Re: Black Lotus in DM

by Robotron » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:30 am

what a joke
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Cephei » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:31 am

If you want a solution for Black Lotus prices that will actually work, place a spawn inside a location where a certain group of known farmers can't camp the node(s) on multiple alts 24/7, aka. an instance.

Increasing the existing outdoor spawnrates will just make the colluders even richer, you'll accomplish nothing.
Cephei
Tester

by Slicy » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:37 pm

Ana wrote:
Slicy wrote:Even if it would double the supply, who do you think would buy these Lotus ? The same kind of people.

Why are you under the impression that the people with too much gold / botting power on their hands are going to stockpile lotuses until the Sun goes out? Nobody on this server needs more than 100-150 lotuses. If you increase the supply enough, they'll get stocked on what they need soon and then sell the excess lotuses on AH or just ease up on farming altogether. Both outcomes make lotus cheaper / more accessible (which is really the same thing) to the general public.

Simply because more is never enough ? And one possible BL in DM E wouldn't have allowed "the general public" on this server to stock up what they'll need anyways.
Do you really think people who are using/sharing several accounts of herbalists are ever going to stop because other players on the server needs them ? Have you tried to fully understand how and why they do it even ? Let me tell you this, it's far beyond getting "stocked on what they need".
I can understand why you would want things to happen like this but it's just false hopes.
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Pulsar » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:31 pm

A "blizzlike" fix is only possible if you implement a chance of a bl node giving 2 herbs. Do anything else and you're basically giving out the lotuses to everyone, and punishing people who are spending their time farming them.

Encourage other people to get in the bl race for a higher reward, it's the only way.
Pulsar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:38 pm

an item is worth what people think its worth..
ever notice BL prices spike during weekday raids when all the tryhard guilds raid with flasks?
ever notice it dip later?
focus on not using flasks and just stockpile, let the tryhards spend time and money on consumables for easy tier content. sit back on the gold mine for when it matters. :)

Robotron wrote:
Setup wrote:what about plagueblooooooooommmmmmmmmmmm

if people are actually going to use those mp5 pots, plaguebloom is going to go higher than 60g/stack pretty quickly.

>tfw never having Mongoose Elixirs ever again

http://i.imgur.com/5bEDrJT.jpg
what plaguebloom problem? :twisted:
p.s. don't suck down mongoose pots like its meth/acid/cocaine/bath salts. problem solved.

p.s.s dam u noxm for stealin the plague in fungal vale :evil:
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Robotron » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:58 pm

Imbaslap wrote:http://i.imgur.com/5bEDrJT.jpg
p.s. don't suck down mongoose pots like its meth/acid/cocaine/bath salts. problem solved.

Ever since the price hit 60g/stack, my guild no longer requires them until AQ40, but even then, I really fucking dread that progression grind. Must've gone through like 60 pots in BWL progression/early farm.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Ana » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:10 am

Slicy wrote:Do you really think people who are using/sharing several accounts of herbalists are ever going to stop because other players on the server needs them ?

Nah, I think they'll stop because they realise they're wasting away their life increasing the number of black lotuses they possess on a private server of a 11 years old game. Fuck me, it's not even an expensive car they're trying to obtain, it's a big stack of lotuses. There's got to be a line somewhere, at least for some people. I suppose the hope is pretty thin at that, but it's there :(

Slicy wrote:And one possible BL in DM E wouldn't have allowed "the general public" on this server to stock up what they'll need anyways.

It most definitely would. If black lotus was available in DME I would pick up herbalism and visit the place just enough to get 2 lotuses per week. Never more. The amount of time wasted on that doesn't compare to farming gold to try and pay the current prices (which aren't even that high just yet since no AQ out).
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Noxm » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:04 am

Imbaslap wrote:[...]

p.s.s dam u noxm for stealin the plague in fungal vale :evil:

Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Dervin20 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:36 am

Imbaslap wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/5bEDrJT.jpg

what black lotus problem?
Dervin20
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Setup » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:55 am

no big deal just, 5k worth of black lotus

You should liquidate a bunch of those before they implement the spawn increase.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion