increased in the next months.
Itzamna
Tester

by slipryy » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:21 am

nice necro
Last edited by Nano on Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Stop spamming the forums with insults.
slipryy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Synesthesia » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:54 am

slipryy wrote:nice necro
autism
Synesthesia - 60 Dwarf Priest
Synesthesia
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous