Talk to me about vanilla Shadow Priests...

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: Talk to me about vanilla Shadow Priests...

by Shaggoth » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:21 am

Ptoad wrote:My dps rotation (not in a group of loks) was SWP, Dev.Plag., VE, Psychic Scream,mind flay... continue flay till scream came up... rinse and repeat... just keep the dots up... again mind flay is extremely mana efficient.

Dots in raids ? NOPE
PRAISE THE SUN \ o /

Beta-tester :
Shaggoth - warrior tank
Drokhun - shaman heal
Morfodion - warlock unstuff

Soon to be :
<3 <3 <3 Bountyhunter - Hunter <3 <3 <3
http://kmod.free.fr/root/Vid%E9os/kevin.swf
Shaggoth
Grunt
Grunt

by Envy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:57 am

That's not a PvE dps rotation :( or psychic scream, at least, shouldn't be there. The rest is mostly not allowed in raids, indeed.
However I must agree with the guy, shadow spec during leveling is kind of cool even though it might be a pain for mana sometimes
Envy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Blood » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:04 pm

Especially during the last 10 levels. :cry:
Last edited by Blood on Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blood
Tester

by Germinou » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:04 pm

SWP can be used in raids. It's a much better DoT than most of the others, there is only 1 Shadow Priest, you have 16 slots ... I'd rather avoid VE than SWP. If you have decent healers it's not necessary most of the time.

D2 is a pretty great gear, Pretty expensive, but very useful even if it lacks a little of spell power
If you are very well geared with a lot of Shadow damage, casting lower rank of mind flay can be useful.

About 5mens, a shadow priest makes the things much easier, but can be a pain in the ass if you don't have Silence resolve and Shadow affinity, don't cast VE if you don't have both.

BTW the talent tree for PVE is not good in PVP, & vice versa.
(It's the same for every classes, but even more for shadow priest )
Germinou
Grunt
Grunt

by Skuggor » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:33 pm

Imbaslap wrote:warlock hp battery.
Skuggor
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:27 am

Skuggor wrote:
Imbaslap wrote:warlock hp battery.

Shadow Weaving battery too. You could also count Fortitude, but you probably have another Priest for that anyway, if we're talking about raids.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ptoad » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:40 pm

Sorry OP, and other guys!

My DPS rotation said Psychic Scream instead of MIND BLAST! It was not based on what a Raid boss would tell me to do... re: dot slots... and indeed SWP is single viable dot unless in a group of SM LOKs (and how often does that happen... sigh.)

Also PVP: was usually NOT in Shadow form in Arathi or WSG... some SPriests actually give up SHADOW FORM and finagle their points into IMPROVED RENEW,or DIVINE SPIRIT.
MANA: I guess I am asking here; are not the beneficial mana reduction skills fairly early in the DISC tree? I for one as a shadow/disc priest Healing a < DM N instance, NEVER needed to drink as often as a Mage/Shammy... but i had a "Healer' set of gear... which REALLY is the difference in these dungeons... IMHO.

So... why did GOD invent Major Mans Potions? so you can drink them! (f-you Warlocks you can bandage.)

Lastly: "Drain" made a comment about wands, that I kinda dismissed. Wands are HUGE, lvl 1-20 for a priest. But then again wands are HUGE for locks and mages 1-20 as well. Point is KEEP your wands updated all the time.

Hope to see you all in game!

ps

If OP rolls DWARF priest... please level holy only and favor gear with Agility/Strength... :)
Ptoad
Private
Private

by drabus » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:14 am

I'll be playing undead priest...along with troll shaman...and orc hunter.

Specs are all still TBD.
drabus
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ZanathKariashi » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:08 am

Wands are damn nice until around 40+. More specifically Lesser magic wand, Greater magic wand, Cookie's stirring rod (same damage as greater but twice as fast), Lesser Mystic Wand, Greater mystic wand, are damn nice. The other wands are crap, except for Rakemore's Tiller (quest reward from Desolace... DO NOT SELL OR DE IT!??!?!?!) which every wand user should have (Visidicus!).
ZanathKariashi
Grunt
Grunt

by Drain » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:39 pm

Yes, in the lower levels, the damage you can do with a wand is ridiculous if you get one for your level and invest into its talent. Enchanters can make them, but not until they've already leveled past the point where it would have been useful. You have to buy them, or luck up and get one from a dungeon. A lot of dungeons have wand drops, but it's difficult to look up a list now since Cata changed everything. That expansion changed the entire 1-60 bracket, making sites now display updated information, which is no good for a Classic server that wants obsolete 2006 databases.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion